Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 15:12   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Stock tires are inadequate, need to have 1 upsize to 185 at least. It's not that bad, but fatter rubber will give the car more grip and more confidence to the driver.
Hi Vkochar,

Nice writeup. I would suggest 195/60R14 Bridgestone for your white Rocket if not you can even try out yokohoma also.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 17th June 2008, 16:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I'am also thinking to replace the bulbs with Philips Crystal Vision 55W ones.
Thanks Sajan, How much do these cost ? I assume they are only bulbs, everything else about the Fog Light remains the same, Na ?

Quote:
I would suggest 195/60R14 Bridgestone for your white Rocket if not you can even try out yokohoma also.
I am running stock for at least 10k km's, Will change to Michelins probably after that 185 or 195, FE matters baba, That is why I bought the Verna in the first place !!!
Old 20th June 2008, 06:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Drove the car for another 50 kms or so yesterday.

Since I tanked up a few days ago, I have done 330 kms or so, and the needle still shows half !!! This FE rocks !!! I did a rough calculation and this means over 17 kpl !!! NOTE - 2nd time I filled up with Premium Desel ( Turbo I think ). Does this make a difference ? I was told it does not.

I do not know if this increases after first service, remains the same or falls.

Overall I am extremely happy with the car and I am glad I made this decision. I had thought earlier that since the main reason I am going for a Diesel Sedan, I need to buy one which has the best FE. Everyone said - Fiesta. I loved that car but somehow, I felt there was not much power in that car. So I took the Verna.

There is also another very good thing with the Verna, The GC is amazing. On the Fiesta, every bump used to be a ' Thud '. But on this car I have been through some really nasty potholes and no Problem till now.

There is also a Minus Point with the car There is so much of Pick up, that it is tough to drive in the city, I hardly go up from the 3rd Gear, the moment I press the accelerator remove foot from clutch - it just zooms - which is a problem in smaller cities.

Will keep updating this space and more pics coming up.

Last edited by vkochar : 20th June 2008 at 06:35.
Old 20th June 2008, 08:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Varun,

I used to use only regular diesel for my Octy D. Had used premium fuels but did not feel any significant change.

Also Skoda specified normal diesel.

And for the head lights - I would strongly suggest 90/100 bulbs instead of White Vision or Blue Vision or whatever.
Old 20th June 2008, 10:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And for the head lights - I would strongly suggest 90/100 bulbs instead of White Vision or Blue Vision or whatever.
Gautam, Thanks for the tip on Diesel.

I am OK with the Headlights. It is the Fog Light bulbs that seem non existent. Suggest a change please.

The ones on Corrolla are too good. Driving only on Fog Lights is enough. They are as strong as some headlights !! Suggest me something like that.

It does get quite foggy in Winters here. So I need those to work good, and not for show !!
Old 20th June 2008, 11:37   #66
BHPian

Hi Varun! Congrats on your rocket!

Sorry I'm a little late in posting but have been following your thread since the beginning. It's great to see that you also chose white. I'm glad a lot of people are buying white out of choice. I think it looks great in that colour.

By the way isn't the ground clearance same as that of the accent(or the fiesta for that matter)? I just checked the hyundai website and for accent it is 172 mm and for verna it is 170mm.
Old 20th June 2008, 18:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Varun!

Quote:
Dead Pedal for Clutch helps. All Hyundai's have this.
Nope the i10 doesn't!!

Quote:
There is also a Minus Point with the car There is so much of Pick up, that it is tough to drive in the city, I hardly go up from the 3rd Gear, the moment I press the accelerator remove foot from clutch - it just zooms - which is a problem in smaller cities.
Yup, it's a pain in teh backside to drive it around town. Too eager to run into the back of the car in front!
Old 20th June 2008, 18:39   #68
BHPian

Congrats on the white rocket, the ac's in hyundai's are amazing in peak delhi summers i need to switch off my accent's ac. You are absolutely correct abt the fog ligts being non existant i need to get these changed in my white accent too, any one know whaty bulb goes in there ?
Old 20th June 2008, 20:47   #69
BHPian

Congrats vkochar for the safed hathi. Hope you are enjoying the every bit of the power rush.
I have bought Neel Varuna (Blue Verna) VGT base model without ABS.
Its already done 1500KM and is ready to go in for the 1st service tomorrow.
I have not gone for any modifications w.r.t. alloys, tyre etc because of budget constraints and plan to do it at a later stage.
I have maintained the rpm within 2500, only twice it touched 3000 unknowingly .
As per the sales executive's suggestion, I am going in for normal diesel only.
The tank full method has given me 14.2 and 13.5 KMPL in peak Bangalore traffic with 60% AC. Most of the times I had to keep the vehicle in idling and in 1st gear only, such was the traffic condition.
Hope the Bangalore traffic improves by what Narayan Murthy quoting that Pune might take over Bangalore's IT position

Thanks & Regards,
Girish
Old 20th June 2008, 22:16   #70
BHPian

Many congratulations Mr.Varun for the new car & more so as you seem to be very happy with the decision!
BTW, can you provide a break-up of Rs.7.60 lacs OTR.
The dealer at NOIDA ( Nimbus Hyundai) refuses to give any discount beyond 10k.

Last edited by breezydrive : 20th June 2008 at 22:21.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:29   #71
BHPian

Congratulations Varun on your White Rocket cheers:, Looks pretty good in white.
The 850 km review was good, Waiting for the update on ICE and stock tyres.
Old 21st June 2008, 08:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post

By the way isn't the ground clearance same as that of the accent(or the fiesta for that matter)? I just checked the hyundai website and for accent it is 172 mm and for verna it is 170mm.
That is surprising. I thought Verna had a lot more than Accent !! Hmmm.. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
I have not gone for any modifications w.r.t. alloys, tyre etc because of budget constraints and plan to do it at a later stage.

As per the sales executive's suggestion, I am going in for normal diesel only.

The tank full method has given me 14.2 and 13.5 KMPL in peak Bangalore traffic with 60% AC. Most of the times I had to keep the vehicle in idling and in 1st gear only, such was the traffic condition.
Girish, I also have budget constraints so no Mods for me now, In Fact ICE comes only after a month !!

Normal Diesel is good, 2nd tme I got Premium, let me see what difference,

That is not a bad FE for Bangalore where Traffic is so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Many congratulations Mr.Varun for the new car & more so as you seem to be very happy with the decision!
BTW, can you provide a break-up of Rs.7.60 lacs OTR.
The dealer at NOIDA ( Nimbus Hyundai) refuses to give any discount beyond 10k.
Ex - 7.54 ( Increased by 10k I think when I last checked the website )
Ins - 22,000
Reg - 15,000 ( Here is where I saved 25k as Gurgaon Registeration!! )

Discounts - 20k Dealer + 10k Loyalty = 30k

OTR Price = 7.54 + 22k + 15k - 30k = 7.61 Lacs. Another 2 - 3 k off I think.

I paid 7.59 Exact.

Please check again on the Dealer Discount thing. It is 20k for sure. If you want I can check for you. Let me know
Old 21st June 2008, 09:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

@vkochar even i was thinking on similar lines with respect to the GC.

The normal diesel will put less strain on the fuel pump, the higher density of the premium fuel affect the life of the fuel pump in the long run and mayeb affect reliability in the long run ,especially if at some point you intend to throw in the Petes tuning box !

About the mileage part , vkochar and girish the mileage in ths car is very sensitive to driving styles and for another user ram_hyundai he improved his mileage by about 4kmpl on his car by modfiying his driving style. I for one get about 17-19 kmpl in bangalore city but if my dad drive it drops down to about 12- 14 kmpl he is pretty late with respect to the gear shifts.

I cant blame anyone being heavy on the accelerator , the vehicle begs to be treated to higher rpms and the torque is just addictive, so usally i have seen driving styles of drivers getting modified due to the sheer power available at his call. eg:- my driver he drives very sedately in the alto but becomes a cropper if he drove my pete'd verna, ( so i dont let him drive me verna i drive her myself )!
Old 21st June 2008, 09:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vkochar,

I'am also facing the similar problem on my car with the Fog Lights, When i left my car for its 1st free service with Odometer showing 1490, I asked them if they could adjust the fog lights for which the service advisor told me that nothing can be done as its a fixed unit. however, he said he can try to align the reflector but that has not helped at all. I'am also thinking to replace the bulbs with Philips Crystal Vision 55W ones.

Regards,
Sajan.

Sajan and vkochar they are NOT fog lamps even if they are sold so , they are essentially day running lamps. I think even the HMIL website list this feature wrongly , but the OEM bulbs in these lamps are philips bulbs which are made for day running lamps.

But you can always upgrade the bulbs to a higher rating to make them serve the purpose of finding your way through fog. The advantage is that the positioning of these lamps are very suited as fog lamps need to be positioned as low as logically possible for best visibility in foggy conditions

The basic purpose of these OEM lamps are to let others see that you are coming than to let you see where you are going in their OEM configuration ...

Last edited by hellstar : 21st June 2008 at 09:38.
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:58   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Sajan and vkochar they are NOT fog lamps even if they are sold so , they are essentially day running lamps. I think even the HMIL website list this feature wrongly , but the OEM bulbs in these lamps are philips bulbs which are made for day running lamps.

But you can always upgrade the bulbs to a higher rating to make them serve the purpose of finding your way through fog. The advantage is that the positioning of these lamps are very suited as fog lamps need to be positioned as low as logically possible for best visibility in foggy conditions

The basic purpose of these OEM lamps are to let others see that you are coming than to let you see where you are going in their OEM configuration ...
Hey Hellstar,

Thanks for the information, can you suggest a better bulb for the fog lights. which bulbs are you running your verna on.

Regards,
Sajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks