Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 15:40   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
quite non commital indeed, rahulkool who had mailed them regarding getting a new door for his palio got a similar and delayed response to his queries as well. dont see the quite the enthusiasm as last time. wonder if tbhp members are flooding his inbox
As Manager for Customer Service, its his primary duty to serve the esteemed Customers of Fiat.

So flooding of mails by TBHP members (even if it happens) is not an issue at all.

Moreover his mail almost looks like a automated one.
Old 24th May 2008, 20:53   #92
BHPian

Update

The Fuel Pump arrived from chennai. Apparently Concorde chennai had stock, which they sent it to Concorde Bangalore, from where Prerana Motors picked it up in the afternoon.

2-30 PM
The Manager from Prerana
Saar, we got the FP, we'll install, check and call you for pick up.
Great. Exactly after a week I'm getting my car!!!

3-15 PM
Saar, the fuel pump is a mis-match. Wont work in 1.6. Will have to wait for the FP ordered with Fiat, Ranjangaon.
&@@#$%^&

Call to GM of TML.... no answer.

I get a SMS - Sir, I am in Delhi for a meeting. Will take up your matter, I wont let you down. Will update you on Monday.

Shot off a spicy e-mail to Mangesh at fiat.

This if for the mods for not allowing more animations to express my
(No offense Mods)
Old 24th May 2008, 21:04   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
As Manager for Customer Service, its his primary duty to serve the esteemed Customers of Fiat.

So flooding of mails by TBHP members (even if it happens) is not an issue at all.

Moreover his mail almost looks like a automated one.
yeah i also got the same reply as you on the same date i guess ..... maybe he was on holiday and replied to everyone same day hehe ....

anyways the reply is automated one but he wrote 2 lines in the bottom instructing two more persons(who were on the cc) about attending the problem and revert him back about the progress ....

anyways i don't really care about the delay in service unless its 2-3 months lol but wat matters to me is quality, at least they should provide quality service, but what u can expect from tata

Last edited by Rahulkool : 24th May 2008 at 21:06.
Old 24th May 2008, 21:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fuel Pump arrived from chennai. Apparently Concorde chennai had stock, which they sent it to Concorde Bangalore, from where Prerana Motors picked it up in the afternoon.

2-30 PM
The Manager from Prerana
Saar, we got the FP, we'll install, check and call you for pick up.
Great. Exactly after a week I'm getting my car!!!

3-15 PM
Saar, the fuel pump is a mis-match. Wont work in 1.6. Will have to wait for the FP ordered with Fiat, Ranjangaon.
&@@#$%^&

Call to GM of TML.... no answer.

I get a SMS - Sir, I am in Delhi for a meeting. Will take up your matter, I wont let you down. Will update you on Monday.

Shot off a spicy e-mail to Mangesh at fiat.

This if for the mods for not allowing more animations to express my
(No offense Mods)

tough luck.. not sure if its an issue with concorde because they made a mistake while ordering a replacement door for my car and they again had to place the order again for right one.

do post if you get any ETA on the fuel pump thats coming from FIAT.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:24   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats as unprofessional as they come. Send them an email with a link to this thread.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:50   #96
Team-BHP Support

I think Fiat has a tighter inventory compared to other manufacturers, especially since its combined with Tata now. Have some patience and get the part installed, good that they didnt pass on a wrong part onto you.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats as unprofessional as they come. Send them an email with a link to this thread.
I've actually hinted to Mangesh that I'll go to the press.

Wifey is a journalist with good contacts in media of all kinds. So I might take them on if not handled in the right way.

As long as they don't mislead & keep me updated, I'm ok with the delay. In spite of repeated inquiry on the status of the original order, Fiat is still mum.
Old 24th May 2008, 23:09   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've actually hinted to Mangesh that I'll go to the press.

Wifey is a journalist with good contacts in media of all kinds. So I might take them on if not handled in the right way.

As long as they don't mislead & keep me updated, I'm ok with the delay. In spite of repeated inquiry on the status of the original order, Fiat is still mum.
go on do that if you can ..... they just don't worth your time or trouble
Old 24th May 2008, 23:16   #99
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Out of curiosity, I want to know if all Maruti ASCs stock Fuel pump of all their cars?

I don't think so!
have been following this thread for sometime, but keeping quiet.
but its difficult to keep silent when one reads stuff like this.
FIAT finds it difficult to provide spares for its cars, but maruti still gets shot at.in a thread that has no relation to it. why?

Old 24th May 2008, 23:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think Fiat has a tighter inventory compared to other manufacturers, especially since its combined with Tata now. Have some patience and get the part installed, good that they didnt pass on a wrong part onto you.
I did get to the bottom of this issue.

Fiat gives spares to the ASCs strictly on Cash only basis, while most of the other manufacturers give credit facility to their ASCs.

So none of the Tata-Fiat ASCs want to hang on to a large inventory.

[This information was posted earlier by a TBHPian, which was later confirmed by TML]

Like I said in the earlier post, I'm ok with the time. But getting vague / misleading replies is a definite NO NO
Old 24th May 2008, 23:41   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The worst that each could independently think up will gain a new synergy!

That's when users will know how GOOD the old days were!
The only two reasons why I am keeping the GTX after the so called failed marriage of TATA with FIAT is that my car has not yet given me trouble in 4 years and 11 months except for wiper blades. Imagine taking the car to TATA for repairs; thankfully the old TVS guys who faced a lot of brickbats previously have started a workshop 400meters from my place of residence. Compared to the TATA guys these oldies from TVS are heaven sent. Another factor is that they (TVS oldies) know that fail safe repairs to the Palio customers is their bread butter and jam as they are no more the authorized service center.

The other more important reason is that all spares are available at Elegant Spares in Mamangalam, Ernakulam, Kerala.
If ever Elegant Spares stops keeping an inventory of spares for the GTX that very day my car would be up for sale which I may do anyway when the new OPTRA comes out.
Old 24th May 2008, 23:44   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The only two reasons why I am keeping the GTX after the so called failed marriage of TATA with FIAT is that my car has not yet given me trouble in 4 years and 11 months except for wiper blades. Imagine taking the car to TATA for repairs; thankfully the old TVS guys who faced a lot of brickbats previously have started a workshop 400meters from my place of residence. Compared to the TATA guys these oldies from TVS are heaven sent. Another factor is that they (TVS oldies) know that fail safe repairs to the Palio customers is their bread butter and jam as they are no more the authorized service center.

The other more important reason is that all spares are available at Elegant Spares in Mamangalam, Ernakulam, Kerala.
If ever Elegant Spares stops keeping an inventory of spares for the GTX that very day my car would be up for sale which I may do anyway when the new OPTRA comes out.
You are lucky dude, you can have your car serviced anywhere.

Being under warranty I don't have a choice but to
Old 24th May 2008, 23:51   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
have been following this thread for sometime, but keeping quiet.
but its difficult to keep silent when one reads stuff like this.
FIAT finds it difficult to provide spares for its cars, but maruti still gets shot at.in a thread that has no relation to it. why?
Exactly my thoughts Ripper.

Anyways, there was a thread discussing how Fiat is out to improve its image. Well, as long as things like this happen, no Linea or Punto is going to help them.

Keep the faith eclectix. I am sure it will work out fine eventually. Appreciate your patience and demeanor.
Old 24th May 2008, 23:56   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Exactly my thoughts Ripper.

Anyways, there was a thread discussing how Fiat is out to improve its image. Well, as long as things like this happen, no Linea or Punto is going to help them.

Keep the faith eclectix. I am sure it will work out fine eventually. Appreciate your patience and demeanor.
Thanks Eddy.

When you clock in over 200000 KMS driving mostly in Bangalore Patience will be a part of you.
cheers:
Old 26th May 2008, 10:25   #105
BHPian

Update

Will be getting the spare car by evening.

ETA of the fuel pump is still a mystery
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks