Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:43   #16
adc
Senior - BHPian

Decision making

Then that’s the first time we started thinking about a car, for some touring and since with a child a car would be now suitable running for errands too. My wife knows our budget capacity and so okay with a small car, like Alto or Indica, but me bad, bad boy - after a bullet I needed a SUV or Jeep as my pride toy.

And yes another rule, for me no second hand too. Went through my finances, it would real tight since my budget now was way expensive, by over 4 lakhs, but had that feeling, may I could just pull it off with little luck big time hard work and slog.

Started to look out for new jeep, a 4wd, but so nothing in the 5-6 lakh, never considered the Bolero 4wd, very pricy for its specs with less powerful engine and all leaf springs. There was and still is a big void in the market for a good jeep which is as does strike the right balance between being a offroad and also a cruiser.

Started with the list to see what are the options out there, Innova, Scorpio, and Safari.

At same time, came across team bhp site, and though not a member went through all the posts about these rides.

First came the Innova, no question all reports everywhere and anywhere very reliable but pricey, and wife was impressed with print adds and what showed on the TV. I gave a fleeting thought and look to the Innova.

You serious? what that MUV?
The truth it only looks somewhat if good on a TV
A cross between a pregnant yak and an ill-fitting oversized pullover
Now for me, if my ride ain't at least looking good, it just so all over
No second thoughts, bye bye Innova

For Scorpio: Now my wife did not like its looks at all but I was okay since never had that bias of a Scorpio or a Safari and mind was a clean slate. Test drove it.

Now next here comes up our second choice, CRDe Scorpio
know what, you get a feeling on this site, it’s just so perfect - yeah so like Del Piero!!!
Now if you crawl more the net and be game
It so apparent it just so all the same
But then still it's no shame
Just the same number are giving it a blame
Checking it out, looking at the backside, broadside, and the inside
It’s just a little bit cramped that’s what's my first minor dislike
Plus felt at high speeds it is a bit bouncing
We [my family] like long distance cruising
Long hours fast riding, without bruising
As said, interior space was just a little bit too tight
Somewhat a little close up for my height
It’s a SUV alright and it does have that bite
Definitely indeed still to give Scorpio CRDe the credit
Yeah for me it almost made it
And respect Scorpio does do get it.
Peace.

Now finally next comes the Safari Dicor 3.0. The looks always been a killer, test drove it - it was like kind of sluggish off the ground but once it picked up speed it was a thriller. Once one gets inside and see and feels the comfort and space, there is no way one take out of mind when comparing to another vehicle. The NVH was a bit high but high stability was fantastic, another negative being the big turning radius of the Safari. It always felt before test driving that it would be a pain to move about with such huge vehicle but the driving position is great and once you starting moving it really was a non-issue. Test drove quite some time, liked it much and still it was toss between the 3.0 and the CRDe.
I saw and searched the sites, yeah right there were people telling horror stories and like.

But as I delved deeper and took heed from only the owners, you do see most of them do back up their choice and that what mattered because again it was from a real owner. Out here Safari was like the quiet wronged hero. The feedback I got was sure this is no Innova quality but also it was not like all Safaris come out from a big lemon factory. Also when out on the road with my Bullet, used to talk to drivers driving Safari and at first they thought it is a police stop and they would be real tensed up seeing me telling them to roll down the window, since I wanted to have a talk - and yeah there too found that the majority were happy to okay with their ride.

At that same time, there were rumors about new engine much improved 2.2 coming up, so postponed the buying decision in Jan-March 2007 and waited for its release. For the last time in April 2007 went to Darjeeling and North Bengal with driver driving, and this time not that glum since we knew real soon there's a Safari Dicor knocking.

Some tour pics to break the monotony
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-picture-148e.jpg  

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_7601ee.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 17:51   #17
adc
Senior - BHPian

Then the good news came out, Safari Dicor 2.2 coming out in October. I had a dilemma and posted a query thinking whether to go for a 3.0 with fat discounts or go with all new first of the block 2.2 engine with no discounts. Do remember I was above my budget by almost 3 lakhs so every rupee counts. Thus at that time I had this post up. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...dicor-now.html (On buying Tata Safari Dicor now)

Though generally it made sense at that time to go for the tested 3.0 but reasoned like with 3.0 going out of market outright, it sure will be depreciation disaster. And what really sealed it for 2.2 was when I saw the price, it was just 5k more than the official 3.0 price. Test drove it like and on comparing it to 3.0

Safari 3.0 power mid range is like cock-diezel
Safari 2.2 is the next gen, all through the smooth diesel

But remember at the back of my mind there was a stalling fear, yeah too much loose talk out here, at that time too. Like the 2.2 even without coming out people talking about their inside stories of "critical components failing". With that feeling went and booked a Safari 2.2 LX 2wd at KB Motors in Calcutta.

There was no going back now http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post595439 (Tata Safari 2.2 A Detailied TD Report)

It was so touch and go and crazy, the 2.2 was just released, the plates and demo cars have come only and it was hard to figure out which colour would be the best, with gray border of an LX. So anyway went for Cycus grey just seeing the plates, not a day was possible to waste as the hotel bookings. All the process was hurried through, no discounts I got but who cared, just have to make this trip with me now driving. Also since going out the very next day to North Bengal Forest tour, paid a little premium and got directly the registration number.

Thus, night of 17th of October 2007, I see that all gleaming, ready and shining - the feeling of owning the first car too exciting.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post598601 (Tata Safari 2.2 A Detailied TD Report)
Then thus that day it became the first 2.2 Safari VTT on this forum and the KB Motors dealer certified that it too being the first one to roll in W. Bengal, as they were ones who got hold to the first deliveries - and yes that’s true as no other dealer was ready so quick to give the 2.2.
When it went for the first service at 1010 km at Siliguri with 4 days of owning, the service manager had a priceless comment - In all his 20 years work life he is servicing a car, even without still having sold one from their showroom!!

And the very next day of owing with huge feeling, we three [wife, me and our 2.5-yr-old son, make the journey to North Bengal Forests for a big 2500 km run.

The next day North Bengal Forest 2400+ km tour
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-i5712.jpg

We went to the remote places and with all what one reads out here, like all Safaris are just lemons and going to stall, I in fact used to keep the engine on while like stopping in middle of a forest and keeping it running and not putting off the ignition. You know what, if it doesn’t start - that’s the side effect of reading all the rumour circling out here from then on. Well slowly but surely as days went by on the tour the confidence came back and now I was like shutting it down and but still very gingerly when starting the VTT back up.

After a no-issue, rough riding, the 2400 km touring the very next day of owning - but still it just so new before I give this VTT the credit let me ride it out more before I pass a verdict.

You see, then too I was also battling all the nonsense rattling - see this post -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post681555 (New Tata Safari or Innova?)

As months and the year went by, silently we enjoyed, roamed around in some fantastic places, Safari VTT put into some extreme paces.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:55   #18
adc
Senior - BHPian

Lucky to be alive

Lucky to be alive

So let me post this experience first time, even my wife does not know about this incident till now, that would have become easily gruesome. It was when we were coming back from Delhi nonstop to Calcutta. With a night drive, moving real fast, we were covering good distances, double NH2 GQ highway, almost a expressway at night - only truck traffic and no criss-crossing humans or bikes.

Crossed Allahabad around 130 am. Around closer Varanasi, around 330-4 am may be, all so quiet, child sleeping on his mother's lap and mother dozing, and me driving but tiring. Before we and wife were listening to the music playing softly and we just chatting, but then as she dozed off backseat, I started to feel the lack of the stereo and so with one hand on the remote and on hand on the wheel was trying to press the correct switch in the darkness.

Now with all the years and years of driving experience, it just take a second of momentary carelessness to change your life forever. I looking at the display to set the cd settings and for a few seconds, again don’t know why - never did this before even involuntarily, my eyes were off the road but then the VTT was as usual hurtling into the darkness at around 110 kph - at that speed we cover 100 mts in around 3.3 seconds. Suddenly felt a wham and a big bam and bang, the remote goes off hand and I look now straight and what the !!, I was now driving 2 wheels on the divider and 2 wheels on the road.

As I was fiddling with the music remote, taking out my eyes for those few seconds and thinking that I was driving straight but no - I was going sideways and it hit the big divider wall, around 3 inches width. At 110 kmph speed the driver side, right front tyre bangs and goes above the divider, the rear wheel follows and at that speed that too is dragged up on the divider path and a whole chuck of tyre sidewall goes off and but still the SUV up on the divider pathway.

So net picture, I was driving 2 wheels on the divider and 2 wheels on the road. Well reflex comes into play in such situations, immediately turned left back and came on the road and limped to a stop with the front tyre puncture somewhere in badland Eastern UP at 3.30-4 am night.

Right Rear tyre sidewall tear - a whole chunck went off when it abraded against the divider
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_7910.jpg
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_7911.jpg

My wife now fully awake, child still sleeping, asking me what happened? Well I said nothing, just front tyre puncture. I look at them both, think for a second who knows what would happened, it was real close. Got down inspected the damage, always cursing and telling myself, hey bloke you are real lucky, just imagine if it would flipped over or would have gone the whole way and bumped up to oncoming truck on the other lane - Gawd, just don’t want to think about it again.

Never would say out here just because of a Safari, I got out unscathed. Well a big car, a SUV, does have a role to play, but if someone would try that thing again, sure that fellow will be dead. Just plain, plain lucky that we live today to see another day.

So as was saying go down with a torch, the obvious was the big hole on the right rear tyre sidewall and checked out thoroughly to see any signs of visual damage. Well other things looked okay and went now about changing the tyre with trucks wheezing bye and giving a cursory glance. No one stops at Eastern UP at that time.

To compound the problem, the flat tyre that I repaired in HP was very slowly leaking all this time, so when went to get the spare, it was just as good as a flat. Now I have 2 flat tyre, no 12-volt inflator, and so just waited to find some very early morning passerby to ask him about any puncture repair shop. Early dawn was breaking out at 430-445 and asked a fellow who was doing morning to get that right stomach pressure to go to the fields!! Well he said a tyre shop is just around 100 mtrs from there - it was so dark that if I would have known or even seen would have gone long time back.

Anyway was feeling tired now, limped on with the Safari 2.2 rear tyre flat. The all loaded Safari was huge pressure on that rear tyre flat tube, the steel rims were making mince meat of that. Anyway glad to go up to that tyre fellow, he was sleeping, awakened him, and he got on to the job right away. In the meantime, with no cigarettes and high on tension, took a biri from that the tyre man and just thought about it again - man are how we still alive. In conversation, came out the tyre fellow was also from Bengal and we chatted for sometime as he changed the tyre, me feeling much relaxed now - wife and child still blissfully unaware.

Well after that 4-hour break, thanking that person profusely, we started again for Calcutta with both tyres now repaired well. From there we reached Calcutta, travelling around 600 km with no more incidents but after coming home saw that for the right front tyre one side was wearing off faster and there was some very slight bubbling which can be only felt while driving at a uniform speed and it was transmitted to me through the steering.

Went to the *** and though told them nothing about this incident - was afraid would lose warranty, instructed them to check why the tread is not wearing off uniformly, told them to check everything [torsion bar et al] on the right front tyre and also the suspension links on the rear back tyre. Nothing was amiss, just the front wheel alignment was wrong and they did it well, went for a long test drive with the service advisor and I was satisfied. Still don’t believe nothing happened other than some alignment problem after that thing. Anyway, can’t complain, the SUV is back to its former self, uniform tread now and no bubbling.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:59   #19
adc
Senior - BHPian

TATA SAFARI Dicor Journeys done till now 2007-2008- till Jan 2009

TATA SAFARI Dicor Journeys done till now 2007-2008- till Jan 2009

1. NORTH BENGAL FOREST AND HILL TOUR [LAVA-LOLEGAON-KALIMPONG[DELO]-SUNTALEKHOLA-JHALDA/BINDU-MURTI-KHUNIA/CHAPRAMARI/GORUMARA FOREST]

2. ORISSA'S UNKNOWN FORESTS [KULDIA-SATKOSIA-BANGRIPOSI] [ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-part-1-a.html (Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 1) --and--
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-part-2-a.html (Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2) ]

3. SANTINIKETAN
4. HALDIA AND GEONKHALI
5. KENDUGARI AND HATIBARI [WEST MEDINIPuR FORESTS]
6. PATHRA, MIDNAPORE
7. DIGHA, MANDARMONI
8. PANCHALINGESHWAR AND KHUMKOTE TANK, ORISSA
9. MONSOON TOUR 08 - I, PURULIA - MURGUMA, KAIRABERA AND CHORIDA
10. MONSOON TOUR 08 - II, GADIARA

11. KINNAUR, SIPTI, LAHAUL [SAFARI DICOR GRAND ONE-YEAR CELEBRATION] -[Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul]) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ti-lahaul.html

12. Orissa Remote forests, Sunabeda and Debrigarh - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-sunabeda.html

13. GARPANCHOKOT, WEST BENGAL
14. DALMA WILDLIFE SANCUATARY, JHARKHAND.

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_9065e.jpg
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-i7715.jpg

Also let me acknowledge for all the bhpians and there are still many, who made gave me objective look, to B&T, xetaglg, & shuvc - for the all the help on setting up that rudimentary ICE. Thanks to all, again.

And also if asking for some 2.2 technical need - do at least contact dadu, our in-house Safari Dicor whiz-kid

So here now ends my LTOR as of now, and since have posted will keep updating as months go by. There are still a whole lot more to travel, to unknown places and on roads, dirt, and gravel.

Enough, just some randomly memorable pictures among the whole lot there

Last edited by adc : 2nd March 2009 at 18:18.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:00   #20
BHPian

Super. Just read through all of it (in your previous thread) and words fall short to express. Very well written and, wishing you miles and miles of happy touring.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:03   #21
adc
Senior - BHPian

Service history till now

Service history till now

One good thing is to go for the anti-rust treatment and just not to worry all about the undercarriage and hard or salt water.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...treatment.html (Advise on Safari Dicor 2.2 Rust Treatment)

Service history till now.
KM: 1010
Date: 22/10/2007 Place: Lexican Motors, Siliguri, West Bengal
1. Undercarraige noise check, Idler arm checked.
2. Checked door and glass rattling
Total Bill Amount 0.0

KM: 2716
Date: 26/11/2007 Place: KB Motors, Calcutta
1. Starter motor retrofitted.
2. Power steering HP hose upgradation [Retro fitting of P/STG Hose]
3. All undercarraige bolt recheck and retight.
4. Replace fuel lid tank - this is the one niggle started for me from then and till recently before it fixed for good.
Total Bill Amount 0.0

KM: 3963
Date: 16/01/2008 Place: KB Motors, Calcutta - Went for voluntary oil change.
All prices with VAT
1. Bardhal Engine tuneup & flush - Rs 657
2. HP Milcy 15w40 Diesel Engine Oil - Rs 1242 @ 160
3. Assembly Oil filter - Rs 175
4. Other item - Rs 27.04
5. Engine oil and filter change labour- Rs 200
Total Bill Amount: Rs 2581.00

KM: 8640
Date: 02/05/2008 Place: KB Motors, Calcutta - Went for a check before a big tour.
1. Disassemble and assemble co-driver seat tilting mechanism
2. Recity Fuel tank lid opening
3. 2.2L Safari Dicor VTT Crank Pulley retrofit and upgradation
4. Front wheel alingment , check and adjustment - Rs 450.00

Total Bill Amount: Rs 505.62 [450+VAT]

KM: 9535
Date: 26/06/2008 Place: RD Motors, Calcutta - Went for voluntary oil change, now wth Castrol GTX Diesel.
All prices with VAT

1. Bardhal Engine tuneup & flush - Rs 540
2. Castrol GTX 15w40 Diesel Engine Oil CH4 - Rs 1426 @ 190.22
3. Assembly Oil filter - Rs 175
4. Other item - Rs 25.96
5. Engine oil and filter change labour- Rs 250

Total Bill Amount: Rs 2703.00

KM: 11793
Date: 23/09/2008 Place: KB Motors, Calcutta - Went for a check before a big HP tour.
1. Air filter change [taking no chance in the hills] - Rs 697.12
2. Headlight alignment
3. Replace fuel tank lid lock
4. Adjust door links and door striker

Total Bill Amount: Rs 725 [697+VAT]

KM: 15111
Date: 10/10/2008 Place: Satluj Motors, Lunapani, Mandi, Himachal - second service time.
1. Assembly oil filter - 161.68
2. Differential Oil, Castrol - 288.00 [@144]
3. Castrol GTX Diesel Engine Oil - 1800 [@240]

4. Power steering oil, Castrol - Rs 14.40 [0.1 @144]
5. Second Free servicing, washing and vacuuming

Total Bill Amount: Rs 2609

KM: 18037
Date: 26/11/2008 Place: KB Motors, Calcutta - just a cautionary check after the HP tour
1. Front wheel alignmentn - 400
2. Full body anti-rust treatment - 3560
3. Adjust door links for each door - this I always say even if one slightly occassionaly rattles

4. Replace fuel tank lid lock - this damn niggle!!

Total Bill Amount: Rs 4449

KM: 22556
Date: 16/02/2009 Place: KB Motors, Calcutta - After the Xtreme Safari ride to remote Orissa - the whole Safari had huge rough riding with bottoming out
and engine scraping - should have been more careful. Saw that the left tyre was like very slightly tilting so went to the Service Station.
All rates with VAT
1. Assembly Rubber Bushings x4 546
2. Rubber bushings top link x4 588.46
3. Fevikwick!! 65.38
4. Link Rod bush replacement 400
5. Link Rod bush fitting 300
6. Replaced rear spare tyre door lock

7. Free Wheel alignment!!
8. Interior enrichment, with all rides the interior white fabic roof was becoming dirty - 900 - inside now shiny as new
4. Replace fuel tank lid lock - for good they say

Total Bill Amount: Rs 3046
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:07   #22
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Appears to be a looooong post...would have appereciated it if this waw
broken into 2~3 posts. Anyways, will read it whenever i'am are free. Looks to be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Yeah know that, but today since suddenly was free, thought would finish off
what was somewhat pending - and then with all the bad press Safari Dicor getting - its high time
put I forward my onwership reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well said Anirban, on this thread & elsewhere

Keep the big wheels turning & hope you have tens of thousands of kms of trouble free
motoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
WHOA!!

I have always been a fan of your travelogues. Very well written. This LTOR sure will change
peoples perception towards the Safari.

Cheers!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Excellent read ADC. I am not into book and stuff but your writings keep me
hooked on always. Keep writing
Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Great LTOR. Somehow I have great respect to the TATAs for their VFM.

My 7 year old elder daughter has become a great fan of Safari upon seeing your grinning Safari
with ice on bonnet and water splashing shots!

I don't really know whether I will end-up buying a safari due to its neck breaking /sidefacing
rear jump seat configuration.

But let me confess onething ADC, All your travelogues impacted me so deep to yearn much to
repartriate to Motherland India and experience its vastness every day by driving short and long.
I am in the making of Circumbulating India covering most states and a distance of 14K in 45
days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
ADC buddy, all I've got to say - " You Rock!!! ".

Wish I could keep driving like you. One day would love to join along with you for these tours in
my Bull!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Great trip log adc. Enjoyed every bit of it. Wish you many more happy
mile crunching in your TMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Awesome. quite like the style even if its not the regular TBHP way
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
ADC,

Action speaks louder than words, but in your case, action and words both speak louder

Commendable to see your LTOR, its difficult to make everyone understand what you meant by your
lenghty but rightly said post.

Anyways, keep driving, keep conquering all the paths not taken in your ever so faithful Safari.

Surprises to see what a 2WD safari can do.

We look forward to your loooooong term reviews and some great travelogues for the coming
future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Super. Just read through all of it (in your previous thread) and words fall short to express. Very well written and, wishing you miles and miles of happy touring.

Thanks all, and sorry all this shifting, that old post was so disorganised and drifting.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:53   #23
adc
Senior - BHPian

Attn: Moderators

MODS - Thanks a lot to close that other thread and shift the posts out here.

Just another glitch --

MODS please do rearrange these few threads to the back that come up before the first posting - the one one with heading - Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp

Then also it will show that the thread starter's name will also be refected normally

Please rearrange the threads to the back from this-->>
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Appears to be a looooong post...would have appereciated it if this waw broken into 2~3 posts. Anyways, will read it whenever i'am are free. Looks to be good.
to this one before the main heading ->>

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Yes it is too congested, dont like the lay out at all.

Please all dont post any more on this thread. Opening up a new one, much more organised.

MODS Very sorry for this, please, if possible, delete this dud thread.

Last edited by adc : 2nd March 2009 at 18:57.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

ADC,

A good and inspiring post on your ride. Great going! Your vehicle, being one the first few 2.2's to roll out, and with all the places it has seen, is truly an eye opener on the true capabilities of the Safari.

Apart from that, an another first - This is the first thread in T-BHP that I have seen where responses to a post are appearing first even before the post itself! (Don't tell me it was because the previous thread was not snipped from the right post!)

Last edited by HappyWheels : 2nd March 2009 at 19:58.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Glued. Finished reading too.

Great review.

May you and your family reclaim more and more .

Miss 4x4?
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:23   #26
BHPian

Waiting for yet another outing with you
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:43   #27
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebagchi View Post
Waiting for yet another outing with you
Sure, again defintely will feel good to be back on a Bullet - On a weekend lets plan - I know the exact place we should be heading. Not many people know about this place in West Bengal and only 130-150 km from Calcutta, also nicknamed as "The Grand Canyon of West Bengal" - though of course a very very poor cousin but still the few people who travelled there say it is very beautiful. Here's one rare snap from the net

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-wb-gc.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Congratulations . You should be placed in the new safari ad. While reading your sunabeda trip i remember another T-BHP member said that "Tata should give you a 4X4 as token of appreciation for offroading in sunabeda". Kudus to you. Miles to go ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Glued. Finished reading too.

Great review.

May you and your family reclaim more and more .

Miss 4x4?

Oh yes sure I do miss a 4x4
Gives that huge confidence for that detour
For me Safari 4wd is so beyond my means
Was and still is just in my guilty dreams

Well, you know, this 2wd had seen paths much beyond its capacity
It grunted, spinned but never complained,showed great tenancity
Sure also luck has been with me a number of times
Quite a few close calls in remote places with no phone lines

But let there be noone who should ever think
And I am saying this without a wink
No amount of driving prowess or just 2-wheel rear torque
is as equal to 4 wheels when tackling mud, gravel & bedrock

Tell me truly Who doesn't want a SUV 4-wheel drive
For some even if no OTR, just to be part of that elite tribe

Much thanks for saying that TM should be gifting me a 4wd free
Oh yes, so ready for another Safari as me no complaining bee
I do see posts, people having contacts and so close to Tata Motor managers
Please remember to pass on the ID, ADC so poor but still so adventurous!!

Hey ADC, get real, you ain't the only one salivating & wanting a 4wd as a charity
okay okay, then for me, tell 'em to pay off my remaining EMIs without any conditionality

So thats enough for now as for these nonsense typing & rhyming
Gotta go, be out here later - there's huge work remaining

Last edited by adc : 3rd March 2009 at 13:56.
adc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2009, 14:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup adc, straight from the heart fully wrapped emotionally !! It was wonderful reading you journey from Enfield to Dicor.

Hope to meet you in person sometime in Kolkata.

Abhi
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:31   #29
BHPian

Lets hit the Roads this weekend.
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

ADC,

We never knew there was a poet hiding inside you! Great LTR!

Keep Reclaiming!

cheers!
Srini

Most Viewed