Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 19:58   #121
BHPian

Delivery date is not confirmed by the sales person yet but he has promissed me to deliver it within 15days. 5 days already gone.

I think we can get the armrest fitted on CRDi. I will enquire tomorrow and update.
Old 8th May 2008, 19:59   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

Can we fit an armrest available in Getz GLX top end for the driver seat in Getz CRDi?
I want to fit the same. I am going to ask the dealer during the first service . Try asking your dealer too djay.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:04   #123
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.1 now also has an option of 175 tyre + spoiler for Rs.430000 Ex-Showroom price. Checked the website.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I want to fit the same. I am going to ask the dealer during the first service . Try asking your dealer too djay.
When i asked my dealer about armrest, he told i should change the driver seat .
Man i cannot change the driver seat for just an armrest.
Old 8th May 2008, 21:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
When i asked my dealer about armrest, he told i should change the driver seat .
Man i cannot change the driver seat for just an armrest.
Oh my . I have sent an email to Hyundai as a customer. Let me see what reply i am getting.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:55   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
USe 1st gear for such situations..less strain on your engine and gearbox!

Oh. I thought 1st gear would put more stress than 2nd gear. But i have no other choice , sometimes i leave it neutral and shift it when needed (only during this situation). Else i had to drive on clutch in 2nd gear or keep the brakes pressed lightly and drive and i get those jerks at the lowest rpm , still not good for brakes. So the best way is to shift to gear 1 at these times .

Undead,
Agree with Patience win. Use the 1st gear in such situation.
In fact, if you don't drive using appropriate gears designed for a given speed range, you'll end up putting more Stress(not Strain which is wrong word) on gears,bearings and other elements in the system.
So use the right gears for right speed as given in the manual.
I suggest this in such situation,
Switch to first gear ,move the car withOUT pressing the accelarator but using half clutch/brake combination and then you would not feel any jerk.

I am sure,you'll start using appropriate driving methods as you drive more and more.
To learn better drving methods, you should visit more and more to Rocking TeamBHP.

Did you try the 0-100 kmph racing ? , Hows's pick up in 2th and 3th gear ?
Do you feel consistent pick up feel in 1800-3000 rpm range?
(If its inconsistence, then Turbo may be having problem).
I am asking this because, my friend this issue with Fiesta diesel which was fixed later.

Enjoy the beast........

cheers
Anju
Old 9th May 2008, 12:47   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
USe 1st gear for such situations..less strain on your engine and gearbox!

Oh. I thought 1st gear would put more stress than 2nd gear. But i have no other choice , sometimes i leave it neutral and shift it when needed (only during this situation). Else i had to drive on clutch in 2nd gear or keep the brakes pressed lightly and drive and i get those jerks at the lowest rpm , still not good for brakes. So the best way is to shift to gear 1 at these times .

Undead,
Agree with Patience win. Use the 1st gear in such situation.
In fact, if you don't drive using appropriate gears designed for a given speed range, you'll end up putting more Stress(not Strain which is wrong word) on gears,bearings and other elements in the system.
So use the right gears for right speed as given in the manual.
I suggest this in such situation,
Switch to first gear ,move the car withOUT pressing the accelarator but using half clutch/brake combination and then you would not feel any jerk.

I am sure,you'll start using appropriate driving methods as you drive more and more.
To learn better drving methods, you should visit more and more to Rocking TeamBHP.

Did you try the 0-100 kmph racing ? , Hows's pick up in 2th and 3th gear ?
Do you feel consistent pick up feel in 1800-3000 rpm range?
(If its inconsistence, then Turbo may be having problem).
I am asking this because, my friend this issue with Fiesta diesel which was fixed later.

Enjoy the beast........

cheers
Anju
Thanks Anju , Since the car is new , i didnt try the 0-100 kmph racing , but the pick up is good, not only at 2nd or 3rd gear , but also in 5th gear from 80kmph speed. I am using 1st gear only now at those situations and its better . But i am getting rattling sound from rear left door when someone is sitting at the rear.

I need a clarification from you . While braking , i am hearing a light sound , like a metal sound . Are u getting any sound when braking. It comes only when pressing , when only when the brake is activated , just for a second.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:08   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using 1st gear only now at those situations and its better . But i am getting rattling sound from rear left door when someone is sitting at the rear.
The rear seats might not be locked properly..Get them checked..

Quote:
I need a clarification from you . While braking , i am hearing a light sound , like a metal sound . Are u getting any sound when braking. It comes only when pressing , when only when the brake is activated , just for a second.
If the sound is not continuous..then no worries..its nothing to worry..Is the sound "click" like a spring expanding or ?
Old 9th May 2008, 14:54   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
If the sound is not continuous..then no worries..its nothing to worry..Is the sound "click" like a spring expanding or ?
Yes , its like a click sound , i can say whether its spring expanding , but its a click sound when i hit the brakes .
Old 9th May 2008, 15:52   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes , its like a click sound , i can say whether its spring expanding , but its a click sound when i hit the brakes .
Well..thats nothing to worry majorly about..its just your clutch / brake springs that are new and talk.. They need some lubrication .. 2 min solution..by dealer..but dont worry about it as long as it is not continuous.. I've seen it in a lot of new cars..
Old 9th May 2008, 15:56   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Well..thats nothing to worry majorly about..its just your clutch / brake springs that are new and talk.. They need some lubrication .. 2 min solution..by dealer..but dont worry about it as long as it is not continuous.. I've seen it in a lot of new cars..
Ok . Hope i could get this corrected on the first service. I am planning to do the first service on Monday.
Old 9th May 2008, 17:08   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But i am getting rattling sound from rear left door when someone is sitting at the rear.
Chance of rattle from Getz door is very less. The build quality and the clips used are of good quality.

But a common problem with Getz is that the rear left door do not close properly with normal force. I have heard it from many getz owners. Hyundai service centre will rectify the problem, if it is there. Even my getz had this issue.

It may even be caused by the seat belt clip hitting the side plastic panel. Were you getting the rattle when the rear passenger was wearing the seat belt? If not, check if the seat belt clip is between the seat and the plastic panel.
Old 9th May 2008, 20:14   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Chance of rattle from Getz door is very less. The build quality and the clips used are of good quality.

But a common problem with Getz is that the rear left door do not close properly with normal force. I have heard it from many getz owners. Hyundai service centre will rectify the problem, if it is there. Even my getz had this issue.

It may even be caused by the seat belt clip hitting the side plastic panel. Were you getting the rattle when the rear passenger was wearing the seat belt? If not, check if the seat belt clip is between the seat and the plastic panel.
my mom used to sit at rear , she doesnt wear seat belts , i checked the clips,they are fine.. I need to leave this to the service man .
Old 10th May 2008, 22:58   #134
Senior - BHPian

Checked the Fuel Efficiency again. came to 13.5 kmpl . Its neither a city mileage nor a highway mileage. I drove in the city under bumper to bumper traffic for some kms and in highways i couldnt drive at 5th gear for few mins , as there were heavy traffic and i had to change the gears often to overtake the trucks. Let me see after the first service which i am going to do it on monday.
Also i have bought Xenos Security lock for Rs.3650 . Planning to install the same with the Hyundai service .
Old 10th May 2008, 23:55   #135
BHPian

Was 100 but now 150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Am very sure Temp Regn will cost less than Rs.500, but they have charged you Rs.3000
I am not very sure about this but I believe the present rates are Rs50/- for temp registration and it is Rs200/- for permanent registration.

When my dad bought the car a year ago we paid Rs200 for permanent registration in total but had to go to the RTO office twice where the fellows were trying there level best to find some error or mistake in filing up of the papers so that we would get fed up and employ a tout so that he gets his share.

MVD, Department

go to item number 29 and 30. It cannot vary by much in other states.

Charging 2000 and 3000 is daylight robbery.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 10th May 2008 at 23:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks