Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 18:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

hmmm! Bangalore is just few hours from Pune - i guess they will receive few more spare parts from Pune and that may be causing the delay - tough luck :(

see if anyone is coming to bangy from pune and he can pick it up for you.
Old 19th May 2008, 18:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Hi pal, sorry to know about this, but breakdown can happen with ANY Car! So take heart!
But Palio is not 'ANY' CAR. How can a 'heavely' Palio behave like eartly creatures.
Old 19th May 2008, 20:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
hmmm! Bangalore is just few hours from Pune - i guess they will receive few more spare parts from Pune and that may be causing the delay - tough luck :(

see if anyone is coming to bangy from pune and he can pick it up for you.
According to A_S_S, the delay is because it is supposedly dispatched by surface transport, not by express courier.

I did mention about getting the FP myself, but because its replaced under warranty they have to source it internally.
Old 19th May 2008, 20:37   #34
Team-BHP Support

Ok so it was the fuel pump at the end of the day, good that they sorted it out. All the best at getting your car back in tip top shape.

ps: I too dont agree on the idea of removing another individuals car parts "without permission", just put yourself in his shoe and then you will understand.
Old 19th May 2008, 21:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
My *** experience in this regard was fairly good considering I got free 24/7 breakdown service for a conked alternator issue in my 1.6. The car was returned within 48 hours
is alternator fault quite common ? happened to me too and another palio was in for same fault that time at TASS. its supplied by tvs lucas, i think someone needs to check the QC at their end

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Got a call from the Service advisor. Said that the FP will be reaching the workshop by Friday.
hope your car gets up and running soon cheers: any idea who supplies the fuel pump ? like is it from tata or any 3rd party vendor as well ?
Old 20th May 2008, 00:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that your car will be back running soon.

That said, couple of koshuns:
a. Broken record koshun - while you may have been large hearted et al, I still don't see explicitly stating that you DID take permission. For all you know, the other car's owner may be a (very pissed) bhpian (atleast at this moment).
b. Fumb koshun - Was there no way to get the FP up and running? No desi jugaad to get it working and get you mobile for a couple of days? Or they are content just simply changing parts?!
Old 20th May 2008, 01:23   #37
HKP
BHPian

Once I had got stuck in Marathahalli signal like this. I can understand this situation, hope your Palio comes out fit and fine. Do you have to pay for this or is it covered under warranty?

\\hkp
Old 20th May 2008, 07:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Good to know that your car will be back running soon.

That said, couple of koshuns:
a. Broken record koshun - while you may have been large hearted et al, I still don't see explicitly stating that you DID take permission. For all you know, the other car's owner may be a (very pissed) bhpian (atleast at this moment).
b. Fumb koshun - Was there no way to get the FP up and running? No desi jugaad to get it working and get you mobile for a couple of days? Or they are content just simply changing parts?!
a] See post # 28

b] If it was the mechanical problem some jugaad could've been made. But it was the electronic part that gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
Once I had got stuck in Marathahalli signal like this. I can understand this situation, hope your Palio comes out fit and fine. Do you have to pay for this or is it covered under warranty?

\\hkp
Thanks. NO I don have to pay anything. Its covered under warranty.
and I've got a lot of it. (18 Months + 18 Months-Extended)
cheers:
Old 20th May 2008, 13:13   #39

Same thing happened to me with Palio 1.6, about 3 months back when the car just about 400 kms old. Recently another joint in the power steering fluid cable got detached and power steering was not working. I went to Prerana , they said it will take 10 days to get the new cable, and I am not supposed to use the vehicle when power steering is off ! Finally after 2 weeks it got fixed and it was a pain to not use car for such long time. The support service for Fiat sucks and all these little nagging problems like the pipes seem to pop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
On a Hyderabad - Bangalore run last year, my GTX died on me during a passing maneuver on the highway, some 100km from Hyderabad.

I pulled over and tried cranking it, while the crank was healthy the engine simply refused to fire. I looked under the hood for any tell-tale signs and found none. I then looked under the car and found that the main fuel line located underneath the car had detached itself from the filter and the cause of the engine quitting was simple fuel starvation. Took all of ten minutes to fix, but for the better part of 30 minutes I was totally clueless and frustrated.

While my car was 6 years old at the time, I still think its worth checking this out as well.
Old 20th May 2008, 16:54   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Eclectix, sorry to hear about the breakdown. That can happen to any car.

What CANT happen is this:

Quote:
I asked the guy, how long it will take to get a new one. He said it might take a few days.
What kind of a manufacturer takes a *few days* to get a fuel pump across to their dealer? What kind of an authorised dealer doesn't stock something as common as a fuel pump? Shocking! You got to wait for a week (since breakdown) to get your car back?
Old 20th May 2008, 17:17   #41
BHPian

hope for the best ecclestix

glad that u r about to get ur car soon. hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What kind of a manufacturer takes a *few days* to get a fuel pump across to their dealer? What kind of an authorised dealer doesn't stock something as common as a fuel pump? Shocking! You got to wait for a week (since breakdown) to get your car back?
we cannot do anything much GTO...this is for all Fiat owners..we have no choice but to wait....
hope Fiat really gets its A_S_S on track asap.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup hope the situation improves. Spoke to some MBA type marketing guys from FIAT about 6 months ago and they said they were trying to push TATA dealers to build up their stocks on FIAT spares too as well as appoint local distributors in major areas for spares but looks like nothing has happened yet
Old 20th May 2008, 18:18   #43
BHPian

Same thing happened 2 weeks back with my Palio 1.6. Was in a very busy junction and engine died. i was with my wife and friend. Asked them to push it and managed to get it to roadside but not very far from junction. Called up breakdown service and they said it will take 3 hrs. It was 8 in the night. Suddenly a cop came up and challaned me 100 bucks for parking the car there. I told him it's not parked but it broke down. But he would not listen. Finally, a guy who said he was a mechanic, asked me push and try to start it. Thankfully it worked!!!

Only that in my case, it refused to crank as well. The culprit was a faulty regulator in alternator system. Car was back in 48 hrs and problem is not seen yet.

Last edited by windsurfer : 20th May 2008 at 18:21.
Old 20th May 2008, 18:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The Manager actually said that they keep just one FP in stock (as there is no demand for that part) & they had fitted that one on a vehicle just 2 days before.

Even thats acceptable. But they hadn't bothered to re-order till my problem came up. . If they had done that I wouldn't have had to wait.

When I raised the issue, the manager also shouted at some guy from the stores, who ordered 2 FP s (One for my car and the other for their stock).

I suppose they haven't heard of the concept of "Minimum Order Quantity"

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 20th May 2008 at 18:30.
Old 20th May 2008, 18:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Same thing happened 2 weeks back with my Palio 1.6. Was in a very busy junction and engine died. i was with my wife and friend. Asked them to push it and managed to get it to roadside but not very far from junction. Called up breakdown service and they said it will take 3 hrs. It was 8 in the night. Suddenly a cop came up and challaned me 100 bucks for parking the car there. I told him it's not parked but it broke down. But he would not listen. Finally, a guy who said he was a mechanic, asked me push and try to start it. Thankfully it worked!!!

Only that in my case, it refused to crank as well. The culprit was a faulty regulator in alternator system. Car was back in 48 hrs and problem is not seen yet.
The junction that I got stuck is amongst the top Traffic Jammers in BLR. (T-Dasarahalli & Tumkur Road Jn)

Lucky me. I was not bothered by any cops, even though I succeeded to stop the traffic behind me for two green signals (about 6 mins) and was on the road (side) for more than 4 hours.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks