Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 12:16   #226
BHPian

Hi Raj, need some advice. Going to buy a scorpio soon. Planning to go for white SLE. My original choice was rocky beige. Own a black car and really tired of trying to keep it look clean. Despite the best of water works, the car still manages to look dirty almost immidietly afterwards. Hence the choice of rocky beige since i'm sure it wud've been far less easier to mantain. But since wifey's vetoed it completely, nothing much i can do.
Love the white colour. Only apprehensive about the maintainence part. Hows your experience been with white? How do you manage with the cleaning and scratch marks??
Old 12th September 2009, 15:29   #227
Senior - BHPian

hi buddy, white is surely troublesome to maintain. especially with mumbai's dusty & muddy roads, it will be a pain to clean.

but white colour in the scorpio looks the best when its sparkling clean.
Old 13th September 2009, 13:09   #228
Senior - BHPian

Good to know raj that you are completely happy with your Mhawk. Some scratches on your rear footstep are superficial(not at the bottom ones), will go away using a fine rubbing compund. For the rest (including Dzire ones) buy Com-paint and touch up using a fine brush after spraying it onto the inside of the cap or a small cup.

That will take care of your scratches.
Old 15th September 2009, 08:51   #229
Senior - BHPian

25,000 service + few issues

Yesterday, my Scorpio was given to Global Gallarie (Mahindra A.S.S) for its 25,000 service & a few other issues.

This service does not need anything to be replaced on cleaned, just general inspection.

Few other issues from my side:
1) ABS light blinks intermittently.
2) A 'thack' kind of sound from the rear suspension when driving over potholes.
3) Fuel leakage as Fuel return line popped out of its hose.

Some issues they found:
1) One Ski rack is a bit loose (it is the support for my cleaner while washing the top!).
2) One horn is not working (Roots-aftermarket).

Extras-
1) Interior Cleaning & polishing.

Car was sent to the A.S.S by 11 am & was returned by 7 pm.

1) ABS light issue was traced to a loose connection, solved.
2) The 'thack' sound was due to rear bush gone kaput, replaced under warranty.
3) Fuel line was replaced under warranty.
4) Ski rack & horn issue was solved with no charges!

Charges:

Parts covered under warranty:
1) ABS
2) Fuel line
Total - NIL.

Parts NOT covered under warranty:
1) Bush lower link - 4 pieces - 132x4 - Rs. 528
2) Bush lower link - 4 pieces - 128x4 -Rs. 512
3) Bush pan hard rod - 1 piece - Rs. 169
4) Bush pan hard rod - 1 piece - Rs. 171
5) Cotton waste - 1 - Rs. 8
Total - Rs. 1392/-

Labour charges:
1) Interior cleaning (Requested by me) - Rs. 1350
2) Rear Link Bush - Rs. 800
3) Torsion bar - Rs. 560
Total - Rs. 2710

25,000 service charge - NIL

Taxes on above items - Rs. 624

Grand total - Rs. 4727/-

Car was washed thoroughly & interior cleaning was good, the interior has a nice pleasing scent now! MOST IMPORTANTLY, Rs. 450 of exterior cleaning was not charged this time!
Overall, a good experience.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th September 2009 at 23:17. Reason: Renamed to 25k in title. No problems. Will keep renaming it until we get tired ;)
Old 12th November 2009, 22:24   #230
BHPian

Scorpio M Hawk Color options ???

I got my Scorpio Diamond white VLX delivered yesterday . There are not many choice of colors in a Scorpio today

Diamond white , complete black , Silver and black , Rocky beige , Brown & purple .

Leaving out Diamond White & Rocky Beige , all are dark colors .
Most of them while driving on a highway do not reflect and can't be judged properly . Silver & white are best options and are better colors and will be cooler compared to the dark color ( Lesser AC usage , better FE)

Keeping them clean is certainly a challenge in white . But White is the best color and is used in the Scorpio Ad - Nothing else will do .....
Old 19th November 2009, 22:50   #231
Senior - BHPian

i had to give my scorpio to the A.S.S to address the following issues:
1) right horn button on the steering wheel is not working.
2) ABS light still comes on, albeit rarely.
3) Ac blower is making a squeaking noise.
4) driver door is making a squeaking noise again.
5) have to enquire for new scorpio's rear badges. the 'X' in VLX is broken!
6) scorpio's left RVM has a concave mirror but right (driver side) RVM is plane mirror. i am planning to buy the left side concave mirror & fit it in the right RVM. its possible since the shape is same & i have done it in the scorpio M2Di in kerela.

today my car went to the A.S.S to rectify the above issues. overall i am an unsatisfied customer & that has reflected in the feedback form they gave.

anyways, i will come to that later, first let me talk about the outcome:
1) right button is suprisingly working fine now!
2) they claim it was a faulty sensor, i wont be suprised if it re-arises.
3) rectified but with lot of trouble, i will come to that later.
4) squeaking noise rectified.
5) they dint have the badges.
6) they say the mirror cannot be fitted! strange as i have done it in my scorpio M2Di in kerela!

now coming to the bad part, my car's job card was opened at 10.30 am & the service advisor told me that my car would be ready by 3 pm. i CLEARLY told him that i cant wait after 3 pm as i have to reach somewhere else by 4 pm. if that is the case, i was ready to take the delivery the next day. he said the car will be ready. i called by 2 pm & RECONFIRMED that my car will be ready by 3 pm. i reached the A.S.S & was delighted to see my car all washed and waiting at the parking lot. now the saga begins here...

as soon as i requested a check-up drive before clearing the bill, another guy came from somewhere & attached the OBD to my scorpio. soon i realized that the ABS issue has not been checked yet!

the guys started checking the ABS & said the car will be ready in 30 mins. i waited till 3.30 when the SA called me for the check-up drive. thats when he "claimed" that the ABS issue is resolved. yes, thats what he said even in the previous visit & the visit before that! then i turn ON the AC & realize that the AC blower is still squeaking! i asked the SA that what have they done till now & he seems understandably furious. in front of me, he asked the technician who worked on the car & the technician replied "when i switched on the AC, there was no sound"!!! you fool, if there is no sound, why would i bring my car to you??? pathetic answer! then he said replacing the AC blower would solve the issue which took another 20 mins. it was replaced under warranty.

also, while washing the car, they peeled off a bit of the black vinyl i had pasted on the pillars. when questioned, they said its because the sticker quality is bad! i dint argue but seriously thought that it was perfect before my scorpio entered the A.S.S.

luckily the door noise & alarm siren was rectified on time! finally, i left the showroom by 4 pm, way behind my schedule.

total bill amount was Rs. 540, all were labour charges.

mahindra, you have a long way to go.

EDIT: when i was waiting in the customer lounge, i was going through a mag- autocar india. they had stated the sales figures of mahindra bolero as 8000 units. now this figure is much much more than the xylo & scorpio. still i could spot only 5 boleros among 40-50 scorpios & around 20 xylos in the A.S.S.! now i think i know the reason why the bolero sells so much...

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th November 2009 at 23:09.
Old 19th November 2009, 23:06   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj thats a real problem you have with the A.S.S. Guess there may be a crowd of vehicles at the workshop which makes them callous.The bill was surprising. I was expecting some Rs 5-10K, but Rs 540 is dirt cheap.But they have done nothing much there.Maybe they did not find time to suggest replacement of door hinges and so on to inflate bills. And did they not use cotton waste this time?
Old 20th November 2009, 15:44   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Raj thats a real problem you have with the A.S.S. Guess there may be a crowd of vehicles at the workshop which makes them callous.The bill was surprising. I was expecting some Rs 5-10K, but Rs 540 is dirt cheap.But they have done nothing much there.Maybe they did not find time to suggest replacement of door hinges and so on to inflate bills. And did they not use cotton waste this time?
ha ha, i was about to say that anjan, this time raj was not charged for cotton waste and washing.Sometimes over crowded dealer does some shabby work at services.
Old 20th November 2009, 23:55   #234
Senior - BHPian

yes, for a change they dint charge for cotton & washing! also, they dint charge for labour for replacing the AC blower, maybe as goodwill!
Old 21st November 2009, 08:27   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Raj:

I think in most big cities Mahindra has separated the dealership for it's Scorpio/Logan/Xylo showrooms and it's agri/utility products including the Bolero. That maybe why you didn't see many bolero's in the service center. That and the fact that there is only as much you can do to a tractor powertrain :-).
Old 9th December 2009, 11:52   #236
passionate1977

Hello RAJ,

I have a black mhawk lx September 2009 & have done around 6000 Kms.
I would request for your advice/sharing your experience regarding a peculiar engine sound I observed.
Let me describe briefly: Open the bonnet, start & accelerate till 3-4K rmp and release accelerator.when regaining the idle rpm, a peculiar sound - khat-khat is observed as if something loose is obstructing - it is clearly audible at around 1500 rpm.
I raised the issue during the first service at 5400 Km and was informed that the same is perfectly normal & present in all Mhawks.
The noise is not audible inside the car.

Old 9th December 2009, 20:00   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionate1977 View Post
Hello RAJ,

I have a black mhawk lx September 2009 & have done around 6000 Kms.
I would request for your advice/sharing your experience regarding a peculiar engine sound I observed.
Let me describe briefly: Open the bonnet, start & accelerate till 3-4K rmp and release accelerator.when regaining the idle rpm, a peculiar sound - khat-khat is observed as if something loose is obstructing - it is clearly audible at around 1500 rpm.
I raised the issue during the first service at 5400 Km and was informed that the same is perfectly normal & present in all Mhawks.
The noise is not audible inside the car.
hi mate, the 'khat khat' sound that you mentioned is not present in my car. so it is certainly NOT present in all mHawks as per the A.S.S, do check it.
Old 1st January 2010, 06:02   #238
Senior - BHPian

Hi, even I tried the simulation, the sound is not there in my MHawk too

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi mate, the 'khat khat' sound that you mentioned is not present in my car. so it is certainly NOT present in all mHawks as per the A.S.S, do check it.
Old 1st January 2010, 09:50   #239
Senior - BHPian

30,000 kms service

My car went for the 30,000 kms service a week back & total charges were Rs. 1500/-.

The single & persistent issue i had with the vehicle was the driver door squeaking noise. since this time it was the 5th time i was complaining (!!!) & also since i had sent a mail to the customer care regarding this issue, the SA personally came to check the issue & advised the technician to change all the bolts of the door with new ones.

that done, the noise disappeared but only for a week. the noise is back again & i am clueless now! it useless going back to global gallarie so i am thinking of going to some new A.S.S, anyone here knows which is a better mahindra A.S.S in mumbai?
Old 27th January 2010, 13:33   #240
BHPian

the Sirish Auto team from where i actually bought my Scorpio M Hawk VLX actually asked me not to use Micro Hybrid till 1K Kms or first service .

This feature is still not working in my Scorpio M Hawk . ( From date of the car delivery - Nov -11 till date ) Has any one been advised on the same when using the M Hawk in initial days ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks