Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:53   #1
adc
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp

Note From Support Team - Created This new thread as the old Thread Here Is Closed

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd March 2009 at 14:53. Reason: see note in post
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp

Appears to be a looooong post...would have appereciated it if this waw broken into 2~3 posts. Anyways, will read it whenever i'am are free. Looks to be good.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:06   #3
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Appears to be a looooong post...would have appereciated it if this waw broken into 2~3 posts. Anyways, will read it whenever i'am are free. Looks to be good.
Yeah know that, but today since suddenly was free, thought would finish off what was somewhat pending - and then with all the bad press Safari Dicor getting - its high time put I forward my onwership reading
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well said Anirban, on this thread & elsewhere

Keep the big wheels turning & hope you have tens of thousands of kms of trouble free motoring.

Last edited by suman : 2nd March 2009 at 15:09.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

ADC, one good review on your vehicle and your past time.

Nicely written and the way you have handled the beast at 110 on that divider is really lucky.

Keep taming more and more untamed forest.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:09   #6
BHPian

WHOA!!

I have always been a fan of your travelogues. Very well written. This LTOR sure will change peoples perception towards the Safari.

Cheers!!
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:34   #7
abk
BHPian

Excellent read ADC. I am not into book and stuff but your writings keep me hooked on always. Keep writing
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:46   #8
BHPian

Great LTOR

Great LTOR. Somehow I have great respect to the TATAs for their VFM.

My 7 year old elder daughter has become a great fan of Safari upon seeing your grinning Safari with ice on bonnet and water splashing shots!

I don't really know whether I will end-up buying a safari due to its neck breaking /sidefacing rear jump seat configuration.

But let me confess onething ADC, All your travelogues impacted me so deep to yearn much to repartriate to Motherland India and experience its vastness every day by driving short and long. I am in the making of Circumbulating India covering most states and a distance of 14K in 45 days.

Last edited by harimakesh : 2nd March 2009 at 15:50.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:01   #9
BHPian

ADC buddy, all I've got to say - " You Rock!!! ".

Wish I could keep driving like you. One day would love to join along with you for these tours in my Bull!!!!
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:09   #10
BHPian

Great trip log adc. Enjoyed every bit of it. Wish you many more happy mile crunching in your TMT
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. quite like the style even if its not the regular TBHP way
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:48   #12
BANNED

ADC,

Action speaks louder than words, but in your case, action and words both speak louder

Commendable to see your LTOR, its difficult to make everyone understand what you meant by your lenghty but rightly said post.

Anyways, keep driving, keep conquering all the paths not taken in your ever so faithful Safari.

Surprises to see what a 2WD safari can do.

We look forward to your loooooong term reviews and some great travelogues for the coming future.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:01   #13
BHPian

Congratulations . You should be placed in the new safari ad. While reading your sunabeda trip i remember another T-BHP member said that "Tata should give you a 4X4 as token of appreciation for offroading in sunabeda". Kudus to you. Miles to go ahead.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:27   #14
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Commendable to see your LTOR, its difficult to make everyone understand what you meant by your lenghty but rightly said post.
Yes it is too congested, dont like the lay out at all.

Please all dont post any more on this thread. Opening up a new one, much more organised.

MODS Very sorry for this, please, if possible, delete this dud thread.

They say [£ 'em] Safari Dicor is stereotyped, all will stall and destruct
Well bad luck, Finally here comes ADC with his Dicor 2.2 VTT post to instruct
Hey how, why this now, after 1.5-year long, you bong
You should have come up much before with your LTOR song
Shut up, LTOR ain't a track meet, it is a marathon
that’s why waited, roughed and tested to put up at least 25K+ on
Too many Safari non-owner posts out here are just faceless, mindless vitriolic bile
Dump, roll over, here comes ADC LTOR - DICOR 2.2 VTT-TMT STYLE
TILL NOW, again here I & hear me repeat, TILL NOW, running on but not running out
Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT is one real SUV without a doubt

That’s it. Hey stop or get infracted!
We all are so badly distracted
Enough of useless typing & rhyming
It’s now getting on the nerves and so too tiring

Okay okay, peace, Seriously and surely now starting the LTOR
What like the experience was, everything coming up - REAL & NO HYPE OR BAR
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-sfdsf.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 20th March 2010 at 09:52. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:37   #15
adc
Senior - BHPian

Background and Introduction

Background and Introduction:
In my school days I used to stay at Durgapur since both my parents were working out there at the Steel Plant. My father had a Royal Enfield which he bought second hand, in 1968, all gleaming and with real good chrome rims written "Made in England". It had the original Amal carburetor and so by eight I was riding it up and it was a big thing for someone at that age; it has to be - riding a Bullet at class eight. Well still before that, when I was around may be 10 years or so he also bought an Ambassador Mark II and I do have very fond tour memories with that too

Royal Enfield, 1968
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-scan001001ss.jpg

My first ride!!
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-scan001001.jpg
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-scan001002.jpg

As it is said, a bullet is bullet and there nothing like that and so never ever gave a thought to the car and it was much that feeling for long. The car experience, early years, was the Ambassador when I learnt driving and also later around class 11-12 - a jeep, a far neighbour uncle's jeep - yeah real willys jeep. Used to take the jeep where electrical high tension pylons were being constructed on the rice fields and their heavy machinery made the dirt road real rough and bumping. Whenever used to get the opportunity would go out there and really loved the way it moved, my first OTR that time. But those were college days, class 11 and 12, though the jeep left an impression, it was still no bullet because then those days in my mind - nothing topped that rebel grind. Just loved the way some parents used to cringe when I took their wards for a ride and hear them quietly say - this bugger, no parent discipline and making our child go with the wrong tide. Well then after 12, 1991, moved out left to other places for studies and thus there came up one big hiatus for my 2
wheeler and 4 wheeler rides.

Fast forward, 1996, took one job at Namsai, Arunachal, and had a gypsy at my disposal - rode it low and high whenever I used to get time, and that 1-year stay was a big experience drive - will never forget those gypsy days.

Came back to Calcutta in 1997 and again that Bullet, 1968 one, became my ride. My father really looked after it well and still now it runs though for me, I have the Bullet Electra now since 2003. The Amby was sold off and we had a M800 now, 1997, but was mostly used by my parents. Still cocky you see, what forget the bullet and drive a matchbox Maruti?
Between 1998 and 2001 did some solo runs on bike and then in 2001 got married, now me and wife. We both really love to tour, just used to go out whenever we used to get the time. Those were the good old days, left job for freelancing, much less pay but so too less tension, and not so much work or slogging or cut-throat competition. A car that stage, definitely could not afford on our wage, and also still was not on top of my mind, still real happy with Bullet grind.

But then things changed fast, a great baby in 2004, got hit now with more responsibility, the world was changing too fast and there's now much more accountability. Now with no tours, slogged hard, the economy was also too looking up, made some money but still being freelancer, not like if I would have joined an office.

We started to tour when the child was around 8 months old, to Vizag and Araku, and then later between 2005 and 2007 to forests of Orissa and Assam Kaziranga, also to Shillong and Meghalaya.

But all these now with rent car, with child, no more 2 wheeling rides, me sitting just besides and thinking the drive let be over soon as me now just a spectator beside the driver. Well wife notices all this and says look you are not at all enjoying the travelling, yeah whatever, because it so simple I am not driving.

Most Viewed