Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 15:38   #31

This is so scary. In which city did this happen? I also own a Ford Fiesta petrol EXi version in Pune. So far it has been fine, but I am still quite sceptical about their service as only when some serious problem occurs, one can find out the quality of service. When things are smooth most dealers will be okay.
Old 25th May 2008, 20:08   #32
LLL
BHPian

The way i am reading the email from Ford, they will pay you 5.05L + 60% of (8.79-5.05) i.e. 2.25L. So they will return you 7.3L and you will have to pay 1.5L approx.

I would say that if you want to replace your car with a ford, then you can take the offer. Else, you can try asking them to give 7.3L as cash as you do not trust ford product anymore. If you are not satisfied with 7.3L, then you should tell them to return you the entire amount that you had paid. Last option is the consumer court...

Ford is an unethical company as we all found out from a court case that was fought between a t-bhpian here and Metro ford..Ford did not even pay-up or exert pressure over its dealer to fulfill the adverse verdict from the consumer court.
Old 25th May 2008, 20:54   #33
BHPian

MM i really feel sorry that you had to go through this. My 97 Zen (1.5lakh+ kms) and 99 OHC with 96k kms have given me fewer problems in these 10 + years.

Just a couple of days back a friend wanted advise on the Fiesta. I'm gonna send a link of this thread to him. Terrible attitude from Ford India towards the customer.
Old 26th May 2008, 00:36   #34
BHPian

Hi toiingg just sending this link to your friend about Ford is not right,cause there are quite a few satisfied customer's including me in this forum(A.S.S service provided by Shaman Ford Mumbai to me has been good).If you search the forum there are complaints for all the manufacturer's in India,Hope you get my point send him all the links in this forum regarding the Fiesta and then let him decide
Old 26th May 2008, 01:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its shocking that Fiesta has such problems. Get in touch with auto magazines, however they may require subscriptions in these cases( not sure if they handle without without subscriptions ).
Yes, do get in touch with Indian Car magazines. They help out even if you do not have a subscription. They helped out with my Santro problem http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-2years-2.html

"What Car" magazine even published a full page article with a photo of my car explaining what to do. Best Wishes.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi toiingg just sending this link to your friend about Ford is not right,cause there are quite a few satisfied customer's including me in this forum(A.S.S service provided by Shaman Ford Mumbai to me has been good).If you search the forum there are complaints for all the manufacturer's in India,Hope you get my point send him all the links in this forum regarding the Fiesta and then let him decide
I could not have put things in a better perspective. Well said, yogi! I too am a satisfied Fiesta customer.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:53   #37

Hi Listen i had a similar problem on my Ford Fusion 2005 and i fought with ford and they gave me a brand new one after using it for 1.5 years last year .It went ot the garage every week with various problems.I sincerely suggest you take a print out of all the number of times it has visited Shaman and apply to consumer court as well as Shaman directly .All the best
Zain
Old 26th May 2008, 17:36   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Monkey,

Its shocking to have heard about the problems with your Fiesta. As we spoke, take it up strongly with Ford. Shaman seems to have limited powers, it is Ford that can make the difference.

Do NOT accept such unreliability when you have paid premium money for a relatively small sedan.
To be frank enough I have faced lot of issue with Shaman Ford.
Ford makes exceptional cars Shaman Screws it.There is email Id to escalate the matter and get it done.
Will update you all with the contact details.

Fact is Shaman is only minting money from customers and not giving services I have two fords from them and always I have some service related issue from Shaman.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I could not have put things in a better perspective. Well said, yogi! I too am a satisfied Fiesta customer.
Guys, i have done just that.
It's not that i have anything against the car, of course, things can go wrong. Its just a machine after all. It could happen to any car by any manufacturer. It's just the dealer + company's attitude towards the customer which has put me off.
Old 26th May 2008, 21:12   #40
BHPian

I have been getting calls for membership of Welcome to My Rights 9 To 9

They say they are the promoters of "jaago grahak jaago" ads seen on tv. One year membership is Rs 629. They help you with consumer cases. I havent taken the membership yet but I think it might be a good idea to try it out.

P.S:- I am not trying to promote the website. Please verify the details yourself and think about it.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
(Raises hand)....And I'm one as well. I didn't get your point below either Toiingg -

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Terrible attitude from Ford India towards the customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
It's just the dealer + company's attitude towards the customer which has put me off.
I thought Ford India have given a pretty good deal in this case - its a 2 year car that they have offered to replace & pick up the bulk of the price difference. In effect, Monkey gets a brand new car after driving one for 2 years by paying a pretty small sum. I thought that was a good deal compared to what some other manufacturers may offer (or not offer). But that's just my opinion
Old 27th May 2008, 12:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, I did not know it was a 2-year old car. I guess you've got a good deal. Initially I thought it was a new car, so why should you lose a couple of lakhs.
Old 27th May 2008, 23:30   #43
BHPian

The car started giving problems from the fourth month of ownership itself. In addition to that, something or the other always went wrong every 2-3 months for the next 2 years.

Taking into account the agony that MM had to face in running to the service center every time to get it fix for 2 years i think the company should be replacing the car for free.

But then, that just my opinion, no hard feelings for anyone
Old 28th May 2008, 00:29   #44
BHPian

I doubt(for that matter I am sure) any manufacturer in India will replace it with a new car
Old 28th May 2008, 09:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an unfortunate case of getting a lemon. Because if this were the general case with all Fiesta-Ds, then there would be quite some owners crying foul down south, where I think most of the Fiesta-Ds sell.

Is it possible that M_M was given a refurbished car that had had an accident or was damaged during transit, which could be the reason for the recurring problems ?

GTO's C-class that was replaced, was also a 2-year old car. Did he get the new car without having to pay any difference in amount due to depreciation etc ? If so, I think M_M should also aim for a replacement without having to pay anything from his pocket. Given that he has suffered so much during the 2-year ownership experience, I would think the least he deserves is to get a free replacement.

@yogi, no manufacturer would do a free replacement, if left to their discretion. But there are legal ways to make them do it, if the customer can prove that he was given a defective product. Ofcourse, we must be ready for the long and tiring legal battle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks