Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 19:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I thought the service intervals were 1k, 10k and 20k... Any reason you got the third service at 15k?

They insisted on cleaning the filter for me too. A few pros had recommended changing the filter! But I guess Hyundai doesn't want that extra grub!

So, what all mods have you done to your white rocket man?
Hey Mohak, Thanks Man !

Service intervals you have quoted are right. But 3rd service needs to be done in 12 months and I am only a week away before I complete 12 months. They do not mind a few weeks here or there but the car needed service badly. FE had dropped majorly.

No MODS - No HU, No Seat covers also. Absolutely nothing . Zilch, Nada. No time to do anything ! And I like it this way, simple.

ICE coming very soon but will be absolute basic. I am on the phone most of the time anyways.
Old 16th January 2010, 21:58   #92
Senior - BHPian

28000 Kms UPDATE - 4th Service - PAID SERVICE

Have been really driving the car quite a lot nowadays and have been frequenting Agra - Kanpur - Agra and Agra - Delhi - Agra runs so often every 10 days.

Car was due for service since quite a long time.

I was in Delhi day before and I took the car to my Favourite Service Center at vasant Vihar - Petrol Pump - Moolchand Motors who is also a Hyundai Authorised Service Center.

Here is what all was done -

Service Charge ( Including all Labour & Washing ) - 825 Rs
Engine Oil 5 Litres - 820 Rs
Coolant 2 Litres - 450 Rs
Some Filter - 350 Rs
Wheel Alignment, balancing and Tyre Rotation - 500 Rs
Battery Water Top up - 10 Rs

Total - 2955 Rupees

The additional job the guys did was they serviced all 4 brakes, removed rust, oiled and cleaned. This took 2 guys an extra hour and this was a part of the Service Charge.

Also the engine oil when drained was so black and bad that they put some old oil and then drained it out twice before putting in the new oil.

This service center is highly recommended by me personally for Hyundai cars as I think their service is excelent and very well priced compared to the Company Outlets where everything is priced quite a lot.

Last edited by vkochar : 16th January 2010 at 22:03.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

-What about the fuel filter?
-Which engine oil did they use?
Old 17th January 2010, 02:28   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

@vkochar:
Seems like you are enjoying her a lot.
Any updates about the FE?
Also did you finally get her ICE'd?
We need some new pics!
Old 17th January 2010, 12:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
-What about the fuel filter?
-Which engine oil did they use?
Fuel Filter is the expensive one right ? No they said another 10k km's should be fine. I am no expert BUT I guess they are probably right.
I told them I got it changed 12000 km's back on my last service.

Engine Oil - The guy bought a big 5 litre Servo Can which said Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil 40 - I said what the hell is this, is it not for SUV's ? And then another guy said this is the best. I hope it's ok.

The car shows a huge improvement now as I have driven 350 km's since the service. Also FE seems to have gone really up. Let me check when I top up again after a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@vkochar:
Seems like you are enjoying her a lot.
Any updates about the FE?
Also did you finally get her ICE'd?
We need some new pics!
FE is around 14 - 16 kpl depending on City / Highway Runs. A 30 Litre refill usually lasts for about 400 kms before I refill again in the city and if on the highway then it lasts for 450 km's. This is all spirited driving and not gentle gearshift change

No ICE !! I know I . Getting it now as my wife demands it now and the kid needs something on a 4 - 5 hour drive.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Filter Changed ! Update at 34000 Km's

The car drives like a breeze and I am using the Verna quite well and is being driven for 50 - 70 kms everyday with 100 % AC on.

Off late I noticed for the last 2 months the FE dropped to around 10 kpl with AC on all the time.

Also a few weeks back I noticed whenever I accelerated the car in 3rd gear there would be Black Smoke from the exhaust.

So I thought let's visit the service center this morning where they told me to get the Air Filter & Verna Fuel Filter Changed.

The Air Filter was in a bad state - totally black and very very dirty ( the main cause for the black smoke ) and Fuel Filter was changed last in May 2009 or 15000 kms back so was due for a change as well.

The cost was -

Air Filter - 378 Rupees
Fuel Filter - 1499 Rupees
Labour - 95 Rupees

Total - 1972 Rupees

The Fuel Filter of the Verna Diesel comes in 2 sorts - one is the more expensive one the one I got and the other one is for under 1000 rupees.

The difference between the 2 is that one connects to the sensor or ECu and the other does not. I am not a technician BUT that is what I could understand.

Also a note for Verna Users - If anyone needs to get the Fuel Filter changed ever please get it done from an Authorised Service Center only as it is a expert job and does involve 20 - 25 minutes of labour including opening quite a few things and connecting and disconnecting. Although nothing major but me as a leighman would like to get this sort of a thing done at a ASC.

I am told the FE would increase by as much as 3 - 4 kpl ! And also the black smoke should not emit again.

Will keep updating this thread

Last edited by vkochar : 14th May 2010 at 11:38.
Old 15th May 2010, 09:44   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
The Fuel Filter of the Verna Diesel comes in 2 sorts - one is the more expensive one the one I got and the other one is for under 1000 rupees.

The difference between the 2 is that one connects to the sensor or ECu and the other does not. I am not a technician BUT that is what I could understand.
Difference between the two is just the outer casing. Both of them are connected to a sensor for detecting water in diesel.

Quote:
Also a note for Verna Users - If anyone needs to get the Fuel Filter changed ever please get it done from an Authorised Service Center only as it is a expert job and does involve 20 - 25 minutes of labour including opening quite a few things and connecting and disconnecting.
Once u see the fuel filter replacing procedure in the Getz, u will say " Never change the Fuel filter "
Old 7th July 2010, 11:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

I might be making a road trip to Amritsar this weekend and just remembered that I have not gotten the oil changed since the last service in january.

However recently did get the Fuel Filter, Air Filter changed.

I am thinking of going to the service centre today / tommorrow to get the Oil Changed and Oil Filter.

Any recommendations of some good oil ? Hyundai uses their own Oil which come out of huge drums. Any particular one I can buy and get it changed myself ??
Old 7th July 2010, 11:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai uses Shell Helix.
For a change, you can put Mobil Delvac MX.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:27   #100
Senior - BHPian

SheMobil Delvac MX is available in Faridabad ?

How many Litres ? 5 right ?

Can I take the Oil myself and then tell them to put it.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:37   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-Mobil Delvac MX is available in Faridabad ?

-How many Litres ? 5 right ?

-Can I take the Oil myself and then tell them to put it.
- Yes, there's a mobil dealer in Faridabad
- 5.3 L
- Yes, you can, depends on your relation with the service engineer.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hyundai uses Shell Helix.
For a change, you can put Mobil Delvac MX.
I am also planing to change oil tomorrow in my car Verna. This will help me.

Thank you very much.
Old 11th July 2010, 10:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

To Delvac or not to Delvac?

Quote:
Can I take the Oil myself and then tell them to put it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I am also planing to change oil tomorrow in my car Verna. This will help me.
For both of your information, Mobil Delvac MX is available in 5 ltr and 7.5 ltr packs. For the first time, get a 7.5 ltr pack and fill up. Next time onwards you can buy a 5 ltr and take out the rest from the old pack. For more information on the product and what the bottle looks like, take a look at my Verna ownership thread.

As KPZen rightly said, it all depends on your relationship with the service engineer. My HASS was reluctant to put in MDMX at first. Then I showed them the grade (15w-40) which is what the manual recommends. Also, it is an API CI-4 grade oil, even better than CH-4 recommended for the Verna. Finally he agreed.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
For both of your information, Mobil Delvac MX is available in 5 ltr and 7.5 ltr packs. For the first time, get a 7.5 ltr pack and fill up. Next time onwards you can buy a 5 ltr and take out the rest from the old pack. For more information on the product and what the bottle looks like, take a look at my Verna ownership thread.
Buy a 5L pack + 1L pack & then use 200~300ml from the 1L pack for 3 times.

Wouldn't that be a better option ?

Consuming the extra 2.5 L would take would take 8 refills and 80k kms...

Cheers
Old 25th August 2010, 11:51   #105
Senior - BHPian

Should I get this changed ?? Please see pic below.

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-img00553201008241208.jpg

It's done 40k km's and now thinking of upsizing to 185 Yokohamas A Drive's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks