Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 09:41   #196
Senior - BHPian

problem of irritating noises solved.

i stripped down the entire car (means speakers, basstube, jack, rods, glovebox contents, CDs & all extras) & went on a drive on some really rough roads. suprisingly i found that the cabin was still super silent, just as when it was new! barring for the driver side door squeaking (even it has reduced considerably now!), there was no noise from anywhere!
all the while, it was my fault & i blamed my poor scorp!

then i re-arranged all the contents & fixed them properly in their respective places. the jack rod was removed from under the middle row seat (where it used to rattle) & is now placed in the boot under the matting just beneath the basstube. 90% problem is solved & i am smiling again! now if the mahindra technicians could do something about the driver door squeaking please....
Old 19th July 2009, 12:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

i stripped down the entire car (means speakers, basstube, jack, rods, glovebox contents, CDs & all extras) & went on a drive on some really rough roads. suprisingly i found that the cabin was still super silent, just as when it was new! barring for the driver side door squeaking (even it has reduced considerably now!), there was no noise from anywhere!

then i re-arranged all the contents & fixed them properly in their respective places. the jack rod was removed from under the middle row seat (where it used to rattle) & is now placed in the boot under the matting just beneath the basstube. 90% problem is solved & i am smiling again! now if the mahindra technicians could do something about the driver door squeaking please....
yeah Raj sometimes before checking out ourselves we start blaming the company for their product, good you rectified this as we do tend to keep stuffs just like that and few days on some crazy sound irritates us.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

then i re-arranged all the contents & fixed them properly in their respective places. the jack rod was removed from under the middle row seat (where it used to rattle)
See, I told you.

Glad that things are back to desired levels, the door squeking would also be solved.

That tells me I should also do something like this on my car as that rattles like crazy on potholes.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 20th July 2009 at 12:16.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:12   #199
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that Raj, the door squeaking can also be taken care by the A.S.S. when you visit next.

The only thing I hear in my Scorp is a "thud" third row seat when ever i pass over a speed braker. I have folded it & may need to tignten it further.

Sometimes we do tend to over react and blame the vehicle. (I had my foot in my mouth when I complained to M&M when the ABS engaged for the first time & I thought the brakes were falling apart )
Quote:

Last edited by m_upreti : 20th July 2009 at 17:15.
Old 20th July 2009, 19:47   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yeah Raj sometimes before checking out ourselves we start blaming the company for their product, good you rectified this as we do tend to keep stuffs just like that and few days on some crazy sound irritates us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
See, I told you.

Glad that things are back to desired levels, the door squeking would also be solved.

That tells me I should also do something like this on my car as that rattles like crazy on potholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Good to hear that Raj, the door squeaking can also be taken care by the A.S.S. when you visit next.

The only thing I hear in my Scorp is a "thud" third row seat when ever i pass over a speed braker. I have folded it & may need to tignten it further.

Sometimes we do tend to over react and blame the vehicle.
yes, i agree with you all.
also, i really hope the squeaking issue is solved by the A.S.S, but i am reluctant to visit the A.S.S just for this minor issue. lets see...
Old 26th July 2009, 22:28   #201
Senior - BHPian

Running update!

It was raining time in mumbai. mumbai is known for its water logging every season. things are much better now but not entirely trouble free. heavy rains this year too saw many water logged roads & traffic jams. add to that terrible surfaced roads & moster potholes. the scorpio took everything in its stride. where teeny weeny sedans used to line up in the right lane to avoid the water logged roads, the scorpio used to laugh its way through the left lane. this is especially is dadar, parel & sion (mumbai's low lying areas, my daily route). initially i was a bit nervous as this car has a lot of electronic gadgetry running beneath the bonnet (anupji, i know what you are thinking!). but i am just too impatient to stand in a long queue!!! anyways, nothing has failed till now, touch wood.

the feature i love in my VLX is the automatic wipers. its a blessing in this season. contrary to what i have read elsewhere, its running perfectly fine in my car. yes, sometimes when its running at a slow speed & its suddenly starts raining heavily, you need to manually switch to a faster speed. but apart from that, it starts/stops & increases/decreases speed automatically. its a very thoughful feature by mahindra.

another feature i admire is the tyre pressure sensors. True, it is not allowing me to change my standard alloys (which i badly want to) but it also saves me time & money. i dont need to manually check the air pressure at every bunk. whenever, i have needed to fill some air, i have noticed that the error is just minor (+/- 1 psi).

whenever i open my scorpio with the remote, i get greeted by the lights in the footpegs & the "welcome to YOUR scorpio" message by the Voice Assist. many may find it irritating but i just love it. talking about the Voice assist, it sadly does not 'talk' when the boot door is open. it reminds you only about the front 4 doors, strange!

the suspenion have been taking quite some abuse & beating because of infinite potholes on mumbai roads & me being lazy to swerve or slow down. have to get them checked in the next service.

Complain time!!!

after some 'swimming' in the water logged streets as mentioned before, the hooter for the remote locking has lost its voice! now there is no alarm when remote locking & unlocking. its good in a way!!!

i am so used to the instant acceleration of Mr. hawk that early morning drive is really irritating, especially in this cold weather. on cold morning starts, even after the 1 min idling procedure, the engine takes about 10-15 mins to come to its real senses. for that 15 minutes, the engine just groans & is very slow to respond. once warmed up, its a BEAST (i hope that name is not copyrighted! ). super acceleration & good driveability equals great fun.

the hawk drinks a litre for every 9-10 kms in city with 100% AC. thats fine considering my driving habits & traffic situations i face. but who doesnt wish more?

taking of the AC, its nice & chills. but the innova's AC is much better. i would have wished the throw of air in the scorpio to be as good as the innova.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 26th July 2009 at 22:31.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:25   #202
Senior - BHPian

nice review Raj of the way the beast is handling itself in the mumbai rains. If the hooter for alarm is not sounding have you checked by opening the doors with the key ? Is it getting activated then ? For if not, then please get it checked ASAP for it is supposed to make some noise when someone plays with the car. (security)
Old 27th July 2009, 19:41   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
nice review Raj of the way the beast is handling itself in the mumbai rains. If the hooter for alarm is not sounding have you checked by opening the doors with the key ? Is it getting activated then ? For if not, then please get it checked ASAP for it is supposed to make some noise when someone plays with the car. (security)
thanks buddy. you know, mahindra has a special 'feature' for the hooter. its called Auto repair!!! Even in the previous monsoon, after some wading in the water logged streets, the hooter refused to emit the warning sound. it was fine after a week or so. i expect the same to happen even now! if it doesnt, i will show it to the A.S.S.

remember this phrase when it comes to the mahindra A.S.S.- "if it aint broke, dont fix it" !!! if you do, they will experiment on the hooter with their scientific minds & then probably the hooter will never speak again!
Old 27th July 2009, 20:55   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
remember this phrase when it comes to the mahindra A.S.S.- "if it aint broke, dont fix it" !!! if you do, they will experiment on the hooter with their scientific minds & then probably the hooter will never speak again!
I've been crying myself blue in the face saying this!
I'm glad you now feel the same way!
Old 27th July 2009, 23:10   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj nice review of 26/07/09 liked it and also agree that the Scorpio is a breeze as far as monsoon driving in incessant weather is concerned.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:14   #206
Senior - BHPian

today my car went to the A.S.S:

list of problems:
1) ABS malfunction light blinked once.
2) fog light adjustment
3) throw of air from front AC vents was less, though cooling was adequate
4) handbrake adjustment.

result:
1) checked the whole assembly & sensors, did some tightening & passed everything as fine! lets see the outcome.
2) fog light adjustment done.
3) AC throw is good now.
4) handbrake adjustment done.

car reached A.S.S by 9.30 am, trial run started by 9.50 am, ended by 10.05 am, job card made by 10.20 am, car delivered by 5.30 pm.

apart from the above issues, some check up & tightening of the suspension bolts was done. overall, service was fine. will have to wait a few days to know the outcome of the ABS issue.

charges: NIL.

Quote:
the suspenion have been taking quite some abuse & beating because of infinite potholes on mumbai roads & me being lazy to swerve or slow down. have to get them checked in the next service.

Complain time!!!

after some 'swimming' in the water logged streets as mentioned before, the hooter for the remote locking has lost its voice! now there is no alarm when remote locking & unlocking. its good in a way!!!

taking of the AC, its nice & chills. but the innova's AC is much better. i would have wished the throw of air in the scorpio to be as good as the innova.
got the suspension checked, no problems till now.

as i mentioned, the 'auto-repair' feature shows its miracle again. the hooter is fine now!!!

got the AC checked, the throw of air is good now, though not as good as the innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Raj nice review of 26/07/09 liked it and also agree that the Scorpio is a breeze as far as monsoon driving in incessant weather is concerned.
thanks buddy.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:41   #207
Senior - BHPian

In byculla, i had to take a left turn from a signal. with my left signal blinking, i proceeded to take the turn when suddenly out of nowhere a cyclist jumped in between. i had to brake hard to save his skin (and mine too!) & within half a second i heard a loud thud. a glance in the RVM & i noticed another cyclist & a biker rear ended me as they couldnt stop in time. i feared the worst of my rear bumper as the bike's front mudguard was half broken.
luckily, the rear bumper is fine with just a minor scratch. will get it painted in some days.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-100820091000.jpg  

Old 11th August 2009, 10:30   #208
Senior - BHPian

gosh, thats bad. however looking at Mahindra, it looks it can take on such things easily without much of an issue.

Really tough build Mahindra.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:37   #209
NIP
Senior - BHPian

WHat scratches !? I can see only beauty spots
Old 11th August 2009, 12:01   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
WHat scratches !? I can see only beauty spots
i was about to say that.
Closed Thread