Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 14:19   #1
BHPian

3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk

3rd Sep-2008 I got the black VLX mHawk, I have been looking for 4x4 but ultimately went ahead with 4x2, its 6th Dec-2008 and my mHawk is going through its 2nd Servicing, I believe its lots of mileage for a vehicle, in these 3 months out of which 1 month I was out of country, so this is all done in just 2 months effectively, the last 15 days I have done 4K+ alone, of which 3K done from 19th Nov to 26th Nov.
I did visit lot of places, Jungles and went as far as Nawada and Devgarh via road

Good bits:
scorpio ask to be driven always and its on its own when you are munching miles and miles, on 19th I started the Journey at 6.15 PM in the evening and the engine was running continuously till 20th 3 PM, even though I took lot of break but I have to keep the engine running because either my wife or son or both were sleeping and AC was on. Scorpio is built tough to get all these in stride. The suspension is OK and its shows when you are on no road, I have to drive through villages and at one point there was no road and have to cross the river with water, scared intially but saw lots of balero and commander crossing the river with full load and I got the courage to cross myself too.
The ride is good when you are semi loaded, the suspension works better when you have at least 3-4 people in vehicle or else some load to compensate.

Bad bits:
I have captain seat model vlx, I hear noise from each and every seat, I am hearing some rattling form rear door too, this is gets worse, hoping this will be sorted out with this 2nd servicing, but I didn't expected this in 3 month.
There is considerable vibration from floor in idle condition[hoping this to be resolved after service] NVH value has increased a lot.
The clutch has become quite soft sure if anything major or just minor adjustment, will know in evening.

Performance:
I love the engine response, once you are above 1500 RPM the engine response is too good in all gears.

Fuel Economy:
Overall the fuel economy I got is in range of 11.8-12.3 , the worst I got was 9, this was when I has to drive in 2-3 gear on no roads for 20 kms, I expected this so this was not a surprise, I thought of getting more in range on 13+ but believe the right foot operation to be culprit, mostly driven in range of 110+ where ever got the opportunity like NH2.

Will update once I get the vehicle back from service and munch few miles more to see if everything is sorted some something it still to be diagnosed yet.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 6th December 2008 at 14:25.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:48   #2
BHPian

So, 40k a year usage! amazing! Disappointed to hear the seat squeaks/rear door rattle - i'm sure it'll get sorted out in your service. BTW, top speed you've taken her to?
Old 7th December 2008, 20:29   #3
BHPian

Rattling sounds are gone, but a new problem after servicing, they have completly messed the alligment now it goes to left when I keep the steering straight plus the steering on it's own never stay at center. Will take the vechile to wheel allignment specilized shop tomorrow.
Other issue seems to have died after servicing, this vecihle has allowed me to take all my leaves and utilized them to fullest. Now I am looking for more leaves and holidays to be on road :-)

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 7th December 2008 at 20:33.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Rattling sounds are gone, but a new problem after servicing, they have completly messed the alligment now it goes to left when I keep the steering straight plus the steering on it's own never stay at center. Will take the vechile to wheel allignment specilized shop tomorrow.
Other issue seems to have died after servicing, this vecihle has allowed me to take all my leaves and utilized them to fullest. Now I am looking for more leaves and holidays to be on road :-)

-Pramod
Good to see you happy and satisfied after 3 months ownership. Please post some pictures of your mHawk.

Cheers!!!
Old 9th December 2008, 22:56   #5
BHPian

Great going with the Scorpio. Good to hear about the minor issues being resolved after service, and that is some serious amount of mileage being covered!!
Awaiting pics.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:34   #6
SYJ
BHPian

waiting for some pics of the vehicle
Old 11th December 2008, 19:42   #7
BHPian

you mentioned a soft clutch in the 'bad bits'... isn't that good?? :/
Old 11th December 2008, 21:10   #8
BHPian

Why dont you post some pics?How are all the electrical gadgets working?
Old 15th December 2008, 12:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj3300 View Post
Why dont you post some pics?How are all the electrical gadgets working?
Pics are already in my travelogue threads, thats why I am not posting it in this thread.

-Pramod

I am attaching 2 of the Images
Attached Thumbnails
3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-scorpio.jpg  

3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-21sep2008018.jpg  

Old 15th December 2008, 16:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Pramods, your scorp looks awesome. Super ride.
Old 15th December 2008, 17:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

-Pramod
I dont see a specific reason why the alignment is screwed up after the second. Ideally you must take it back to the service station and have it fixed by them.
Old 16th December 2008, 09:52   #12
BHPian

I have already gone ahead and done the alignment from specialized shop and now everything looks and works fine, I am hoping to go on for some long ride and then see the result.

-Pramod
Old 25th December 2008, 15:55   #13
BHPian

Went for a long drive and have to go back to service center today, the clutch and gear combination was having problem and the "deadly" alignment problem with bobbling happening in speed range of 100-110, just now heard back from service center that they have changed some cylinder for gear and are doing wheel balancing and alignment.Hope this fixes all

-Pramod
Old 25th December 2008, 17:21   #14
BANNED

Nice account Pramod, how are the other electricals working - TPM's, Parking sensors, Cruise control, etc.?
More pics. would be welcome!
Old 25th December 2008, 17:40   #15
BHPian

No problem with electrical, Parking Sensor helps a lot in, cruise control is mostly useless, at least for me, I do try to check if its working or not, but practically can't use it on most of our road.
I am yet to get the vehicle back from servicing, last I heard is they changed the master cylinder for gear/clutch problem and are still working on..

Will update once I get the vehicle and run it for few 100 kms.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks