Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 15:16   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
They charged for WD 40 as well. First time i am seeing that being billed for.
Exactly... beggars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This is daylight robbery! In comparison, Tata free services go upto 60K kms. But service cost is only around 750rs labor, the AC charge seems bogus. If some part is defective, the consumables gone due to that defect should also be free.

Same logic should apply to AC gas too. If your gas leaks due to coil replacement under warranty, gas should also be covered under warranty. I suggest you write to Mahindra customer care and raise a stink

As for paid service, Tata paid service with oil change and washing comes to 750 labor + charge for oil, which at 7.5 lits comes to 3200 approx.
So 4000 is not too bad, slightly higher. But as per AC service, you have been taken for a royal ride
In our santro, due to a manufacturing defect the AC gas leaked. They changed some components, and filled gas for free too.
free services till 60,000 kms? how is that possible? only 3 free services are offered right? the labour charge of mahindra (Rs. 600) seems to be okay then.

thats what even i thought, if the coil is defective, why should i pay for the consumables?

so 4000 is normal eh? bt tanveer, does tata charge for vehicle washing?

i did not raise an issue or argue with them because i needed the vehicle back urgently. i had initially planned that while taking the delivery of the vehicle, i will confront them about this issue. but i was so happy with the outcome (as mentioned in above post) that i let this matter go! 1 more thing which impressed me was the service guys did the PDI well before delivering the car to me. the left side fender indicator of my car was not working & i had forgot to mention this in the complaints. anyways, its a simply DIY job. but during delivery, these guys mentioned that they have replaced the defective bulb & have not charged for it.

@ pramods: yes buddy, i will get the steering wheel aligned to my satisfaction ASAP.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th May 2009 at 15:24.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:34   #167
Senior - BHPian

This is robbery & beggary combined into a nice package.

Never heard of washing charges in my 5 yrs of ownership of Wagon R.
The servicing charges were always minimal, the A.S.S. replaced the wheel nuts and indicator bulbs free of cost a couple of times without me mentioning / asking for them.

If this is happening with Mahindra then..its too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Exactly... beggars!
free services till 60,000 kms? how is that possible? only 3 free services are offered right? the labour charge of mahindra (Rs. 600) seems to be okay then.
thats what even i thought, if the coil is defective, why should i pay for the consumables?
i did not raise an issue or argue with them because i needed the vehicle back urgently. i had initially planned that while taking the delivery of the vehicle, i will confront them about this issue. but i was so happy with the outcome (as mentioned in above post) that i let this matter go! 1 more thing which impressed me was the service guys did the PDI well before delivering the car to me. the left side fender indicator of my car was not working & i had forgot to mention this in the complaints. anyways, its a simply DIY job. but during delivery, these guys mentioned that they have replaced the defective bulb & have not charged for it.

Last edited by m_upreti : 14th May 2009 at 16:36.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:56   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Raj:

Mahindra customer service is pretty good. I suggest you contact them and try to get some of these charges waived.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:03   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Exactly... beggars!

5 free services offered

Quote:
Warranty is supposed to mean full coverage. I think the A.S.S. put AC servicing to con you. If they had just said coil replacement, they would have had to put gas under warranty, but to make money, they come up with additional charge
Quote:
Service charge for safari paid service is 750rs, and it includes vehicle washing. Moreover everytime I have gone in for a warranty job on my car, they have washed the car free of cost. Its a guideline from the company I think.

Quote:
I suggest you take it up with Mahindra. Let the stick come from top.
Quote:
@ pramods: yes buddy, i will get the steering wheel aligned to my satisfaction ASAP.
I suggest you check camber yourself. Most of the times they just fix toe/caster etc., and don't bother about camber. Its simple. Tie a heavy key to a thread and then let it hang very close to tire such that it forms a diagnal across the wheel. If camber is out, you will immediately get to know. If its out, go to workshop and ask them to fix it for you. You have already paid for alignment, and should not have to pay again
Old 14th May 2009, 18:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is robbery & beggary combined into a nice package.

Never heard of washing charges in my 5 yrs of ownership of Wagon R.
The servicing charges were always minimal, the A.S.S. replaced the wheel nuts and indicator bulbs free of cost a couple of times without me mentioning / asking for them.

If this is happening with Mahindra then..its too bad.
even in my case, as i mentioned, the service has been good. but i have never heard of anybody including washing charges. if at all, they do include, are they not supposed to ask me before they wash my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Raj:

Mahindra customer service is pretty good. I suggest you contact them and try to get some of these charges waived.
buddy, i dont mind doing that, but my request for the remote lock manual given to them 10 months back is still pending! do you think i will get my paid money back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
5 free services offered
Thats excellent on Tata's behalf. I have to check my bro's safari's service manual too.

Quote:
Warranty is supposed to mean full coverage. I think the A.S.S. put AC servicing to con you. If they had just said coil replacement, they would have had to put gas under warranty, but to make money, they come up with additional charge
i think you are right.
now i am feeling . before taking some action, i will have to go through the entire terms & conditions mentioned in the warranty booklet.

Quote:
Service charge for safari paid service is 750rs, and it includes vehicle washing. Moreover everytime I have gone in for a warranty job on my car, they have washed the car free of cost. Its a guideline from the company I think.
by service charge, if you mean the labour charge only, (that is the bill amount minus taxes & prices of consumables like oil & filters), then mahindra's labour charge is Rs. 600 as you can see. if you add vehicle washing cost, it goes upto Rs. 1050!

Quote:
I suggest you check camber yourself. Most of the times they just fix toe/caster etc., and don't bother about camber. Its simple. Tie a heavy key to a thread and then let it hang very close to tire such that it forms a diagnal across the wheel. If camber is out, you will immediately get to know. If its out, go to workshop and ask them to fix it for you. You have already paid for alignment, and should not have to pay again
hey, thanks for that important tip, i'll definetely do that.
Old 14th May 2009, 20:23   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Charging for the WD 40 and cotton waste is fine. They should also charge washing allowance for the soiled clothes of the mechanics who did the job.Also labour charges for changing the fuel filter viz. Rs 300=00 is ridiculous! the fuel filter costs Rs 1445=00 and changing its costs that much. So for Rs 1.8K one can have a new fuel filter!
Old 16th May 2009, 13:50   #172
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj, just put a mail to customer care & you will get the manual. I got it the same way, it arrived in a week. I think Getsurya also got his manual the same way.

Quote:
buddy, i dont mind doing that, but my request for the remote lock manual given to them 10 months back is still pending! do you think i will get my paid money back?
Old 16th May 2009, 14:02   #173
BHPian

[quote=raj_5004;1247059]

5) meanwhile, i opted for mahindra's 'MIRACLE TREATMENT'. Its basically an underbody treatment, an anti-rust coating. for the coating to be applied, they had to clean the car's underbody first & then apply the coating, but obvious! so now the wheels, wheel wells, shocks, etc. look spanking new!
MIRACLE TREATMENT = Rs. 3500/-

Hey Raj,

What actually is this Miracle treatment? If its just a underbody antirust coating, than i guess 3500 is a rip-off ! I got mine done at a Fucot Showroom (same as used by M&M dealer here), and that costed me 500 with 5yr warranty.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:16   #174
BHPian

And What exactly is this cotton waste?

The charges for the Paid service here in Delhi is Rs.1300 ! So are they charging differently in other states ?
Old 16th May 2009, 17:45   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Hey Raj,

What actually is this Miracle treatment? If its just a underbody antirust coating, than i guess 3500 is a rip-off ! I got mine done at a Fucot Showroom (same as used by M&M dealer here), and that costed me 500 with 5yr warranty.
yes, its just an underbody treatment, no idea about any warranty too! the A.S.S. will always be costlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
And What exactly is this cotton waste?

The charges for the Paid service here in Delhi is Rs.1300 ! So are they charging differently in other states ?
cotton waste- for the mechanics to clean hands & to clean the parts of the car during service!

Rs. 1300 is excluding consumables right? so that means it is cheaper in here.

After the delivery of my car, when i went through the service manual, i noticed that mahindra recommends you change the differential oil too at 20,000 kms. but it was not done in my car. so i called up the same service advisor the next day & he informed me that now mahindra uses 'synchroniser oil' for the differential & gearbox. this implies that the differntial oil will be changed only after every 40,000 kms.

today i went to the A.S.S for correcting the steering wheel tilt. they did it quickly in 5 minutes to my satisfaction. also, the good thing was, there was a minor scratch on my front bumper & rear bumper & a bigger scratch on the left rear cladding. they painted the entire left cladding for Rs. 1300 & painted the scratched portion of the front & rear bumper for free. they did a good job, i am satisfied.

EDIT: also, i checked with some friends of mine. they say if the AC gas leaks out due to defective coil, most of the A.S.S will replace the coil but will still charge for the gas filling. so i am still unsure whether to write to the mahindra helpline. also, many A.S.S do charge for car washing. maruti charges Rs. 100 whereas honda charges Rs. 250 is what i heard. bhpians, any comments?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 16th May 2009 at 18:00.
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

adding some pics of my scorp:

Old 3rd June 2009, 22:35   #177
BHPian

@Raj

Well i can surely tell you that Maruti doesnt charge for Washing separately they charge Rs 700 as service charge for Esteem and SX4 during periodic service thats it. even when i take the car for some run repair they wash it free of cost and also set the doors etc.
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:37   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice photographs Raj.Hope the Scorpio is running fine after the recent service, which did not much satisfy you.
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:46   #179
BHPian

After reading through this complete review & the reviews of tata safari 2.2, i feel that scorpio is very less problematic as compared to the safari.

But they cant match the Innova in this respect.No offence.
Looks i agree are better with both the safari and the scorpio.

With 20k on my innova's odo i havent even asked them to tighten a bolt.Everything is perfect.

I was thinking of going for an SUV but i am confused, and thinking if i should wait and extend my budget somehow and go for the endeavour.
Old 4th June 2009, 10:26   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I was thinking of going for an SUV but i am confused, and thinking if i should wait and extend my budget somehow and go for the endeavour.
Or may be wait for 2 more months for Fortuner to launch.

You will have deadly combination - Toyota + SUV (meaner than Endeavour)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks