Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 17:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I took the Verna for another 30 - 40 kms spin today. I am nearing the 1000 km mark and I should be getting the first service done.

I am going to Delhi on the meet this Saturday ( Hopefully !! ) and also have some work so I was thinking of getting the first service done from Delhi itself.

How is HMP Mathura Road ? I have work in Faridabad during the day so I do not want to go to Gurgaon all the way.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
How is HMP Mathura Road ? I have work in Faridabad during the day so I do not want to go to Gurgaon all the way.
Very very good, highly recommended amongst all dealers in North India. But they have long, long waiting queues for service appointments, sometimes stretching up to 1.5 months! Want some help with that??
Old 25th June 2008, 00:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Hellstar,

Thanks for the information, can you suggest a better bulb for the fog lights. which bulbs are you running your verna on.

Regards,
Sajan

Sajan an extreme measure would be to use HIDs for the "fog lamps" would give you the extra vision that you will need with out overloading the vehicles battery. The HIDs would take only about 35w of power when running and they would also run cooler .

I have been running 130W/110W Philips rallye bulbs till now and about 1. 5 years down the line and after about 42k KMS i feel that the immense heat is taking its toll on the plastic headlights.

So i am looking out for project lamp set up for an HID upgrade, but that would take a lot of vitamin M. I am trying to source 55W HID race class bulbs(Normal HIDs are 35 W) projector lamps otherwise , it would be sheer injustice to other road users.

When running a high beam my current setup draws thats about 260 watts of power, upgrading to HID would bring that load down to about 110W striaght away not to mention the advantage of the lights running cooler.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

1500 Kms Done - First Service Done

Just back from Delhi last night ( Also attended the Meet ).

I got the car serviced from Superon Hyundai ( 1st free service ) at 1200 km's. Nothing much to say here. I had no complaints so they washed the car and did a few tweaks and that's about it. Got the car back in 2 hours.

I filled up the tank the third time, last calucalted, FE was nearly 17kpl. This is with AC on all the time and Mixed driving.

I have yet to install ICE in it. It shoud be done by the end of this month as I am out of the country for a few days.
Old 7th August 2008, 17:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

It's been over a month I have not updated this review of mine. Was out of the country ( UK ) for 2 weeks and then was really busy with work. Car has done about 2000 kms now.

Overall FE still over 16 - 17 kpl with 100 % AC on and half city driving and half Highway driving. Now that is really good.

I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a Diesel Sedan. This car is so comfortable to drive and easily cruises around 150 kph without any strain on the engine.

I touched 180 kph that day !!! Road was totally empty - NH2 Agra - Delhi highway near Kosi. I just did not have the courage to cross that speed, But I am sure it would have done another 10 - 15 kph with ease. Top Speed is 220. And this is with Stock Tyres and no ABS !! Braking is really good.

Also the car is very silent. I can say this as I have not installed any ICE in it till date. And doing 150 without any music, all you listen is the engine and tyre noise. NVH is superb.

Will keep updating this thread more often now. Cheers !!!
Old 8th August 2008, 09:45   #81
BHPian

i shouldnt be saying this but i will.
my ABS verna is now non - ABS for time being .
some short in the ABS circuit ..hehe. going to get it sorted this next week.
but now the drive is super , the braking is intense thanks to all round disks, but the fun quotient is so much better i drift the car like anything, zoom to 120kmph and break hard!!, steer to the right the car drifts to the left..haha. steer left the car drifts to the right. I did this while being engaged in a stupid street race[poor skoda].
this is irresponsible driving, but what to do the fun factor is too good. but yes at times its scary there is tire screeching sound every now and then when i brake hard.
and yes coming to the car as itself.
i got a staggering 24kmpl when i rode the car at 60-80kmph[5th gear. it stalls at60kmph, but a slight tab on the acc ped and yuh will be back to 70-80kmph] from cochin to cbe ..yippe.
i never knew it would be possible given that the ac was at full blast, i like it to be chilled..lol.
so yeah be easy on the acc ped you will have very good feul effeciency.

Last edited by sameel : 8th August 2008 at 09:47.
Old 8th August 2008, 10:08   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
i got a staggering 24kmpl when i rode the car at 60-80kmph[5th gear. it stalls at60kmph, but a slight tab on the acc ped and yuh will be back to 70-80kmph] from cochin to cbe ..yippe.
Oh dude now you are talking my kind of numbers ....

I regularly get FE over 23kmpl when i drive long distances and in city i get an enviable 17-19 kmpl depending on traffic condition with 50% AC
Old 17th September 2008, 11:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

3500 Kms Completed !!

Sorry friends, Have not really had the time to update this thread as I have been so busy with work.

Been driving the Verna everyday now and I use it all the time. Why Not ?? Isn't that why you buy a Diesel in the first place ?

I have been driving nearly 40 - 50 kms everday for the last 3 weeks or so. The car never ceases to please me. Usually you get bored of driving the same car everyday and I have had a fair number of Car Changes in my life.

But somehow the Verna always puts a smile on my face while driving it. The power is damn good, and give this car an empty stretch and see it Rocket ahead.

The FE is also very very good. In a city like Agra where the Traffic is HELL !! I sometimes do not take the car over 3rd gear and brake all the time. Its been giving me an average of 14 kpl ( All City Driving with 100 % AC on ) and this is very very bad traffic. Not bad at all IMHO !!

Coming to the GC, the rains have really messed up the roads this season, and I find my Verna going over some really huge Potholes, The GC is impresive and I have been fortunate enough not to scrape the underbody even once this entire season ( Touche' wood !! )

I am dying to take the car on a long road trip, it's not going to be before Diwali I assume as those are the only holidays I have next. Will take the Verna from Agra - Delhi - Amritsar, have been wanting to do this trip for so long. I think I gotta do it this time. It will be half the price of Shatabdi ( 3 people ) + the excellent GT Karnal Road and ahead.

Another thing I wanted to share with you is, It has been 3 months since I bought the car and would you believe this - I have no ICE in it till now !! And I do not get bored driving the car. Will get ICE done soon. I have an ALPINE / JVC AX 44 in mind along with 4 good speakers.

Alloys will come later, Right now I am running stock tires without Wheel caps !!

Will keep updating this.

One Querry - My 2nd service is not due till another 3 months. Should I wait till then to get my car checked - Engine Oil, Coolant etc. Might sound like a stupid question - But I am owning a Diesel for the first time.

Cheers !!

Last edited by vkochar : 17th September 2008 at 11:02.
Old 17th September 2008, 16:42   #84
Team-BHP Support

Get the oil and filter changed at 5000 km. That should be enough before the second service, which I assume is at 10k ?
Old 17th September 2008, 17:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Only 3500kms till date??
Old 17th September 2008, 20:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Eddy - Yeah, at 10k.

Prajesh - Haan bhai !! I got 3 cars remember and Agra City is a small place. The Max you can drive in a day covering the entire town is around 40 - 50 km going and coming.

If I average out the total number of days with the distance I have travelled it comes to around 40 kms every day since I brought the car !! That's good enough for me.

How much has your Getz done ?
Old 17th September 2008, 21:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Varun Bhai , seems like you enjoying the rocket. Also looks like more of city driving. If it was mor eof highway i would have popped the usual quest. do you miss ABS? You still havent installed ICE?? Itna busy hai to karcha bhi kar le.
Old 18th September 2008, 08:20   #88
BANNED

Vkochar, you seem to be having real fun driving the car and that pays. It's an excellent car among its class but with sedate looks.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:59   #89
Senior - BHPian

Updated to 15000 Kms - Verna 3rd free Service

MODs - Please move this thread to the ' Long term Ownerships ' & also Please rename it to - '' EDIT - 15000 kms & 3rd free Service completed '' Thanks !!

Ok guys - I have not updated this thread for quite some time now. Sorry.

Anyways I completed 15000 kms a few weeks back and I got my 3rd service done today morning from Agra at 15212 kms.

Here is the breakup of what I paid for my 3rd free service -

ENGINE OIL - 5 LTRS @ 191.11 / LT = 955.55.
FILTER CARTRIDGE - 1331.00 ( FUEL FILTER ) SEE PIC
FILTER - AIR CLEANER - 335.52
OIL FILTER - 302.45

TOTAL - 2935.12
VAT - 366.89

GRAND TOTAL - 3302.01

I had spoken to kpzen ( prajesh ) a few days back who owns a Getz CRDi and he adised me to get the Fuel Filter changed at this service.

When I went there to the service station, I was surprised when the guy told me that there is no need to get the Fuel Filter & Air Filter changed. They would just clean it for me.

I then asked him to check with someone else who then said that the fuel filter needs to be changed at 20000 kms according to them. I told them to change it anyways, also the FE of my car had dropped to 12 - 13 kpl with 100 % AC on which was 2-3 kms less than what some of my other friends were getting.

I have attached the photo of the Fuel Filter ( Old ) and the old Air Filter.

Surprisingly the fuel filter comes from AUSTRIA. See the " Made in Austria '' stamping.

I hope now my FE should improve.

I have a few Delhi trips to come over the next week and I would be doing 1200 kms or so. Will update this thread.

I also did get Wheel Alignment & Blancing done a few days back from a local MRF Tyre Dealer here in Agra. He charged me 250 rs for wheel alighnment & 50 rs per tyre for balancing with extra for weights ( 0.50 / gm ). Total came to about 450 Rs I think. There has been a good improvement in the ride now.

No problems in the Verna as of date and I have been really driving this car all over. The maximum beating it takes is in the evenings when we go out and stand at a Barbeque eating for 30 - 45 minutes with AC on most of the time. I guess this is also affecting the FE.

I also got free touch ups done, there were about 6 - 7 minor scratches and one really long one on the rear bumper. He did this for me free of cost. Always nice for these people to do these bits. Makes people go back and get the car seviced again.

Hope the above is helpful information to anyone looking forward to getting a 3rd service done.

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc04340.jpg
White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc04341.jpg
White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc04342.jpg
White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc04343.jpg
White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc04344.jpg

Last edited by vkochar : 28th May 2009 at 17:03.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:12   #90
BHPian

Good update Kochar Sahab! It was much needed!

I thought the service intervals were 1k, 10k and 20k... Any reason you got the third service at 15k?

They insisted on cleaning the filter for me too. A few pros had recommended changing the filter! But I guess Hyundai doesn't want that extra grub!

So, what all mods have you done to your white rocket man?

Now I think I should stop being a lazy bum and activate my ownership thread as well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks