Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 18:58   #241
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
BTW all i inferred is that there's a tourer bhpian from Indore and will be asking for lesser known places if around that side!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Whole M.P state is about relegiousism, There all alot of Holy places, But, say it Fortunately or Unfortunately our place only has 2-3 Hill stations. But, You can visit

Now, lesser known or unknown places is the list that you make - no guided tiger spotting forest tour for now. Let me start the list then - these 2 places are an absolute must for me, before the regular and famed ones.

Quote:
1. Patalkot: Home to a tribal culture skilled at using the forest plants to make effective medicines. The Patalkot forest is so well hidden that people on the outside did not even know it ever existed. The modern world has been completely unaware of its existence. Now there are increasing threats of deforestation and exploitation of the people there. The natives (Bharias and Gonds) who live there know how to collect and grow the plants they need for food, clothing and building their homes. They know the secrets of the medicinal plants. This special skill has been passed down every generation.

2. Satpura National Park has seen only very limited development, and remains amongst the quietest of the national parks in Central India at the moment, with only a limited number of lodges outside the park and vehicles within it. The terrain of the park is more rugged than most of the parks in the region, with many hills and ridges, and the vegetation is a mixture of dense sal and teak forest, with some open meadows along the banks of the Tawa Reservoir.

Although the network of trails within the park is limited, unlike the other parks in Central India the park authorities encourage walking safaris within the core area of Satpura. Walking through the forest gives a very different experience from the game drives that are common elsewhere in the region, with a much more intimate experience of the flora and fauna.

Last edited by adc : 10th May 2010 at 19:06.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:13   #242
Senior - BHPian

Both the places are worth a visit, I have done them twice.
Old 6th October 2010, 00:14   #243
adc
Senior - BHPian

Safari VTT-TMT 2wd rolls out again

What happens when a decision to go to Ladakh, and that too in October, and more so in 2wd, is taken in 6 hours.

Well one takes the printer along and this supposedly 90 L drum was bought along the NH2 highway in Jharkhand
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_1863.jpg

At Manali. Flawless performance till now from the two long distance rides --> Kolkata to Delhi and Delhi to Manali
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_1857.jpg

Right now at Manali and reading as much as possible and printing maps about Ladakh and the route. Had been totally out of touch of forums and travelogues for the past 2 months, more so as thought next year would do the journey and that too in the favourable months.

Anyway, we [wife, child, and me] have started rolling and lets see what happens. Right now at Manali, printing out maps and some points. Tomorrow VTT-TMT churns the gravy with its 2wd power through Rhotang to Jispa. Clutch is changed and brand new. The bad thing is forgot to bring the lpg stove that we always carry, hope we dont get stuck and be the frozen tuna! But then we have this immense belief in this Safari 2wd VTT-TMT, it has brought us back home safely "n" no. of times from the worst of situations.

And a huge thanks goes to Sutripta-da for the mapmyindia gps, snatched it out from him by request at 8 pm before leaving out for Delhi.

Also a lot of thanks to vardhan, tsk1979, and ramkya for the putting out some great Ladakh maps, that I just printed out in a hotel room in Manali.

First winter coldness out here in Manali, weather is however on the clear side, Rhotang road is in bad shape as what I hear, some blockage up there on the route may be - did not see any ladakh taxis reaching Manali today.

PS: Was not able to open the bcmtouring site through the data modem - it has some very good info about Ladakh though most probably I have collected as much info as possible in this 3 hours of internet searching about Ladakh in Manali.

Last edited by adc : 6th October 2010 at 00:29.
Old 6th October 2010, 00:38   #244
BANNED

adc on roll again.

Boss...! TATA's must for sure give you a retro-fit 4wd to your Safari as a compliment

Amazes me, and many, on how a 2wd Safari can perform such a way.

Congratulations and will be watching this space.
Old 6th October 2010, 08:22   #245
Senior - BHPian

ADC,

Looks like not only your trips, but the luggage taken during trips are eye-openers!

Great going there, that too on a 2WD.

Even though you have proven what a 2WD, when pushed, can do, I wonder what you would have done if given a 4WD? Where is it that you would have not gone???

Have a safe trip and do update when time / connectivity permits.
Old 6th October 2010, 08:49   #246
Senior - BHPian

Awwright! Safe travels & have a blast. Did you stay over at Delhi on the way up? Any plans of stopping by on the way back?

Last edited by suman : 6th October 2010 at 08:50.
Old 6th October 2010, 08:57   #247
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Adc.. so you did execute the plan..!!
Would love to see you make it all through... and why the 90L drum...
Best wishes..
Jay
Old 6th October 2010, 09:05   #248
Team-BHP Support

All the best adc. That 90 liter can is a very bad idea. How will you lift it?
I suggest buy a 20 liter one from manali, and a funnel. Lean the big tank and put fuel into small tank, and then put it into car. Thats what we also did.
However, unless you are heading out to the changthang circuit, you will not need extra fuel.
For manali leh highway, just take 10-15 liter extra.
Regarding the maps by me or harsh, remember the Agham shyok route(nubra to pangong direct) has been washed away, you will have to go via Wari La if you want to do Nubra Pangong direct. In such a case you will also need to take around 20-30 liters of fuel with you.
Do not hesitate to call if you need any details.
All the best!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th October 2010 at 09:06.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:01   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
All the best adc. That 90 liter can is a very bad idea. How will you lift it?
Cant he use a siphon directly? Filling in fuel can be done directly at the fuel pump as well? Have been using a siphon in an aquarium and hence the idea
Old 6th October 2010, 11:10   #250
Team-BHP Support

It sounds easy in practice, but difficult in reality as you will always get some fuel in your mouth. Why go to those lengths, when a smaller jerrycan which you use as "transfer can" can do the job.
For my trip I needed 1100kms of fuel, so I carried a lot of fuel in 3 jerrycans, 2 big ones, and one small transfer can.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:02   #251
Senior - BHPian

So after a heart transplant it is doing amazingly well(touch wood) and as Pavan said Tata's have to gift you a 4*4 for all the things you have done.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:08   #252
BHPian

Dada Best Of Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why go to those lengths, when a smaller jerrycan which you use as "transfer can" can do the job.
For my trip I needed 1100kms of fuel, so I carried a lot of fuel in 3 jerrycans, 2 big ones, and one small transfer can.
Thats the best idea to refill / topup the fuel tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Tata's have to gift you a 4*4 for all the things you have done.
Hope TATA is listening us and reading all ADC da travelogs.

Dada Best of Luck
waiting for the logs with excellent pics from Leh......

Last edited by KALINGA : 6th October 2010 at 12:11.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:29   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
...go to Ladakh...is taken in 6 hours.
Hmmm... great. That's why you kept saying you're not going this year! Well, I guess I'll wait out and watch your trip unfold. But get ready for an earful once you're in phone network range.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:40   #254
BHPian

ADC, finally you are doing Ladhak and that too in Oct, he did talked to me while in May during his Vidharba trip that he wish to do Ladhak in Oct!

-Pramod
Old 6th October 2010, 13:54   #255
Senior - BHPian

Along with your Safari LX TMT I can name you "The Marvelous Tourist". You show us way many a times how to take full use of Safari. Best of luck for your journey and watching this space eagerly.

By the way after reading all your logs, it seems your next would be either West or South. These two directions of India are still missing from your log.

All The Best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks