Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 17:49   #91
BHPian

Did cleaning Job on my Scorpio, got a small vacuum cleaner a wrong desicion anyway, should have gone for the bigget 1400 watt motor, nonetheless used that cleaner to max to clean all the original mat, floor and roof and now it looks like the NEW ONE!!, the best part of having captain seat is you can remove the back seat, move the middle seat and then remove the original carpet and can clean the floor!!!, to get the complete floor out the only point where you need to unscrew are the back door floor, but I didn't required to do that, all the area where reachable, only vacuum cleaner capacity and power was not enough, may need to get the bigger one.

The best part I was able to clean the roof and was able to remove few of the dark spots, now the newness is back, the vehicle is just 8 month Old.
I was not carrying camera else would have taken the picture after removal of back seat, and folded captain seat, the space left after this is like woow!

-Pramod
Anyone with similar experience?
Old 24th May 2009, 20:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is good to know. Haven't finalized on the Mhawk yet as I need 4WD since I need to access many building sites in the rains. Contacted a senior manager from Mahindra and he told me that it should be a available by june/july time frame. If there are further delays, I may need to go for Safari or one of the CKD imports.
i saw a mHawk 4WD under test in ARAI some 1.5 months back.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:36   #93
BHPian

Raj, that's a good news, but that still might be 3-4 month away from real launch ;-(
Old 25th May 2009, 19:59   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i saw a mHawk 4WD under test in ARAI some 1.5 months back.
This makes sense since I contacted him a month back and he told me that it is under testing and would be launched in the june/july timeframe.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:54   #95
BHPian

Finally, ready for a long drive, I am going to Leh, will be driving from Nagpur, the highlevel route is Nagpur-Gwalior-Delhi-Bilaspur-Manali-Leh-Srinagar-Jammu-Delhi-Nagpur. Starting on 30th May Saturday and back in Nagpur on 14th June Sunday. I have discussed few things with HVKumar, and he has shared soo many information and logs I am still struggling to digest all that, thanks Kumarji , I may trouble you some more once I see some problem somewhere.

any suggestions, advice for this journey most welcome . I would be travelling with my family[wife and son].

Thanks,
Pramod
Old 31st May 2009, 22:27   #96
BHPian

I am right now in Manali, initial plan was to reach Manali tomorrow but manage to do Nagpur - Manali in 2 days (no night driving) A very big thanks to HV Kumarji. Will proceed for Leh on 2nd, will update as and when I get opportunity and internet.

-Pramod
Old 31st May 2009, 22:58   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I am right now in Manali, initial plan was to reach Manali tomorrow but manage to do Nagpur - Manali in 2 days (no night driving) A very big thanks to HV Kumarji. Will proceed for Leh on 2nd, will update as and when I get opportunity and internet.

-Pramod
Quote:
Finally, ready for a long drive, I am going to Leh, will be driving from Nagpur, the highlevel route is Nagpur-Gwalior-Delhi-Bilaspur-Manali-Leh-Srinagar-Jammu-Delhi-Nagpur. Starting on 30th May Saturday and back in Nagpur on 14th June Sunday. I have discussed few things with HVKumar, and he has shared soo many information and logs I am still struggling to digest all that, thanks Kumarji , I may trouble you some more once I see some problem somewhere.

any suggestions, advice for this journey most welcome . I would be travelling with my family[wife and son].

Thanks,
Pramod
Wish you a very happy driving with the Scorpio. Expecting to hear lots and lots of stories with pictures from you about the experiences.
Old 7th June 2009, 19:59   #98
BHPian

Started my return journey right now in Sonamarg, got stuck at the Pass for 5 hours and it was snowing !
-Pramod
Old 7th June 2009, 20:02   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome dude, a couple of snaps would be *icing* on the cake (pun intended!)
Old 8th June 2009, 10:24   #100
BHPian

Stuck at Srinagar, curfew imposed in Srinagar I am back at Sonemarg, was able to negociate few barricade but at one of the barricade I have to return and ultimately have to again request them to let me return !!
If any one has any info please post here, the worst part id there is no news on TV and am completely in dark.
-Pramod
Old 8th June 2009, 12:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

I hope you can get updates on the news on your cell.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:10   #102
BHPian

Back to Nagpur, my MacBook gone kaput, lots and lots of Pictures gone ;-(, will try to see how much I can recapture from the video!!!

-Pramod
Old 13th June 2009, 08:51   #103
BHPian

going for 4th Servicing today at 20K kms, its been 5.5K kms run in 12days total, need all the nut bolts and joints in the vehicle to be checked plus, it need a very good wash and clean up. My scorpio currently looks like 3-4 years old, need to get it serviced.

Its just 8 month old, and now 20K, even though the last 10K took too long to come, but it was worth while, I believe mine was one of the few mHawk which has done Manali-Leh-Srinagar rote, how can I say this? because I have a very specific reason, the mHawk engine "malfunction" lights comes on at the heights, and its not just me, there was one more mhawk with same problem, and the error code for both where "P163b" and the error description was "Parmanent governer deviation in PCR. Positive governer deviation above limit" , the FIX is to clean all the air and vacuum intake system. The only thing that made the error go was changing the AIR FILTER, I changed the AIR FILTER at 17K, though recommended to change at 40K, anyway this error does not bring the vehicle to stop or limp mode, the power decrease is noticeable, but still can negotiate all the HILL and PASSES.
Will update later on this and other once I am done with my servicing.

-Pramod
Old 9th December 2009, 11:48   #104
passionate1977

Hello Pramod,

I have a black mhawk lx September 2009 & have done around 6000 Kms.
I would request for your advice/sharing your experience regarding a peculiar engine sound I observed.
Let me describe briefly: Open the bonnet, start & accelerate till 3-4K rmp and release accelerator.when regaining the idle rpm, a peculiar sound - khat-khat is observed as if something loose is obstructing - it is clearly audible at around 1500 rpm.
I raised the issue during the first service at 5400 Km and was informed that the same is perfectly normal & present in all Mhawks.
The noise is not audible inside the car.

what is your perception/experience?

Quote:
3rd Sep-2008 I got the black VLX mHawk, I have been looking for 4x4 but ultimately went ahead with 4x2, its 6th Dec-2008 and my mHawk is going through its 2nd Servicing, I believe its lots of mileage for a vehicle, in these 3 months out of which 1 month I was out of country, so this is all done in just 2 months effectively, the last 15 days I have done 4K+ alone, of which 3K done from 19th Nov to 26th Nov.
I did visit lot of places, Jungles and went as far as Nawada and Devgarh via road

Good bits:
scorpio ask to be driven always and its on its own when you are munching miles and miles, on 19th I started the Journey at 6.15 PM in the evening and the engine was running continuously till 20th 3 PM, even though I took lot of break but I have to keep the engine running because either my wife or son or both were sleeping and AC was on. Scorpio is built tough to get all these in stride. The suspension is OK and its shows when you are on no road, I have to drive through villages and at one point there was no road and have to cross the river with water, scared intially but saw lots of balero and commander crossing the river with full load and I got the courage to cross myself too.
The ride is good when you are semi loaded, the suspension works better when you have at least 3-4 people in vehicle or else some load to compensate.

Bad bits:
I have captain seat model vlx, I hear noise from each and every seat, I am hearing some rattling form rear door too, this is gets worse, hoping this will be sorted out with this 2nd servicing, but I didn't expected this in 3 month.
There is considerable vibration from floor in idle condition[hoping this to be resolved after service] NVH value has increased a lot.
The clutch has become quite soft sure if anything major or just minor adjustment, will know in evening.

Performance:
I love the engine response, once you are above 1500 RPM the engine response is too good in all gears.

Fuel Economy:
Overall the fuel economy I got is in range of 11.8-12.3 , the worst I got was 9, this was when I has to drive in 2-3 gear on no roads for 20 kms, I expected this so this was not a surprise, I thought of getting more in range on 13+ but believe the right foot operation to be culprit, mostly driven in range of 110+ where ever got the opportunity like NH2.

Will update once I get the vehicle back from service and munch few miles more to see if everything is sorted some something it still to be diagnosed yet.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks