Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 17:32   #121
BHPian

Update

3:31 PM
I got a call from the Manager at Prerana Motors.

Saar your car is ready. Got the Fuel Pump early in the afternoon. we've installed & its working fine. Please come and pick up your car after 6-30 PM.

why so late? I can come now.

We have to check it for a while on analyser, then washing etc will take some time. should be ready by 6-30.

After 1 week of waiting, a few minutes hardly matter. But I was worried about the traffic jam around that time.

5:04 PM
Message from TATA MOTORS
Your Palio Stile 1.6 Sport is ready after service. Please contact your service advisor for taking delivery.

Will be leaving in a short while for the pick up.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:48   #122
Team-BHP Support

Very the goods !!! Enjoy
Old 26th May 2008, 17:51   #123
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, at last you got it hehe

let us updated when you get the car ....
Old 26th May 2008, 18:07   #124
Senior - BHPian

hallelujah.

Please take your laptop - show it to the TASC. Show them the number of potential customers who've been turned away because of sheer issues like these.

And this was namma bengalooru. Imagine if you were off driving in Coorg. God only bless then!
Old 26th May 2008, 18:14   #125
Senior - BHPian

Wish you all the best eclectix - it feels great to re-unite with your loved ones

but like phamilyman said - take your lappy and show it to them - may be they will rectify themselves.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 26th May 2008 at 18:22.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:41   #126
Senior - BHPian

eclectix, Good that you got the FP and Car!

To the dismay of Fiat skepticals on this forum, this thread can now be closed!
Old 26th May 2008, 19:48   #127
BANNED

I strongly detest that. Let 'eclectix 1st' share his post-fix problems & issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Old 26th May 2008, 19:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I strongly detest that. Let 'eclectix 1st' share his post-fix problems & issues.
Oops, do you face 'POST-FIX' problems with Honda?
Old 26th May 2008, 20:02   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't worry. They have had and unfortunately will have a lot of threads to speak their minds.

Eclectix: Do update us when you take the delivery. Also, is there way to check that the same thing does not happen again ? I am no expert and hence asking.
Old 26th May 2008, 20:21   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I partly agree. As a potential Fiat buyer (either palio D or the palio D engine ), I've been quite put off. While post #28 indicates that FP is a plug/play job, but just want to hear eclectix's last famous words!
Old 26th May 2008, 20:30   #131
Team-BHP Support

eclectix 1st

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
eclectix, Good that you got the FP and Car!
eclectix 1st is free to put up his experiences, if he so wishes.
Guys, in the meantime, please don't turn this into another duelling thread.
Thanks!
Old 26th May 2008, 20:38   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
3:31 PM
I got a call from the Manager at Prerana Motors.

Saar your car is ready. Got the Fuel Pump early in the afternoon. we've installed & its working fine. Please come and pick up your car after 6-30 PM.

why so late? I can come now.

We have to check it for a while on analyser, then washing etc will take some time. should be ready by 6-30.

After 1 week of waiting, a few minutes hardly matter. But I was worried about the traffic jam around that time.

5:04 PM
Message from TATA MOTORS
Your Palio Stile 1.6 Sport is ready after service. Please contact your service advisor for taking delivery.

Will be leaving in a short while for the pick up.
It is good know that the car is ready and ready to mingle. Please send us your post-fix report and I think it would be good you to post ownership reports now and then. The current/potential customers will understand the car better. I will be posting my long term report soon.

Do not blast me saying this, but the problem is rectified in a span of 8 days that including 2 sundays. I do not think it is not very longer compared to bad old days (supposed to be) of FIAT A.S.S. Is it time to change my signature? hmm....May be not. Continuous improvement and consistency are the key.

-BSR
Old 26th May 2008, 21:06   #133
Team-BHP Support

Nice to know everything has gone well in the end. You might have got the car by now.

Did you make use of the spare car they offered?
Old 26th May 2008, 21:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

This is really shocking that even in this day, Fiat continues to treat its customers like trash.

I had a FP issue with my city due to bad fuel, the A.S.S came home in about half an hour and replaced it before evening. Was in extended warranty period at that time

I feel Fiat deserves to shut down it operations in India forever just like PAL downed shutters.

Quote:
Nope. That's a honda... we are talking Fiat here! Pls dont compare chalk and cheese. and dont take every anti fiat post personally. its not your company or anything right?? And its not as if they have a lot to boast around rite??
Old 26th May 2008, 22:14   #135
BHPian

Home Sweet Home

Guys Thanks a ton for all your moral support.

Am very sorry for the delay, The moment I returned Wifey had planned a celebratory dinner outside, so just came back.

As posted earlier, I went there by 6-45 PM. The Manager Samiulla was waiting with my shining red baby right in front of the reception.

First he wanted me to introduce me to some other Mgr from Prerana, who was there with my supposed spare car. It was a black Indigo. (poor thing never got used by me).

He spent a couple of mins explaining me why & what was happening with TATA - FIAT marriage.
  • As discussed earlier in the thread, Fiat gives spares to ASC on cash only basis, which makes it not so attractive for these guys to pile them up in the warehouse like the Tata parts.
  • Fiat India themselves don't stock most of the parts, which is causing the major part of the delay.
  • Only 2 persons per ASC has been trained initially for the Fiat service, which usually piles up the Fiat cars. He pointed to several Fiat cars in the yard (Unos, Petra, GTX...). Even though the parts are available they cant finish the job immediately & the delay prolongs.
After that I took a TD. As I started driving, Mr Samiulla explained the job done on the car.
  • Fuel Pump Replaced.
  • Engine Tuned up.
  • ECU analysed for any other issues.
  • Minor rattling issue sorted out. (details will be posted on that thread) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-advice.html
  • Interiors all cleaned up & shampooed (The stock seats had some spots, pickle stains etc)
  • Exterior washed and polished.
  • Engine bay cleaned (Looks better than the new car)
All of the above was done at ZERO COST.

The car has become smoother than before.

I did ask this guy about recurrence. He said after installation, its been checked for more than 1 hr of running without any issues. Its very rare for the FP to go bust, unless you use bad fuel or run the fuel tank dry every now and then.

We came back to the ASC, Within a couple of mins, finished the paperwork. Wanted me to sign on the Warranty Invoice. (The fuel Pump costs Rs. 8890)

After having tea with the Prerana guys, left for home, a happy man.

BTW Got a offer for free washing of the car from the Mgr in the future.

Guys, one thing I concluded from this affair,

FINAL WORD:
As much agony its caused me this one week, IMHO it would be quite wrong to blame the ASC for the mess up. I understand that they are the front men (or Face) of the company. But these guys have been doing a decent job under the limited circumstances.

ON GOING ISSUE:
I'm happy about getting back the car but the way Fiat has handled is far frm better. Till the spare parts were received by the ASC in the afternoon, no one (Prerana / TML) knew its ETA. TML guys without prior knowledge had sent that guy with the spare car.

If the ETA was known, there would be a lot less pain for me & a lot of productivity for TML & the ASC guys.

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 26th May 2008 at 22:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks