Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:07   #31
BHPian

Congrats Raj on your Scorpio VLX.

After the recent price revision effective 23 May 2008, the On road prices have been revised upwardly by around Rs.19000/-.

Discounts quoted are Rs. 4K but I guess can be negotiated with some haggling with the dealer.

I am also considering this vehicle as a replacement to Verna CRDi due to larger family size and only consideration is its engine and price as compared to Safari VX and exploring possibilities to replace the driver seat at least with that of Safari. No luck so far as dealer is quite sceptical / too lazy due to good nos. they are getting to work on it.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

[quote=BMW77;850292]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ happywheels: the on-road price in mumbai is 11,68,800/-. initially they offered a discount of only 8000/- and some free accessories like carpet lamination and scuff plates. but we insisted that we dont want free accessories and instead give us a better discount. so they agreed on 10,000/-.

11.5+ lakhs vehiche don't come with SRS AirBags?
Atleast i couldn't locate one in the photos. Correct me if I am wrong.
no, you are not wrong! it comes only with ABS and not with airbags.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ sbelekar & lohithrao & shuvd: thanks a lot buddies.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
the sound quality is really bad with that stock HU, just connect & listen to any other HU (even a sony HU would sound much better than that stock HU) and you wont even look back at the stock one.
ok, then i'll definetely try. thanks dude.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrats on the new buy dude. Wasn't the graphics on the front portion o the car? All the MHawks i've seen have it in the front. This is the first time i'm seeing it in the rear.

Also, you can change the alloys on this. The sensor can be transplanted to the new alloys, don't know excatly how, but have seen it being done on several scorpios here.
on the mHawk, the graphics are on both sides, the right frontal area and the left rear area. btw, do you like them??
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Congrats Raj on your Scorpio VLX.

After the recent price revision effective 23 May 2008, the On road prices have been revised upwardly by around Rs.19000/-.

Discounts quoted are Rs. 4K but I guess can be negotiated with some haggling with the dealer.

I am also considering this vehicle as a replacement to Verna CRDi due to larger family size and only consideration is its engine and price as compared to Safari VX and exploring possibilities to replace the driver seat at least with that of Safari. No luck so far as dealer is quite sceptical / too lazy due to good nos. they are getting to work on it.
before going for the scorpio, i test drove the safari 2.2 also. but as i love to drive, so i decided to go for the scorpio. the safari's turbo lag and poor low speed response dint impress me. but if you are going to be chauffer driven, the safari is a better bet.
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Snazzy

The first chance you get please pull up along side a new Safari, make monkey faces at him, flare your nostrils at him and challenge him to a little....er...accelleration comparative test to the next light and let us know how you do.

[Please note that neither I nor this web site condone street racing or being unkind to little furry animals (except Sam Kapasi)]

Pretty snazzy. Please, please, please, for those of us whose prime interest is NOT your sound system....would you let us know what problems you encounter and what you think of the drive train, handling, headlights and...what's that noisy thing that makes it go?....oh yeah, the motor!
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:17   #38
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car.Do keep us updated with your ownership experience
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:56   #39
BHPian

Congratulations Raj. Mhawk is the sweetest Mahindra to drive. Pls. update us with your experience.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
The first chance you get please pull up along side a new Safari, make monkey faces at him, flare your nostrils at him and challenge him to a little....er...accelleration comparative test to the next light and let us know how you do.

[Please note that neither I nor this web site condone street racing or being unkind to little furry animals (except Sam Kapasi)]

Pretty snazzy. Please, please, please, for those of us whose prime interest is NOT your sound system....would you let us know what problems you encounter and what you think of the drive train, handling, headlights and...what's that noisy thing that makes it go?....oh yeah, the motor!

i really liked your post buddy !
ok, no problems encountered till now, its just 4 days old!
the engine, as i always say, is terrific. in this price segment, nothing comes close to it for the way it delivers power. and for all the elders, its very refined and silent.
i have not took it above 100 kmph (first 1000 kms), so i'll comment on the handling a bit later.
the headlights are superb, but ya, i am not quite impressed with the fog lights. its powerful but somehow doesnt show the road properly.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

@ needforspeed & mansidea: thanks a lot buddies.
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:00   #42
BHPian

congrats on new ride buddy!
i used to have a scorpio in my college and i just love the vehicle to drive
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
congrats on new ride buddy!
i used to have a scorpio in my college and i just love the vehicle to drive
thanks a lot buddy...
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

now, i wont call this a review, but here are some things i noticed in the first 300 kms with my car:

+ tyre pressure sensor is good, accurate with only a negligible error.
+ reverse sensors work well, shows even the direction of obstacle and detects even the corners of the bumper.
+ cruise control is working fine, no issues there.
+ engine is very very refined, its all go and no show! amazing acceleration with zero vibrations.
+ features like theatre style illumination & headlights which stay on for 30 seconds after you remote lock the car add to the "feel good" factor of the car.
+ the voice assist system reminds you of everything from low fuel to seat belt, door open, low brake fluid, handbrake engaged and what not!
+ the lights on the footpegs are nice and do help.
+ driver's window has auto up/down feature with anti-pinch which goes down automatically as it senses an obstacle. nice.
+ automatic headlights are working fine, but does get switched on if the car is parked in a shed even in daytime.

- there is some vibration from the gear lever in the 3rd gear. have to get it checked in its 1st service.
- there is a strange sound like "whoa" from the car. it is not sounding like a defect or rattle. its like the car is purposely making that noise as a reminder or caution, but we cant figure out what it is!
- the ride though good, should have been better.
- small shortcomings which i already knew like absence of cruise control indication and electric side view mirrors.
- automatic wipers work fine but does not stop as soon as the glass is dry. this is mentioned even in the manual as the sensor senses even little drops on the windshield.
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:01   #45
BHPian

Hi Raj,

the older scorpio had issues with the handling, braking and suspension setup. If you have driven the earlier version how does the mHawk compare in these with the older scorpios?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks