Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 22:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
850 kms review:

lastly though i am very impressed with my new car, my hand is itching to press the throttle real hard and to exploit the engine's full potential. wish i get the first service done soon. i wanna feel the power of that 120 horses...
Just go ahead and ripp it brother. It aint gonna fall apart. The first service is more of a psychological barrier than a technical one for modern engines. Happy ripping.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just go ahead and ripp it brother. It aint gonna fall apart. The first service is more of a psychological barrier than a technical one for modern engines. Happy ripping.

i agree brother, can be true. but then just waiting for 200 kms is no big deal, right? especially since the owner's manual recommends you to do so!
Old 13th June 2008, 11:56   #63
BHPian

Congrats, Raj! Your affection for your car shows up from your posts in another thread . Wishing you many miles of happy motoring on your Scorpio!!!
Can you please post the fuel average returned in-city and on the highway, when you make a check next time? With the rising fuel prices, this valuable parameter would surely benefit many of us here in this forum.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

yes, i do love my car a lot buddy. but that is valid even with my innova and safari. i agree, i do react to comments which i feel are very biased, but then everybody is entitled to his own opinions.
city: 9.5 kmpl
highway: 12.5 kmpl
i hope it improves after some running...
Old 13th June 2008, 14:58   #65
BHPian

That's right. I have nothing to say about it
The fuel consumption you've mentioned are respectable, and almost tally with the Safari 2.2's. That apart, I believe the mHawk delivers better average than the 2.6 CRDe engine, which again is an improvement by itself.
Cheers..
Old 13th June 2008, 16:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
That's right. I have nothing to say about it
The fuel consumption you've mentioned are respectable, and almost tally with the Safari 2.2's. That apart, I believe the mHawk delivers better average than the 2.6 CRDe engine, which again is an improvement by itself.
Cheers..
Not too sure... My Friend's 3.0 Dicor 4X4 gives him 12+ kmpl in city. The 2.2 is supposedly more fuel efficient. I am sure the figures would improve as kilometers pile on.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Not too sure... My Friend's 3.0 Dicor 4X4 gives him 12+ kmpl in city. The 2.2 is supposedly more fuel efficient. I am sure the figures would improve as kilometers pile on.
i owned a 3.0 Dicor, it gave me an average of 8.5 kmpl. my city traffic means just dense traffic snarls/jams with rarely any traffic movement, thats what i go through everyday!!!
Old 13th June 2008, 23:11   #68
BHPian

raj_5004, that's a wonderful white monster you've got your hands on! Congrats!!! Any plans on making your 'B' and 'C' pillars black? Borrowing a good idea never hurt anyone. I'm sure mansidea won't mind.
Old 14th June 2008, 09:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
i owned a 3.0 Dicor, it gave me an average of 8.5 kmpl. my city traffic means just dense traffic snarls/jams with rarely any traffic movement, thats what i go through everyday!!!
Congrats on that beautiful car. Looks like its time to let the horses loose.

Well! to say for the FE even if a car of that size shells out 10-11 kmpl in cities like Delhi or Mumbai its heavenely.

Enjoy ur ride bro!
Old 14th June 2008, 10:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
raj_5004, that's a wonderful white monster you've got your hands on! Congrats!!! Any plans on making your 'B' and 'C' pillars black? Borrowing a good idea never hurt anyone. I'm sure mansidea won't mind.
thanks KK....
i am definetely looking at various options to personalize my car. first would be a bull bar like the one shankar balan has, i loved it! next would be alloys but as i said, its a risky experiment, i may lose my TPMS, which i cant, at any cost! after a week or so, i will surely fit a pressure horn (roots) and a seat cover, though i dont prefer leather.

black pillars, sure it attracts a lot of attention. but i must find a good garage who will do it for me. i just love my hawk too much to let anybody experiment with it! also i am not interested in painting it black, that kind of adhesive tape will do. anybody has any details of who will do it for me in mumbai?
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:38   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
ATleast you should write to Mahindra and ask them to clarify about it....
I remember seeing it on a friends mHawk. The dials were red and sexy!
Old 22nd June 2008, 20:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

The Safari 2.2l gives apprx similar city FE but the highway FE is more apprx 14, which is even higher than the FE given by Innova on highways i.e 13 apprx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Quote:
yes, i do love my car a lot buddy. but that is valid even with my innova and safari. i agree, i do react to comments which i feel are very biased, but then everybody is entitled to his own opinions.
city: 9.5 kmpl
highway: 12.5 kmpl
i hope it improves after some running...
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
* in my 7 seater version, mahindra has pulled back the middle seats a bit behind resulting in more leg space in the middle seats.
Can you put up a snap of this please? I am also told that the entire bench slides - if so can you please put up a snap each at minimum and maximum extension.
Old 24th June 2008, 09:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

@ kb100: hey, the middle bench slides only in the 8 seater version because in the 7 seater, the side facing seats in the boot restrict the motion of the middle row. mine is a 7 seater and what i meant was in the 7 seater the middle bench is fixed but placed a bit behind compared to the 8 seater for more legroom.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ kb100: hey, the middle bench slides only in the 8 seater version because in the 7 seater, the side facing seats in the boot restrict the motion of the middle row. mine is a 7 seater and what i meant was in the 7 seater the middle bench is fixed but placed a bit behind compared to the 8 seater for more legroom.
Guess I visit to the showroom is now unavoidable!

Does look like I am going to get myself caught in another decision making imbroglio!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks