Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 22:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This is really shocking that even in this day, Fiat continues to treat its customers like trash.
Oh! Really! Get a break pal!

Take this incident itself, within 5 working days, Fiat Tata ASC managed to get the FP (not made in India) and delivered the Car.
I prefer to wait for a week & drive a fantastic Car, rather than driving a rattling Car 365 days!

Quote:
I feel Fiat deserves to shut down it operations in India forever just like PAL downed shutters.
I feel a certain MSIL should shut down in India for making tinny & rattling cars in India & selling them for 5 - 6 lacs!

If only wishes were horses....!

Quote:
That's a honda... we are talking Fiat here! Pls dont compare chalk and cheese. and dont take every anti fiat post personally. its not your company or anything right??
Which post did I take it personally?

And thanks for letting me know that Fiat is not my company!
Old 26th May 2008, 22:30   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take this incident itself, within 5 working days, Fiat Tata ASC managed to get the FP (not made in India) and delivered the Car.
More than the delay, its the way the customer was treated that i was horrified with!!

Quote:
I prefer to wait for a week & drive a fantastic Car, rather than driving a rattling Car 365 days!!
Err... i really fail to understand where does the rattling car come into the picture here??? Which one are u talking about?? By any chance is it a city u are referring to?? Den i'd suggest u get your facts right.

Quote:
I feel a certain MSIL should shut down in India for making tinny & rattling cars in India & selling them for 5 - 6 lacs!
If only wishes were horses....!
Also, pls leave meruti alone. The matter of its cars rattling are discussed in another thread and not here.

Quote:
Which post did I take it personally?
every single post against fiat on every single thread!!

Quote:
And thanks for letting me know that Fiat is not my company!
You are most welcome!!
Old 26th May 2008, 22:37   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More than the delay, its the way the customer was treated that i was horrified with!!
Shocking! What is the mistreatment you are talking about?

Was the customer's car forcibly taken by ASC & told to forget about the Car???
Old 26th May 2008, 22:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

glad you got everything cleared up eclectix. I guess you are happy but the same thing happens here in chennai @ concorde where after delays they try to make concillatory gestures.

but who cares eh.. the car is back and everything is normal again
Old 26th May 2008, 23:28   #140
BHPian

Hey eclectix. Congrats buddy!! It was (is) an interesting thread.. I understand its is really painful to wait for the parts like this..butI would say its not that bad as it is generally made out to be. Through this post, I have learnt abt the problems ASC are facing for stocking the spares. But than I see things are improving..and it will take time to reach to the status of Maruti and Hyundai. As a fiat fan, I know the situation and still would like to go for Grand Punto when it is launced. They are giving us quality cars and thats my bit of encouragement for them .

Enjoy your car mate and keep us updated
Old 27th May 2008, 08:49   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Hey eclectix. Congrats buddy!! It was (is) an interesting thread.. I understand its is really painful to wait for the parts like this..butI would say its not that bad as it is generally made out to be. Through this post, I have learnt abt the problems ASC are facing for stocking the spares. But than I see things are improving..and it will take time to reach to the status of Maruti and Hyundai. As a fiat fan, I know the situation and still would like to go for Grand Punto when it is launced. They are giving us quality cars and thats my bit of encouragement for them .

Enjoy your car mate and keep us updated
IMHO Tata - Fiat should start opening more ASCs thru existing dealers or stand alone ASCs to counter these problems.

The way I see they can definitely sustain the load, as both Tata & Fiat are having decent sales to sustain any new investments.
cheers:
Old 27th May 2008, 09:04   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Wow. This surely is some achievement. A car (new one at that) stalls on 17th May and all it takes to get it back on road is a simple fuel-pump to be replaced - a plug-and-play job. The car is back on road on 26th May, having taken 10 days (1/3rd of a month). And that is made out to be an achievement in this day and age when the same job on any other brand of car would have taken just about a couple of hours.

Pop open the champagne bottle, finney. This truly is worth celebrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Now this is the height of absurdity, bringing in MSIL into a thread which is only about how unreliable a Fiat is and how pathetic their A.S.S. is. But since you mention rattles and tinny build, let me give you a couple of examples which should make it amply clear that rattles are not MSIL's monopoly.

1) In chennai tbhp, we have a new Palio Stile, which according to the owner itself, rattles all over the place. So much for the rattles on the MSIL cars.

2) We have another Palio 1.2 here which is maybe max 2 years old, but which has the body rusted for some 15cm by 2cm area. Try showing me a 1-2 year old MSIL car with rust on it. So much for the tank-like-build.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:07   #143
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that you are back in action. Enjoy your "Italian Fuel Pump"-ed beauty.
Drive safe. I'm sure you know you have one of the best cars. Take care.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:35   #144
Team-BHP Support

Hey glad to know its sorted out and you had a good experience to share at the end of the day. Enjoy the drive.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:07   #145
BHPian

Congratulation Elcx. All is well when end is well. Enjoy your car again. Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
1) In chennai tbhp, we have a new Palio Stile, which according to the owner itself, rattles all over the place. So much for the rattles on the MSIL cars.
2) We have another Palio 1.2 here which is maybe max 2 years old, but which has the body rusted for some 15cm by 2cm area. Try showing me a 1-2 year old MSIL car with rust on it. So much for the tank-like-build.
Why to go that far, when Elcx's car itself rattles. As he said that they have fixed minor rattles in his car along with fixing FP.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:10   #146
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the car is back in good condition. Enjoy!!
Old 27th May 2008, 11:12   #147
Senior - BHPian

MODS: Before this thread turns into another flame war, it should either be locked or problematics posts be cleaned up.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:12   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
First he wanted me to introduce me to some other Mgr from Prerana, who was there with my supposed spare car. It was a black Indigo. (poor thing never got used by me).

He spent a couple of mins explaining me why & what was happening with TATA - FIAT marriage.
  • As discussed earlier in the thread, Fiat gives spares to ASC on cash only basis, which makes it not so attractive for these guys to pile them up in the warehouse like the Tata parts.
  • Fiat India themselves don't stock most of the parts, which is causing the major part of the delay.
  • Only 2 persons per ASC has been trained initially for the Fiat service, which usually piles up the Fiat cars. He pointed to several Fiat cars in the yard (Unos, Petra, GTX...). Even though the parts are available they cant finish the job immediately & the delay prolongs.
After that I took a TD. As I started driving, Mr Samiulla explained the job done on the car.
  • Fuel Pump Replaced.
  • Engine Tuned up.
  • ECU analysed for any other issues.
  • Minor rattling issue sorted out. (details will be posted on that thread) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-advice.html
  • Interiors all cleaned up & shampooed (The stock seats had some spots, pickle stains etc)
  • Exterior washed and polished.
  • Engine bay cleaned (Looks better than the new car)
All of the above was done at ZERO COST.

That shows that Service was excellent and they did everything they could.

Fault lies clearly with FIAT India for shortage of spares (Issue with selling parts only on cash basis).

Hope that mother ships (Fiat S.p.A. and TATA Motors) give more $$$$ to FIAT India so that they can sort out this issue.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:19   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Why to go that far, when Elcx's car itself rattles. As he said that they have fixed minor rattles in his car along with fixing FP.
Thanks.

It was not rattling in the true sense, like doors or other parts. Please go thru that thread.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-advice.html

It was a tappet issue. Definitely doesn't qualify as a rattle. Have to blame my vocabulary for giving you that impression.

cheers:
Old 27th May 2008, 11:26   #150
Team-BHP Support

Eclex: Right time to close the thread now ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks