re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -65,555 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Hey no problem friends - please carry on your conversation in this thread
Thank you Varun for your kind gesture

Quote:
Last Oil change & service in September at 40850 kms
Car is now at 54000 kms - TALK ABOUT A BRILLIANT CAR.
Wishing you many more happy (s)miles & trouble free service.

Quote:
Do not buy the verna transform as the new verna is just a few weeks away from an official launch as most Mags & shows on tv have already said mid may as the launch date. It is going to be a stonker of a car - even if it is a bit out of the budget go for the base variant as I hear it is also very well loaded.
Absolutely, I am waiting with bated breath for the launch & much more than that the TBHP review on the new Verna. My preference has always been to the top end variants. If it is not going to burn a far bigger hole in my pocket compared to the mid/base variant, then I will definitely opt for the top end.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 13:27   #122
Senior - BHPian

Verna Diesel is amazing.
I completed 119000kms.
The feel is the same that I had purchased 4yrs back.
Waiting for the upgraded version of Verna
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 15:22   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Verna Diesel is amazing.
I completed 119000kms.
The feel is the same that I had purchased 4yrs back.
Waiting for the upgraded version of Verna
Thank you gajadonga & congratulations on clocking more than 1 Lac kms on your Verna. Can you please share the link of your long term ownership thread so that I can go through it & get further info.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you gajadonga & congratulations on clocking more than 1 Lac kms on your Verna. Can you please share the link of your long term ownership thread so that I can go through it & get further info.

Sorry AutoIndian. I do not have a long term ownership thread.
I keep updating whenever I see a thread regarding Verna
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 11:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Sorry AutoIndian. I do not have a long term ownership thread.
I keep updating whenever I see a thread regarding Verna
Thanks once again & no issues even if you have not started your thread yet. If you could guide me to the threads or post here your maintenance costs till date that would be really great. Just want to get an idea, if the Verna is pocket friendly as far as its long term maintenance is concerned.
Old 29th April 2011, 13:28   #126
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE - 55,000 KM'S - Small Service Done

Just nearing the 55,000 km mark - 54767 to be precise. This morning was free and service center is just behind my house so thought would go there and get a few things done since the last time I got a service done was nearly 6 - 7 months back and almost 15000 km's back !!

So got the following done -

Engine Oil Change + Oil filter - 1700 Rupees
Air Filter - 400 Rupees
Gear Oil Change ( 2.5 Lt ) - 550 Rupees
Service - 700 Rupees
Throttle Body Cleaning - 95 Rupees

Total 3500 Rupees ( all costs approximate )

Got wheel alignment done free of cost and tipped the service mechanic 200 rupees.

Overall drove for about 2-3 km's and felt a worlds difference in pick up and acceleration. Even a basic service can make a huge difference in the cars running.

Getting my HU changed tomorrow - I have a Alpine CD MP3 HU that does not take in any USB or Aux in's and was fed up of writing CD's.

Ordered a JBL 333 that should arrive tomorrow. Will replace it and plonk in the Alpine in my accent as that one has a very old CD player that only runsFM now.

Will get a slight sunscreen film now as summers have scorching heat. Any suggestions for around 1000 rupees ? I do not want to spend a fortune.

Will keep updating this thread.

The verna is a beauty of a diesel sedan and I am very pleased with it
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 14:03   #127
Senior - BHPian

Re: UPDATE - 55,000 KM'S - Small Service Done

Quote:
Just nearing the 55,000 km mark - 54767 to be precise. This morning was free and service center is just behind my house so thought would go there and get a few things done since the last time I got a service done was nearly 6 - 7 months back and almost 15000 km's back !! Will keep updating this thread.
Thanks Varun for that update.

Quote:
Good to know that your Verna is rocking. The new Verna review is out on TBHP, hope you have gone through it. What is your initial impression about the new Verna. Should I bet my 1 million rupees on it?
Old 29th April 2011, 14:11   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Just nearing the 55,000 km mark...the last time I got a service done was nearly 6 - 7 months back and almost 15000 km's back !! So got the following done -

Engine Oil Change + Oil filter - 1700 Rupees
Air Filter - 400 Rupees
Gear Oil Change ( 2.5 Lt ) - 550 Rupees
Service - 700 Rupees
Throttle Body Cleaning - 95 Rupees

Will get a slight sunscreen film now as summers have scorching heat. Any suggestions for around 1000 rupees ? I do not want to spend a fortune.

Hi Varun, for sunfilm, you can go for Garware. It's ~800rs and is relatively good. Which engine oil did they use in this service. Looking at the price, I think it will be mineral oil so may I suggest you to not run the car beyond 10k km on it. It will ensure that your car is in the pink of health. Also, diesel engines do not have throttle body. Did they do anything else and billed you for TB cleaning or else it might be a rip-off.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 19:17   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Hi Varun, for sunfilm, you can go for Garware. It's ~800rs and is relatively good. Which engine oil did they use in this service. Looking at the price, I think it will be mineral oil so may I suggest you to not run the car beyond 10k km on it. It will ensure that your car is in the pink of health. Also, diesel engines do not have throttle body. Did they do anything else and billed you for TB cleaning or else it might be a rip-off.

Yes, Garware for 800 rupees sounds great - can you tell me what number / model ( any reference ). Also is this the legal one ( car keeps going to delhi every few weeks and cops are strict there - so cannot use jet black )

Brand was Servo out of a big drum - which is standard for all Hyundai centers as they buy in Bulk. I usually use Castrol CRB.

I am not a oil expert so have zero knowledge technical side. I just make sure it is changed around the 10k mark. Only this time the period went longer BUT car honestly did not give any problems.

I will keep sure I do not do more than 10k from now on as I have full intention of running this car till 1.25 lac km's minimum.

Anything else anyone suggests I do around the 55k mark ? Any other checks / fluid changes etc.

You all will be surprised BUT today the Gear Oil was changed for the first time at 55000 km's !!! The gear shift was butter smooth till today. And after the change it is so much better.

Throttle Body - maybe it is something else - will check on the bill and let you know. They are not a rip off - most people there are very nice and rip off is the last thing on their mind. So might be some sort of cleaning.

Got the JBL 333 - will be getting it installed tomorrow.

Will upload pics of the car's interior and exterior tomorrow to show you all how the car looks like after 55000 km's and almost 3 years later.

Last edited by vkochar : 29th April 2011 at 19:19.
Old 29th April 2011, 20:45   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Garware for 800 rupees sounds great - can you tell me what number / model ( any reference ). Also is this the legal one ( car keeps going to delhi every few weeks and cops are strict there - so cannot use jet black )
Yes, garware is legal. Go for the lighter shade which is legal as per MV act. Most installers know about that. I think that is with 70% visibility. They also give you a certificate that the film meets MV act norms and you can keep it in the car for the cops.

Since you are saying you are new to the engine oils etc, may I suggest you to use Mobil Delvac MX next time. It costs about 250/L. Take my word for it, use it once and after driving for 1000 km on this oil, update your experience. Is your car in warranty? I am not going into the technicals but if you want to, please refer this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...gine-oils.html

Last edited by amit1234singla : 29th April 2011 at 20:50.
Old 29th April 2011, 21:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Garware Natural Ash on sides and a neat curtain /screen at the back.
Don't put any film on the rear glass.

Quote:
Anything else anyone suggests I do around the 55k mark ? Any other checks / fluid changes etc.
1. Fuel filter replacement.
2. Coolant
3. Intercooler cleaning
4. AC gas check

Quote:
You all will be surprised BUT today the Gear Oil was changed for the first time at 55000 km's !!! The gear shift was butter smooth till today. And after the change it is so much better.
Stock gear oil is good for 80k kms.
Old 30th April 2011, 08:37   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Garware Natural Ash on sides and a neat curtain /screen at the back.
Don't put any film on the rear glass.

1. Fuel filter replacement.
2. Coolant
3. Intercooler cleaning
4. AC gas check

Stock gear oil is good for 80k kms.
Why nothing on the rear ? Is it illegal or will it affect visibility ? Anything on the front ? I have never had any film on any of my cars ever !

From the 4 things mentioned I have had 3 done recently except Intercooler Cleaning - How much should that be Prajesh ?

Ok - Gear Oil is changed now so no problem. Will keep in mind this for future. Thanks.
Old 30th April 2011, 11:54   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why nothing on the rear ? Is it illegal or will it affect visibility ? Anything on the front ? I have never had any film on any of my cars ever !
Cops catch you from front, if the rear and front glass has no film, they get a clear view. So, there's a rare chance they'll catch you.
This is just from my experience.

Quote:
From the 4 things mentioned I have had 3 done recently except Intercooler Cleaning - How much should that be Prajesh ?
Approx Rs 400
Quote:
Ok - Gear Oil is changed now so no problem. Will keep in mind this for future. Thanks.
The oil which you have got now is mineral grade, so get it changed at 30k interval.

Last edited by kpzen : 30th April 2011 at 11:55.
Old 30th April 2011, 11:55   #134
BHPian

Waiting for the pictures Vkochar and after yours will with your permission post mine-a white verna crdi 2007 dec with odo at 55600.
Old 30th April 2011, 14:01   #135
BHPian

@vkochar

Even if you delay general service, please do not delay engine oil changes so much. It will do no good for your vehicle in the long run especially since you plan to own it for more than 1 lakh km.

Try to stick to at most a 10000km oil change interval if not less than that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks