Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 12:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I suppose you are right. Verna Diesel has not increased prices.

But I did hear that Prices in general were going up by 19k on Verna DIesel ( This has nothing to do with Tax ). I also got a call from another dealer who said it was 100% confirmed. Haven't checked since then.
Old 14th June 2008, 14:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Yes, I suppose you are right. Verna Diesel has not increased prices.

But I did hear that Prices in general were going up by 19k on Verna DIesel ( This has nothing to do with Tax ). I also got a call from another dealer who said it was 100% confirmed. Haven't checked since then.
Hi vkochar,

Price hike is only for the petrol version of the Verna not the diesle, just checked it in todays Times of India newspaper.

Regarding the ICE, JVC AX-800 Head Unit with 7 inch motorised touch screen is really good. nice choice.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 14th June 2008, 18:18   #48
BHPian

And in bombay i paid 8.5 vgt model on road ( f** nearly 1 lac more ) varun do go for the JVC unit its amazing, well the one i put years a go was not touch screen , but its plays dvd very well. it even has a mmc card slot, i have put 1gb card of music in it, like plug and play. u can see the unit in my gallery. well i have also painted the panels silver , it lights up the interior. happy motoring
Old 14th June 2008, 20:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

@ Jeetu - How much for this unit ? Is it with b/w or grey ? I saw it in your gallery. Looks awesome man !! Does it play DVD's ? I suppose yes. What speakers alongwith it ?
Old 14th June 2008, 21:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Vkochar,

Congrats on your new ride. Since you have mentioned that you are in the leather businees, could you please tell me where in NCR would I get decent leather upholstery for my car, I know about Stanley. is there any good value for money source in NCR where I can go for leather seats, door pads, steering cover and gear knob. it would be gret if you could give the approx price for the same as well.
Old 14th June 2008, 21:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats buddy.!
Nice choice of colour ,verna looks best in white.
Drive safe.
Old 14th June 2008, 21:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride Vkochar!! Looks awesome except for the steering wheel cover! But since you yourself are in the leather business, you dont need to be told much i guess..

Enjoy your car and do post some updates on the ride quality and suspension once you get some free time!!
Old 15th June 2008, 19:29   #53
BHPian

hey varun, thanx, got the unit for 26k in 2006, now u will get jvc unit with touch screen for 26 k, and it has mmc card slot , which is great, yes it plays DVD really well. well i put kickers behind and ultimate in front. i brought it grey market
Old 15th June 2008, 19:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jeetu - 26k is a good price for such a HU. I heard there was another one by JVC - KW AVX11 wityh a small 2.5'' screen for DVD playbacks. How much would that be ? Any Idea ?

How much would 4 good speakers cost ?
Old 15th June 2008, 20:21   #55
BHPian

No idea about the AVX 11 model but will find out for u. well kickers speakers cost around 5 to 6 k and front ones were for around 2 to 3 k dont remmber the exat price.
Old 16th June 2008, 16:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Varun,

Wonder how I missed this thread? Congratulations mate. White Rocket is nice - if you need an alternative name, Safed Tashan it should be.

Drive safe and enjoy the beast.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gautam - Safed Tashan - Hmmm . Not bad.

( Singing - White White Verna dekhe, Dil wo beating fast , sasra Drift mare re , Oh very .... )
Old 16th June 2008, 18:01   #58
BHPian

Congrats

Congratulations! I am a bit late in wishing you I believe. Discussions about alloys, tyres, ICE have already begun.

Enjoy your White Rocket Rocketman.
Old 17th June 2008, 08:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Ok - My car completed 850 Kms yesterday. I have been unable to drive the car in the city as my Accent is doing the daily duties nowadays. Verna is in the cover most of the time. It's raining like crazy and I hate to see the white beauty getting drenched and soiled in our lovely Agra Mud So I avoid City driving nowadays.

However could not control myself last night and went with the family on a 30km spin around town.

Here are my Observations -

Plus Points of Verna Till Now -

Rear Seats are Awesome and family keeps comparing with the Accent, there is at least a 20 % Improvement in Rear Space over the Accent !!

AC is so effective, its like crazy. What AC is this Hyundai ??? It's Antarctica in this weather. I am not kidding guys !!

Mileage is super - The Fuel Gauge refuses to move. I am getting more than 16 kpl till now with 100 % AC on and mixed driving. This is when the first service is not done. Using Normal Diesel. Swift Diesel - You Hear this ?? Lol

Power is Awesome, Pick up is crazy !!

Steering is very very good and very easy to operate.

Dead Pedal for Clutch helps. All Hyundai's have this.

Brakes are super, without ABS also !! Trust me, I am not joking.

Good GC. Much better than the Fiesta and the Accent. Boot space is very good.

Minus Points of the Verna -

Stock tires are inadequate, need to have 1 upsize to 185 at least. It's not that bad, but fatter rubber will give the car more grip and more confidence to the driver.

Fog Lamps are useless really, Hardly any LIght, Headlights are very good though. Can I change the Foglamps bulbs ?? How much if I want White ones ??

Too cold AC Some might take this as a Minus Point.

I think that's it, too many plusses over minuses. Let me think of more and I will put them here.

Car is about to go for first free service at 1100 - 1200 kms. Will give a detailed review then. Hope this helps.

Last edited by vkochar : 17th June 2008 at 08:46.
Old 17th June 2008, 15:08   #60
BHPian

Hi Vkochar,

I'am also facing the similar problem on my car with the Fog Lights, When i left my car for its 1st free service with Odometer showing 1490, I asked them if they could adjust the fog lights for which the service advisor told me that nothing can be done as its a fixed unit. however, he said he can try to align the reflector but that has not helped at all. I'am also thinking to replace the bulbs with Philips Crystal Vision 55W ones.

Regards,
Sajan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks