Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:59   #31
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
ADC,

We never knew there was a poet hiding inside you! Great LTR!

Keep Reclaiming!

cheers!
Srini
Hey thanks but this certainly is no poetic stuff
For all & me just some useless crap rap fun gruff
Though if the lines are played by the hip hop beat
Done the right way it does sound somewhat neat!

PS: BTW for me I mainly listen to folk and some good hard rock/metal - for now hearing System Of A Down [SOAD].

Quote:
Lets hit the Roads this weekend

the bagchi
Would have done that, but this weekend have a wedding reception invitation. Lets see the next week, also you will have time to co-ordinate so that I join with your whole gang. I will give you a call tmmrw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Great writeup adc, straight from the heart fully wrapped emotionally !! It was wonderful reading you journey from Enfield to Dicor.

Hope to meet you in person sometime in Kolkata.

Abhi
Thanks abhi, good to see also that you are back to travelling - it so good as a stress buster. Surely we will met the next time you are over here.

Last edited by adc : 4th March 2009 at 00:15.
Old 4th March 2009, 00:39   #32
BHPian

ADC
Great report. The photos too are great. The mud slinged safari and the one with the scratches shows how much you have (ab)used...

Voted 5 star for this thread
Old 4th March 2009, 00:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

A machine so good it deserves a chilli and lime,
an owner who can drive as well as he can rhyme
Together they have shown the will to reclaim
a reputation that is elsewhere being drowned in blame
May your vehicle keep gulping down trail and highway
and help keep the usual suspects at bay.

Damn...that McLaren thread is really bringing out the worst in me.

Congrats adc - you've been trailblazing for over a year and a half now. The silence of the satisfied majority often gets drowned in the din of the few that arent.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th March 2009 at 00:46.
Old 4th March 2009, 08:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

adc and steeroid both of you have an amazing quality to rhyme. I guess thats the effect of perfect partnership of man and his/her ride.

@adc having seen your pictures of lahual -spiti on 4X2, wanted to know how easy was it.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

way to go ADC.

you are spot on when you mention about the so call experts and gurus who blast the safari, with their only experience of this beast being a "friend's uncle's brother in law's colleague owns one".

I have had a few initial minor niggles in my beast , but SO FAR, nothing major. I completed a 1250 km round trip this weekend, and trust me, if I had done this trip in ANY sedan sold in india today, it would have been rattling galore, broken down, suspension faiure or some such thing. with this beast - NOTHING- i ended the drive with no aches and pains, the car purring contendedly- this after going over brokenroads/ no roads/ pothles et al ar 90-100 kph.

So, let the vast majority of naysayers have their 15 seconds of perverse fun, we the silent minority who own this beast, love it and appreciate it for what it turly is, know better.

AMEN!
Old 4th March 2009, 12:50   #36
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Voted 5 star for this thread
Hey thanks, suprisingly I also could vote a 5-star for my own thread!!! But then, LTOR is my pride thread, my domain!! Thats some real ego-tripping, felt good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
A machine so good it deserves a chilli and lime,
an owner who can drive as well as he can rhyme
Together they have shown the will to reclaim
a reputation that is elsewhere being drowned in blame
May your vehicle keep gulping down trail and highway
and help keep the usual suspects at bay.
Really this time no power for a rhyme
After you come up about "a chili and a lime"
Salivating and rhyming absolutely dont go together
For now, that's it, so parched for long, no crap rap till a good wet hot dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@adc having seen your pictures of lahual -spiti on 4X2, wanted to know how easy was it.
Lahaul Spiti very much can covered by any car. The difference only will be if you are low on car size or ground clearence, you just have to be more careful. With a Safari, I was able to take more breaks for scenes and photos, and still maintain schedule as when driving we were quite above the normal average speed.

As said any place can be covered to a certain extent by any car, know the limitations and adapt like that. Thinking too much from here will only breed doubt about you and your car's ability. As said, just be aware of the cautions and the limitations and you can cover almost all places where's possible.

We do have an example in hvkumar, long back going to Ladakh in a Matiz that too during the rough season.

PS: Oof! Enough of a gyan, now it's for you to plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
So, let the vast majority of naysayers have their 15 seconds of perverse fun, we the silent minority who own this beast, love it and appreciate it for what it turly is, know better.AMEN!
Thanks again, remember you going for the last edition bullet proof 3.0 even though the 2.2 was out. And the observations, sure that's the way it is.

Last edited by adc : 4th March 2009 at 13:06.
Old 4th March 2009, 13:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Lahaul Spiti very much can covered by any car. The difference only will be if you are low on car size or ground clearence, you just have to be more careful. With a Safari, I was able to take more breaks for scenes and photos, and still maintain schedule as when driving we were quite above the normal average speed.
I can second that! I did that circuit in 2001 in a Fiat Uno Diesel. Our speeds were much lower than when I'd done it in 1997 in a Gypsy.
But, the car did get stuck in gravel on the Kaza-Losar stretch. Needed 3 people to help take some weight off the front wheels and give a shove to get it out!
Old 4th March 2009, 13:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I can second that! I did that circuit in 2001 in a Fiat Uno Diesel.
I have lots of long distances on my Fiat Uno Petrol and would be doing on it again unless my financial crunch improves and I am able to buy the Bolero
Old 4th March 2009, 14:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have lots of long distances on my Fiat Uno Petrol and would be doing on it again unless my financial crunch improves and I am able to buy the Bolero
LOL, no one's financial crunch is going to improve in a hurry!
We just have to learn to live life with what we have left!
Old 5th March 2009, 11:20   #40
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
LOL, no one's financial crunch is going to improve in a hurry!
We just have to learn to live life with what we have left!
Many a Leh-Ladakhs [ADC first on the list] planned this year will be aborted, unless some drastic change breathes life back into the embryo.

Last edited by adc : 5th March 2009 at 11:32.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Many a Leh-Ladakhs [ADC first on the list] planned this year will be aborted, ...
...unless you have taken some measures like I have done!

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_1194b.jpg

LOL! All visitors/friends/well-wishers are urged to contribute generously to the 'vacation fund'!
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2009, 12:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...unless you have taken some measures like I have done!

Attachment 108108

LOL! All visitors/friends/well-wishers are urged to contribute generously to the 'vacation fund'!
LOL!!! I call mine ABRF ( Anirudha Basu Relief Fund) and any donations to it are exempt under 80G and Gift Tax
Old 5th March 2009, 12:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and any donations to it are exempt under 80G and Gift Tax
I offer relief only under 80CC.
Seriously, it is not helping much.
Problem being that I have very few doctor friends. Doctors are about the only ones whose business is doing better than ever before, with more & more people developing BP, diabetes and depression with this Global melt down!
Old 5th March 2009, 13:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I offer relief only under 80CC.
Seriously, it is not helping much.
Problem being that I have very few doctor friends. Doctors are about the only ones whose business is doing better than ever before, with more & more people developing BP, diabetes and depression with this Global melt down!
Dont want to sound humbug or get into competing or anything but I have 3 dentists in the family ( FIL, MIL & Sister) who are happily minting money. Have already petitioned them for doing their bit towards moral upliftment of poor souls like me ( to be attained through Lahual - Spiti trip)
Old 7th March 2009, 14:34   #45
BHPian

Hey ADC, An amazing write-up..Same story goes with me more or less.I too used to drive my friend's bullet in X std.But i ended up buying RX-135 no regrets instead more happy.My only dream car Tata Safari was always in my heart since its launch.Peoples used to say TCIC is under-powered,sluggish,huge,show-off but nothing would stop me buying Safari.One day put a call to TATA showroom,the sales guy seeing my heartily attachment with the vehicle gave me the most secret-valuable suggestion,Sir wait for two-months new more powerful DICOR 3.0 is coming.Waited for two month for launching,another 1 month for 4X4 version.Finally a kid's dream came true in oct-2005.
Its more easy to put comments unless you own SAFARI.Its royal pleasure to drive this vehicle even ENDY,CR-V don't appeal me..Its minor niggles are jingle bells to me...

Respect to ALL..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks