Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 10:33   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thats a nice small bill!

Ive just crossed 25K kms on my 2.6 Crde 2008 model. 22 months old now.

At the recent service with all the oils and so on being changed I had a nominal bill of 6800 odd/- including labour and taxes.
Old 11th February 2010, 10:36   #257
Senior - BHPian

@ shankar: is that nominal????

well, my scorpio's VLX badge was broken & i wanted to replace it since long. i was very much surprised because the last time i visited the A.S.S, they said its out of stock & they promised they would get it for me the next time. then i enquired outside at local shops & they said the badge comes in a set (MAHINDRA SCORPIO VLX) & costs Rs. 400! Just VLX was not available! but what was surprising was that the A.S.S (normally known to charge more than local shops) just replaced the VLX badge this time for Rs. 64!!!
Old 11th February 2010, 10:50   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@RAJ & other microhybrid owners: what are the implications on Turbo and on the compressor of this regular unscheduled abrupt shut down.
The owner's manual doesn't warn against this, but what I try to do is to generally keep the MicroHybrid switched off. When I can anticipate a red light/traffic stop coming up (it helps to be able to see over the roofs of other cars), I turn on the switch and coast to a stop on neutral. This lets the engine spin down to idling, and by the time it switches off, the turbo would have got a little time to cool down. Happens perhaps 2-3 times during my daily trip.

In any case I'm not too happy to repeatedly start-stop-start a heavy diesel like this - apart from the turbo, it unnecessarily loads up the starter motor and battery, strains the chassis and engine mounts, and (I feel) leads to more rattles from the body over a longer period.

I guess the long term effects will only be visible in cars that use the system frequently, after a few years. MicroHybrid is still a new thing, and I believe most drivers don't use it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Issues were:
1) a strange noise from the AC blower, something like a grinding noise...
1) the AC noise was because many leaves got sucked into the AC blower & that was making the noise. my car is parked under a tree which showers its blessings on my scorpio every morning. however, as a goodwill gesture, mahindra has replaced the blower free of charge & also without any labour charge. though it was advised to us that mahindra is not entitled to replace the blower under warranty under such circumstances.
1) AC filter clean: Rs. 60/-
2) Brake adjust: Rs. 380/- (i think this is on the higher side)
Total: Rs. 639/-
@ Raj: By AC filter, do you mean the particle filter that is located behind the glove box? If that's working, how did leaves get into the blower? Good they changed the blower unit - any improvement in air throw now?

And what exactly did they do to the brakes to charge Rs.380 as labour? Licked the discs and drums clean?

All in all, a sweet bill!
Old 11th February 2010, 11:18   #259
BANNED

your bill was nominal at Rs 639 - thats what I meant.

However, in my opinion, my bill of 6800 bucks with all oils being changed - gear oil, engine oil and differential oil too + the normal full service including labour - this seems pretty reasonable to me. what say?

Quote:
@ shankar: is that nominal????

well, my scorpio's VLX badge was broken & i wanted to replace it since long. i was very much surprised because the last time i visited the A.S.S, they said its out of stock & they promised they would get it for me the next time. then i enquired outside at local shops & they said the badge comes in a set (MAHINDRA SCORPIO VLX) & costs Rs. 400! Just VLX was not available! but what was surprising was that the A.S.S (normally known to charge more than local shops) just replaced the VLX badge this time for Rs. 64!!!
Old 11th February 2010, 11:21   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
@ Raj: By AC filter, do you mean the particle filter that is located behind the glove box? If that's working, how did leaves get into the blower? Good they changed the blower unit - any improvement in air throw now?

And what exactly did they do to the brakes to charge Rs.380 as labour? Licked the discs and drums clean?

All in all, a sweet bill!
yes, the A.S.S terms the filter as AC filter. the A.S.S told me maybe the leaves (very small & dried ones) got sucked into the blower from the 'fender'. when my car is parked for more than 2-3 days, many such small leaves get inside the bonnet from the gap between the bonnet & fender. the filter has done its job to an extent as many leaves were found in it too!

Rs. 380- actually i am not sure as i just dint ask him the reason for this! maybe i was just too happy with the bill (i was expecting something like 2500-3000), so i just left after enquiring about the AC & door noise, which were my primary concerns.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th February 2010 at 11:24.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:23   #261
BANNED

the 'leaves getting into the AC blower area' is quite normal if you park your vehicle under trees etc.
it is useful if you can cover the vehicle with the normal car cover after parking.

Quote:
yes, the A.S.S terms the filter as AC filter. the A.S.S told me maybe the leaves (very small & dried ones) got sucked into the blower from the 'fender'. when my car is parked for more than 2-3 days, many such small leaves get inside the bonnet from the gap between the bonnet & fender. the filter has done its job to an extent as many leaves were found in it too!

Rs. 380- actually i am not sure as i just dint ask him the reason for this! maybe i was just too happy with the bill (i was expecting something like 2500-3000), so i just left after enquiring about the AC & door noise, which were my primary concerns.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th February 2010 at 11:26.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:25   #262
Senior - BHPian

@ shankar: oh, you mean all the oils were changed? sorry i just misread it as top up of oils & water. yes, thats a pretty decent bill then.

yes, i do need to cover the car but its just that i am a bit lazy to do that!
Old 11th February 2010, 11:39   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
your bill was nominal at Rs 639 - thats what I meant.

However, in my opinion, my bill of 6800 bucks with all oils being changed - gear oil, engine oil and differential oil too + the normal full service including labour - this seems pretty reasonable to me. what say?
Shankar, can you give us a break up? Plus, please tell us what brand of oil was used and how many litres.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:06   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
today my car went to the A.S.S:

list of problems:
1) ABS malfunction light blinked once.

result:
1) checked the whole assembly & sensors, did some tightening & passed everything as fine! lets see the outcome.
Quote:
Few other issues from my side:
1) ABS light blinks intermittently.

1) ABS light issue was traced to a loose connection, solved.
Quote:
i had to give my scorpio to the A.S.S to address the following issues:

2) ABS light still comes on, albeit rarely.

anyways, i will come to that later, first let me talk about the outcome:

2) they claim it was a faulty sensor, i wont be suprised if it re-arises.
hey guys, one more update-

the ABS sensor fault which i have reported soooooooo many times seems to be solved now. guess, it was indeed a faulty sensor which they have replaced. i have not seen the ABS light for quite some time now, not that i want to!
Old 13th February 2010, 20:17   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the 'leaves getting into the AC blower area' is quite normal if you park your vehicle under trees etc.
it is useful if you can cover the vehicle with the normal car cover after parking.
I thought one should be worried about leaves only if the ac is put on fresh air mode;in recirculation,this should not be a cause for concern.Right?
Old 13th February 2010, 20:22   #266
Senior - BHPian

my car's AC is always in re-circulation mode, its rarely i put it in fresh air mode (early morning drives) to allow some fresh air in the cabin.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:44   #267
BHPian

Fe?

Hi Raj,

please tell me the FE you are getting now.. on your scorpio...

thanks.
Old 26th April 2010, 22:18   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to read Raj that the ABS light is off. Brakes are really a worrisome factor much like a small infant which suffers from some indisposition but cannot speak out!
Old 27th April 2010, 14:52   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hi Raj,

please tell me the FE you are getting now.. on your scorpio...

thanks.
in dense mumbai traffic with 100% AC on, i get 9 kmpl.

out on the highways, again with 100% AC on, i get 12kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Good to read Raj that the ABS light is off. Brakes are really a worrisome factor much like a small infant which suffers from some indisposition but cannot speak out!
yes, now my scorpio is running trouble free, touch wood.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:49   #270
BANNED

Quote:
out on the highways, again with 100% AC on, i get 12kmpl.
What speeds do you follow on the highway Raj?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks