Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:23   #241
BHPian

I was not told anything about NOT using the micro hybrid till 1K Kms.

My Micro-Hybrid works. But it works intermittently. i.e. it will work sometimes and sometimes it wont. When it doesn't I switch off the engine, switch off Micro-hybrid and then switch-on micro-hybrid, switch-on engine and then it starts working again. I think there is some nasty algorithm attached to its working (complicated than what is mentioned in the manual).
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:33   #242
BHPian

Hi,

I have another question. I bought a new D. White Scorpio on 22-Jan-2010. This is my first diesel vehicle. My question is regarding the procedure of starting the car. Do you have to keep the clutch pedal depressed (even though the gear lever is in neutral position) while starting the car? or is it ok to start the vehicle without depressing the clutch pedal?

reason I ask this is because, when I went for a test drive, I tried to start the car, but it wouldn't (it would just fire up the engine for a fraction of a second and stop again. Its not the micro hybrid) unless you press the clutch pedal. hence the question.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:47   #243
Senior - BHPian

hi tanmay, its always a good practice to press the clutch (even if the gear is in neutral) before starting the car. it frees the starter motor of all the electrical loads & thus increases its life.
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:21   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
My car went for the 30,000 kms service a week back & total charges were Rs. 1500/-.

The single & persistent issue i had with the vehicle was the driver door squeaking noise. since this time it was the 5th time i was complaining (!!!) & also since i had sent a mail to the customer care regarding this issue, the SA personally came to check the issue & advised the technician to change all the bolts of the door with new ones.

that done, the noise disappeared but only for a week. the noise is back again & i am clueless now! it useless going back to global gallarie so i am thinking of going to some new A.S.S, anyone here knows which is a better mahindra A.S.S in mumbai?
What about the rattling door Raj? Could you go to another A.S.S. to get that job done to your satisfaction?
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:47   #245
Senior - BHPian

the rattling, infact squeaking noise is still present as it has not been shown to any A.S.S thereafter since i was out of town for half a month.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:02   #246
BHPian

by the way, even in my brand new scorpio (2010 edition), the co-driver seat squeaks. The thing is, if someone is sitting on it, then only it squeaks. But when its empty, it doesn't squeak.

btw Raj, I was wondering if a simple solution like greasing the nuts and bolts and joints would help?
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:08   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car went for the 30,000 kms service a week back & total charges were Rs. 1500/-.

The single & persistent issue i had with the vehicle was the driver door squeaking noise. since this time it was the 5th time i was complaining (!!!) & also since i had sent a mail to the customer care regarding this issue, the SA personally came to check the issue & advised the technician to change all the bolts of the door with new ones.

that done, the noise disappeared but only for a week. the noise is back again & i am clueless now! it useless going back to global gallarie so i am thinking of going to some new A.S.S, anyone here knows which is a better mahindra A.S.S in mumbai?

I understand HVK also goes to Global Galleries and is totally disgusted with their service. So you might be better off looking for another A.S.S
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:53   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the noise is back again & i am clueless now!
No point stressing yourself over a squeak, just buy a can of WD40 & spray on the offending area. Keep it in the car for repeated application.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:18   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay_ambre View Post
by the way, even in my brand new scorpio (2010 edition), the co-driver seat squeaks. The thing is, if someone is sitting on it, then only it squeaks. But when its empty, it doesn't squeak.

btw Raj, I was wondering if a simple solution like greasing the nuts and bolts and joints would help?
i have not tried that as of yet. i am disgusted that the A.S.S cannot solve such a simple issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I understand HVK also goes to Global Galleries and is totally disgusted with their service. So you might be better off looking for another A.S.S
yes, and i will be doing just that now, global gallarie is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
No point stressing yourself over a squeak, just buy a can of WD40 & spray on the offending area. Keep it in the car for repeated application.
i have tried that, but in vain! i have found another simple solution, turn the music volume up!
Old 7th February 2010, 11:20   #250
BHPian

Micro Hyrbid is now working in my car .

The only problem is that it swtiches of the AC and does a complete engine restart which means the audio system also restarts ....
Old 7th February 2010, 12:22   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Micro Hyrbid is now working in my car .

The only problem is that it swtiches of the AC and does a complete engine restart which means the audio system also restarts ....
@RAJ & other microhybrid owners: what are the implications on Turbo and on the compressor of this regular unscheduled abrupt shut down.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:02   #252
Senior - BHPian

@ milecruncher: mine is not the refresh scorpio & hence is not a micro hybrid!
Old 10th February 2010, 13:36   #253
Senior - BHPian

My scorpio had a unscheduled visit to the A.S.S. yesterday.

Issues were:
1) a strange noise from the AC blower, something like a grinding noise
2) squeaking noise from the front 2 doors
3) handbrake had become loose with use
4) rear "VLX" badge was broken

Result:

1) the AC noise was because many leaves got sucked into the AC blower & that was making the noise. my car is parked under a tree which showers its blessings on my scorpio every morning. however, as a goodwill gesture, mahindra has replaced the blower free of charge & also without any labour charge. though it was advised to us that mahindra is not entitled to replace the blower under warranty under such circumstances.

2) the door noise is solved as for now. but i am not sure when it will re-appear again.

3) the handbrake has been tightened & is fine now.

4) a new VLX badge was pasted.

Charges:

1) VLX badge: Rs. 64/-
2) WD 40: Rs. 72/- (@ suman: you had advised WD 40, here it is!!!)

Labour charges:

1) AC filter clean: Rs. 60/-
2) Brake adjust: Rs. 380/- (i think this is on the higher side)

Total: Rs. 639/-

The nice part is that they have stopped charging me for car wash & also cotton waste was not charged this time!

i am happy this time!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th February 2010 at 13:41.
Old 10th February 2010, 23:00   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj Now thats a bill which beats the inflationary trend. Even for my Activa I have once paid something above Rs 800/- but imagine a Scorpio emerging out of the A.S.S. with a Rs 639/- bill that has perhaps solved its four problems!
Old 11th February 2010, 10:18   #255
Senior - BHPian

Lol, very true anjan. the only saving grace with mahindra's poor A.S.S is its low cost of spares & service.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks