Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gaurav. 5L is definitely a steal. Enjoy your beauty!
Old 3rd June 2009, 03:30   #32
BHPian

Congrats Gaurav! You are gonna totally drive drive and drive till u go nuts driving! It's really addictive to drive this thing!
Regards,
TG.
Old 3rd June 2009, 08:27   #33
BHPian

This car at 5L is a steal. Its an amazing car and am sure that you will have loads of fun. Have fun and drive safe.
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thank you every one.. I am aproud Cedizen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't suppose I'm buying a new car for the next 10 years, what with all the lucrative deals in the pre-owned segment.

Drive safe.
Even I am not buying a new car till I have enough money to buy a new Bentley...

We surely have beaten the recession... I guess, Next year I am going to look for a more than a year old Outlander for my dat for around 10lacs... thats the next target..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You can say that again. Saw a pristine Accord V6 (previous gen) going for 6.5 lakhs! Only good news for the smarter buyers out there.
I have seen a Silver 2.4 2003 accord with a dealer near my place. he bought the car about 8-9 months back. that time he was asking for 7.5. Now he is asking for 6 but still there is no buyer. The car is 50k driven, has no accident history and is in very good condition. He has also given adds of exchanging the car with some other car...

An old accord really a a right price will surely be a smart deal....

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 3rd June 2009 at 17:58.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

It’s been 3 months and I have driven my cedia about 9k kms. Bought the car at 22400 on the clock and it has done about 31k kms now. The 20k service was done in December 2008 by the previous owner and when I bought the car in May 2009, the guy told me that the car was driven around 2k kms in December and since January it had run just 500kms. Coming back to point, the service was due in June 2009 and till then I was just able to clock 26400kms (i.e. 4k in just more than 1 month). So I got the service done at 26400kms from Asian Motors, oil change and oil filter change… costed about Rs1600 in total (couldn’t lay my hands on the bill so can’t tell the exact figures.

At about 28k kms, I started having problem while braking at the speeds between 60-80km/hr. When I used to brake between these speeds, I could feel uneven braking and the steering used to wobble (thought very slightly). At speeds above 80-85 or below 55-60, braking was normal.. it was only at these speeds that I had the problem. Went straight to Asian motors and was told that the brake pads had become hard which resulted in uneven wear of pads as well as disks… particularly the front ones. Hence, they advised me to change the brake pads (both front and rear) and get the disks phased. Cost = front pads 5400 + rear pads 4500 + Disc face out 1600 + VAT + Sales tax.. that makes it around 14k. The pads still had life of about 15k kms, the mechanic told me and said If I want I can drive with it. Just that it will further wear out disks unevenly.

I asked the mechanic to leave the pads as it is and came back home…but this thing was always on my mind and kept troubling me day in day out as I never felt confident while braking (I know it’s the utter most important thing in a car). Finally at around 30k I decided to change the pads. But I wanted to check for the pads prices from the aftermarket suppliers before paying 14k for the same. I went to Karol Bagh car market at Sahni Motors and was quoted 7600 for set of both front and rear pads. Then went to Chawla Motors and he quoted the same price.. but then he asked me to wait.. he called up another wholesaler in Kashmiri gate and says “mere dukaan band karaoge..7600 brake pad ke liye kaun dega.. chk karo.. Rane..Powerhouse ya koi aur pads ho cedia ke”. 10 mins later the wholesaler calls back and bingo he said TRW –german pads hai cedia ke but sirf front hai for 2100.. and I was like yeah man get them right away. The shop keeper told me that its because the car has just sold in few numbers so after market support is less. He said “civic ke pads le jao mujhse 1800 ke (both front and rear), accord ke le jaao 2000 ke and I was like gr8 yr.. who says accord is expensive to maintain provided you can fill it up.

Waited for about one and a half hour for pads to come from Kashmiri Gate and the very next day went to my local garage and got the Disks faced for Rs.250 (front ones) and also got the new TRW pads up. Labour charges 300. Drove the car after that and the final bingo the brakes were back to perfect.

In between two weeks back, on Sunday I was around Defence colony with friends, driving casually at around 40-50 at around 10pm and I hear this noise “Kataaakkk” and I was like what the hell.. got off the car but didn’t notice anything.. next moring I got ready for work.. came out and the cleaner goes “bhiya ye crack kaise aa gaya” and I was like mannn.. there was a crack on the passenger side extreme top of the wind sreen right in front of Passenger side sun visor (will post the pics). For now its not obstructing the view and itsn’t much big as well... so I have got the top end tinted which I guess will support the glass and won’t allow the cracks to get bigger. Will get the screen changed if the cracks get wider. Mitsubishi has quoted 10,500 for the glass. I think will get it done from them only.

Next service due at 36400kms.. I guess will get it done in October.

Will post pics of the wind screen once I get Home.. in office right now

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 11th August 2009 at 15:03.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well that was good deal for sure.I personally don't like buying used cars.I feel that buying a new car is a better option as with used cars you start having loads and loads of problems one after the other.well that's my personal opinion.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

thats was good management. for the windscreen, how did it happen ? did something hit your windshield ? also, you may check some vendors like windshield experts !, they also help you with insurance (if you want to claim for this)
Old 15th August 2009, 15:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well that was good deal for sure.I personally don't like buying used cars.I feel that buying a new car is a better option as with used cars you start having loads and loads of problems one after the other.well that's my personal opinion.
thanx Indrojit...used car is definately one's personal opinion.. but brake pads are a part of normal wear and tear.. plus it was 30k on the clock and any car would need pad replacement at this time. rest I dont expect a less than two years old Japanese car to give any problem... considering the fact that its still in mint condition..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
thats was good management. for the windscreen, how did it happen ? did something hit your windshield ? also, you may check some vendors like windshield experts !, they also help you with insurance (if you want to claim for this)
Thanx amit.. plus I will look for the windscreen with after market vendors if at all I need to.. hope the cracks wont widen.. its been around 3 weeks and they are still the same..I dont think claiming insurance would be worth it as I will be loosing on my 20% no-claim bonus..around 5k. Also I think I may get the wind screen at Khan market..people up there can arrange for the S-Class windscreen so they can for cedia as well.. though I know there are more S-Class in Delhi than Cedia

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th August 2009 at 15:17.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:18   #39
BHPian

Congrats dude! Great car and an even greater deal. A 1.5 year old Cedia for 5 lacs! thanks to its poor resale!
Old 7th December 2009, 15:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Second Cedia in the family!

My cousin brother who is a Marine engineer wanted to buy a car which he can use for 3 to 4 months in a year, when he comes home in vacations. Since, we have a strong belief in used car market; we wanted to buy a second hand car. My brother still being a learner didn’t want to spend more than 3 lac ruppes on the car. So, we had optra and fiesta on the books. Since they already have a lancer in family, we didn’t consider it.

My brother was always reluctant to drive my car as it’s almost new and he being a learner didn’t have enough confidence to drive it. But one day he did and went totally crazy. The first thing he said was “I don’t have to down shift the gear, the torque is just too good”. Plus I don’t need to explain the driving pleasure of this car, which forced my cousin to shift his decision to Cedia.

We started looking for the car and got it within a month with a dealer in Ashok Vihar. The Black beauty with Evo stickers, wider tyres and 16” rims looked wicked as soon as we saw it and we were sold for it.

The car is 58k driven, has brand new Good year 205/55/R16 tyres, Pioneer motorized headset, JBL speakers (front and rear), pioneer sub, a sony Xplod amplifier and TS20 tweeters. We got the car checked at Asian Motors and the only thing reported was the painted rear bumper. The owner initially was asking for 5.5lac (It was his son’s car) and never wanted to sell it under the tag. Thanks to the dealer who made him realize that the resale is bad and what he is getting is probably a few grand extra for the black colour and the accessories.

We started from 3.75lac and went all the way up till 4.25lac and that was our last quote. The dealer managed to convince the owner and we paid 4.25lac for the car and 10k commission to the dealer. All inclusive the car has costed us about 4.5lac, 60k service, brake pads, and bits and pieces.

The black looks wicked from every angle, especially the alloys and wider tyres! The best part is also the worse part of this car. With wider and bigger tyres the car handles like anything and on bad roads the car is a bit too bumpy.

Please excuse the quality of pictures as they are taken from mobile camera. Also the car was not clean when I took the snaps, so it looks a bit dull. Alloys also look a bit dull being dirty, when clean they look wicked!
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-1.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-2.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-5.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-6.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-05122009144.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-05122009145.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-05122009148.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-05122009149.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-05122009150.jpg  

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th December 2009 at 15:29.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey! thats a nice looking Cedia. The Evo IX sticker is a little deceptive though. So a white and a black huh ? Red one looks the best IMHO!! Congrats nevertheless. Cheers!
Old 7th December 2009, 15:30   #42
BHPian

congrats gaurav... so now you can easily take a chance of tuning atleast one of the two Cedias.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

thanx.. guys.. Just forgot to add.. its a 2006 model.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

It has been seven months and over 14 thousand kilometres living with this incredible machine. A head turner in every way, considering the fact that most people on the road, even after 4 years of its launch don’t know that a car named Cedia exist. So obviously when they see a pristine white on the road, they tend to wonder which car exactly is this.

During these seven months, I have taken her to Amritsar, Ludhiana, Chandigarh and Shimla. I have hit a maximum of 190kms on panipat toll.

I have driven it hard on good roads such as Delhi-Gurgaon highway (shuu..even though I have cedia, travelling to Sohna Road from west delhi every day is a menace), Shanti path, and areas around chanakya puri. I have also tested the suspension on a few bad patched roads. The suspension set up is amazing, you may fell it to be a bit bumpy on uneven roads but increase the speed and you will start enjoying, the car is very stable unlike other cars which throw you around on uneven surface. But for maintaining the suspension setup, I try to go as slow as possible on bad roads, sometimes with even a rickshaw overtaking me. I know the car’s suspension gives me an advantage to be the fastest among all on bad roads but what’s the point abusing it. All in all, the car has never let me down.

Last week, I got my Cedia serviced at Asian Motors. It was 36.2k kms on the clock, and was time for 40k service. Last service was done at 26.4k kms. The service including anti rust quoting which I opted for, costed me Rs. 10,955/-

Engine Plushing- 506.66
Oil Filter- 126.21
Ail Filter- 304.88
Fuel system clean- 2000
Brake oil- 213.33
Power steering oil- 316.66
Anti Rust Coating- 2,666.99 (after discount of 833.45)
Engine Oil- 623.81
Spark Plug- 984.85
Coolant- 493.3

Labour- 1,500
Parts total- 8,236.7
Service Tax- 154.5
Vat on parts- 823.7
Vat on oil and lubricants- 239.38
Grand total: 10,955

I also got the wind shield changed, which costed around Rs12k. Got insurance claim and had to pay around 1k, I believe file charges.

I also extended the warranty for 1 year (that’s max one can extend) in October 2009, for which I had to pay Rs7.5k.

Some niggling issues such as slight rattle in dash board which comes from beyond the glove box, and screeching noise from driver seat beat have been addressed a few times by the service center but they again come back in couple of weeks. I believe the only way to ignore them is to listen to the music at decent volume.

Rest it is a pleasure driving this car and also sometimes smoking other cars. The car still looks pristine from outside, as I have been able manage well to avoid stratches. Will post pics in the evening.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 12th December 2009 at 12:13.
Old 7th February 2010, 10:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yokohama S Drives 205/55/R15

My cedia now has about 43k kms on the clock. On Wednesday morning on my way to office, there was a jam on Sohna road (Gurgaon), so I had to do some offroading to get to the office, took a slip way (people in gurgaon may know what offroading is from within construction sites). So I took the slip way and managed to get to office. At around 10:30 in the moring , the guard in the basement parking came to say that my car's tyre is puncture. In the evening before I left the office, I changed the tyre with the stephaney and saw that the side wall of my puncture tyre was ripped.

Got the tyre checked at the tyre shop and was told that it cannot be repaired. Of the 5 tyres in my car, the stephaney was almost new and one tyre was still in good condition, good enough to run another 10k kms. However, the three remining tyres just had another 4-5k kms life left. Hence I decided to get my car tyre's changed. I had been planning to change them for a while but was waiting for some moolah. (My dad had booked a swift diesel and all our money was going there to increase the amount of downpayment as much as possible, we just love the non-emi life, however the decision is now put on hold till we see the polo)

So I decided to get the tyre changed and got a quotation of Rs.4600/- per tyre for Yokohama S Drives 205/55/R15 from a dealer near my place. Got quotations from a couple of more dealers to the rate was Rs.100 + or -. So went for it.

I have always loved the the Yokohamas and was earlier planning the the advans I believe the 205/55/R15 is only available in AD08 Neova (If I am not wrong), secondly when I met a representative of Yokohama (dont remember his name) in autoexpo, he told me that he has the advans on his civic and the tyres over perform. He recommened me the S drives and hence I decided to go for Yokohama S Drives.

The car's handling as well as braking has improved staggeringly, body roll has reduced a lot. I am just loving the feel of these new tyres. Tried it up to 140 yesterday and the car was stuck to the ground, increadible is the word. I must say that since I have a heavy foot, I dont like many tyres, I have just loved the S drives. Innitially I was a bit doubtful for cedia being a heavy car but the tyres are great for cedia.

Just one Problem, on bad patches the feel in the steering from the wheels has increased but that I believe is a trait of the S drives. The cushion isnt vey soft for Sports drive

Please find some pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0141.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0143.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0144.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0145.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0146.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0147.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0148.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0149.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0151.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0152.jpg  

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th February 2010 at 11:06.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks