Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 11:33   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Well i can surely tell you that Maruti doesnt charge for Washing separately they charge Rs 700 as service charge for Esteem and SX4 during periodic service thats it. even when i take the car for some run repair they wash it free of cost and also set the doors etc.
maruti's A.S.S is much better than mahindra's, thats a well known fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Nice photographs Raj.Hope the Scorpio is running fine after the recent service, which did not much satisfy you.
i have never had problems with the running of the vehicle buddy. its just the A.S.S that bothers me. the scorpio is all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
After reading through this complete review & the reviews of tata safari 2.2, i feel that scorpio is very less problematic as compared to the safari.

But they cant match the Innova in this respect.No offence.
Looks i agree are better with both the safari and the scorpio.

With 20k on my innova's odo i havent even asked them to tighten a bolt.Everything is perfect.

I was thinking of going for an SUV but i am confused, and thinking if i should wait and extend my budget somehow and go for the endeavour.
i agree to both your points.
infact, toyota's reliability & A.S.S is the best in market today.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:26   #182
BHPian

Hi Guys, Need A Bit of Help !

My Scorpio went in for a 30K Kms. Service Today. There is no Oil Change as it was done on last service, and i maintain a 10k kms gap between oil changes, also suggested by the service advisor, opposed to the 15k changes advised by the Manual.

Apart from regular service, other problems reported are:
1. Doors and Seats Squeaks and Rattles.
2. Interior Roof Lights Not working at times.
3. Driver Side Door Lock Very Hard at times.
4. LHS Fog Lamp not working.
5. Clutch Slips Slightly, after 40-50Kms driving, especially in dense traffic and with A/C.
6. Turbo-Lag Bit prominent at times.

These are all minor jobs, and most of them will be done under service and warranty if need be.

About the Clutch Problem, S.A. says Mahindra claims clutch life to be 35-40k !! Now, this is new for me, as i have comfortably done 60-80k on my other cars, and IMO Scorpio's clutch is much more rugged than saloon's and small cars. So he suggests to keep driving till the time it gives up, as it is not covered under warranty(Extended in my case).

He is also insisting me to get the Fuel Pump serviced since the last service at 25k., which i politely refused. Reason: 1. Charges- Rs. 3000/- 2. No mention about this in the Service Manual. 3. Never Heard of fuel pumps being serviced just for maintenance. When i demanded details and need for this service, S.A. says it is a must Sir, as the Fuel Pump is a very costly part, and its repairs or replacement can cost as much as Rs.70-80k, and you must get it done. The fuel pump will be directly connected to a servicing machine, which will clean & optimise everything inside. I refused, as i was not convinced at all.

Further, he handed me a estimate of 4k, details:
1. Full Service Charges- Rs.1300/-
2. Injector Cleaner - Rs.600/- ( Refused, 600 for injector cleaning, rip-off, and is it needed at all? have been using liqui molly diesel additive at times. Rs.300- for a bottle, added to a tank full, instant result, with remarkable improvement in Pickup and Refinement)
3. Synthetic Lubricants - Rs.300/- (Refused, As per S.A., Sir these are imported synthetic lubricants, used on all nuts, bolts, locks and door hinges.)
4. Air Filter- Rs.450/- ( Will Be replaced if required)

Rest of the estimate, as per job.

Now, needed help from the experts. Am i right in refusing the above mentioned rip-off's. I strongly believe, that everything other than the scheduled maintenance and spare parts, these S.A.'s are being paid commissions to lure or scare customers to get all other craps done. i.e. fuel pump service, injector cleaning, etc.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 13th June 2009 at 14:38.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:54   #183
Senior - BHPian

wrong thread buddy. post the above in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...solutions.html

you will get faster & better response.
Old 13th June 2009, 15:06   #184
BHPian

Thanx Raj. Posted it there.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:04   #185
Senior - BHPian

i am so so so irritated...

i always like my car's cabin to be very silent & free of sqeaks & rattles. my non-CRDe scorpio has crossed 1.5 lakh+ kms & CRDe has crossed 1 lakh+ kms & i can vouch for their build quality. even today their cabin seems to be so tough & rattle free.

sadly, thats not the case with my mHawk. first its driver door started sqeaking. got it rectified twice at the A.S.S & it resurfaces everytime. now there is some noise from the boot too. i am not too sure whether its the boot door or something else in the boot. all these noises are only on rough surfaces & not at low speeds. still, i wish i could make the cabin super silent, the way it was when new.

my hawk has seen some minor additional fitments like the ICE. the door panels have been removed twice for this. could this be the reason?
Old 1st July 2009, 13:08   #186
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

Did you try some dampening on these doors? No, not the ICE damping stuff, but regular rubber mats (used for Yoga and the likes).

Do have a look at it.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

no i have not tried this.

how can damping the door reduce the sqeaking? i think the driver door is rubbing with the rubber beadings on the frame which is causing the sqeaking.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:24   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
my hawk has seen some minor additional fitments like the ICE. the door panels have been removed twice for this. could this be the reason?
I guess so Raj, this could be one of reasons, refitting the panels, may be something loose somewhere.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:29   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...how can damping the door reduce the sqeaking? ...
Guess I got squeaky eyed! Read the whole thing as "ratting"!!!

Squeaking might be due to two reasons I can think of:

- Lack of proper lubrication on the joints; this includes the locks and the internals used for the locks and window.

- the beading not properly housed.

Try lubricating any or all moving parts. Next, try to get the beading re-done.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:27   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I guess so Raj, this could be one of reasons, refitting the panels, may be something loose somewhere.
even i think so considering the fact that my older scorpios are free from such issues since they have not been subjected to any aftermarket fitments.

now i know why anup sir is so keen to keep his car as stock as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Guess I got squeaky eyed! Read the whole thing as "ratting"!!!

Squeaking might be due to two reasons I can think of:

- Lack of proper lubrication on the joints; this includes the locks and the internals used for the locks and window.

- the beading not properly housed.

Try lubricating any or all moving parts. Next, try to get the beading re-done.
i suspect the beading. it has been removed twice while pasting the vinyls for blackening the pillars.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:55   #191
Senior - BHPian

I've recently driven my managers scorpio-mhawk slx,has a good low end torque,Refinement of the eng. is also very good than the non crde one.
but litreally hate the grear shift(Looks like the handicapped).
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:02   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
even i think so considering the fact that my older scorpios are free from such issues since they have not been subjected to any aftermarket fitments.
now i know why anup sir is so keen to keep his car as stock as possible
This is exactly the same reason I still am wary of accessories. Including the seat covers (I know how much effort is to keep those beige seats looking new)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I've recently driven my managers scorpio-mhawk slx,has a good low end torque,Refinement of the eng. is also very good than the non crde one.
Gear shift is typical Mahindra, a legacy from the Jeep days, you learn to live with it.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:45   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
you mean VLX? SLX is CRDe & not mHawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

Gear shift is typical Mahindra, a legacy from the Jeep days, you learn to live with it.
it something you get used to very soon.
Old 3rd July 2009, 08:38   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you mean VLX? SLX is CRDe & not mHawk.
The whole range, LX, SLE and VLX now come with mHawk. Friend of mine took delivery of a SLE mHawk last week.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:54   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The whole range, LX, SLE and VLX now come with mHawk. Friend of mine took delivery of a SLE mHawk last week.
SLX is discontinued in the refresh version. So SLX was available only in CRDe version.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks