Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 11:56   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Xenon XT 4x2

Hi All,
I saw a gorgeous Xenon the other day in Bangalore, quite beautifully done up, sadly i couldn't take a picture. The truck bed had a coating on it (black in color, looked plasticky/rubberised). Does anybody have any idea where such work is carried out? On the net I saw a company called Linex, but guess they don't have a presence here in India. Any info would be nice.

Cheers
Old 30th June 2011, 13:31   #152
BHPian

Have you enquired at Concorde? When the vehicle was on display, both Concorde and Prerana mentiond about fixing bed liner as an official accessory. Have seen this on display vehicles also.

Viju
vijuvarghese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 14:26   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Hi All,
I saw a gorgeous Xenon the other day in Bangalore, quite beautifully done up, sadly i couldn't take a picture. The truck bed had a coating on it (black in color, looked plasticky/rubberised). Does anybody have any idea where such work is carried out? On the net I saw a company called Linex, but guess they don't have a presence here in India. Any info would be nice.

Cheers
The truck bed coating you are referring seems to be the bedliner. If yes, this is available with Concorde motors and costs about 10K. I have one on my Xenon, but do not have a picture at the moment. I agree the quality of plastic is not of great quality and it heats up pretty fast too.
Pardus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 21:43   #154
BHPian

Has anyone thought of shoe-horning the Aria's dashboard into the Xenon? I might come as a noob asking the question, but seriously how difficult can it be swapping the dashboards on these 2 cars, especially given all the talent we have NOW available to us in India ( a la Autopsyche, Allan et all.)
Old 16th September 2011, 15:27   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretooth911 View Post
you like it.. Just go for it!!!

hi guys,

i also want to buy the Xenon XT EX 4x2 but the rear leg room is holding me back. (as i haven't seen it.)

so can any one of you take some pic's of rear legroom with drivers & passengers seats pulled back till end.

thanks in advance.

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:05   #156

Re: Pics

GKS

can you please give your contact details??
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS
First of all let me say I am still in love with my beast, over the past year we have completed 30,000kms. And this is my summery of our first anniversary.

6)Night vision was real poor but now with wider tires the problem is fixed.

Will update the rest later (fuel consumption/total cost involved etc) soon.
Your Xenon is definitely a looker, GKS. Didn't get what you meant by wider tyres improving the night-vision?

Do let us know your ownership experience updates, whether the new beading at the rear solved the leakage problems, and your overall cost of ownership.
Old 20th August 2012, 19:21   #158
BHPian

Cross posting from here for another attempt at finding answers:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2876478

I'm looking at buying a pre-owned Xenon 4x2. The truck will be used mainly as a farm vehicle, with family/lifestyle bits thrown in now and then, besides being the primary means to commute to the farm, about 100km away. No plans for off-roading save for the mud-roads/trails in the farm environment.

I may close a deal at about 5L for a 2009 model/2010 bought truck done 20,000+ km so far. This has the 2.2 DiCor engine with no ABS/Airbags.

The owner says everything's mechanically and cosmetically fine with the truck, except that it suffers from uneven front tyre wear despite a regular wheel alignment schedule.

I've never owned a Tata vehicle before, and having read and heard plenty of horror stories, I cant help wondering a little, especially since I'm buying pre-owned. Please help with these questions, all inputs most welcome:

1. Is this a fair price?

2. What should I look out for in a pre-owned Tata truck? (Engine/Electricals/Suspension etc.)

3. What should I worry about on a more or less regular basis?

4. What are typical maintenance/service costs? Periodic or otherwise?

6. What fuel efficiency can one expect? The owner claims 16/12 for highway/city use. Is this accurate?

7. Is the availability of spares an issue?

8. Anything else I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st August 2012, 13:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

My answers below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post

1. Is this a fair price?
I would say yes

2. What should I look out for in a pre-owned Tata truck? (Engine/Electricals/Suspension etc.)
Everything!

3. What should I worry about on a more or less regular basis?
If it has been maintained properly, 20K Kms are just about running-in a diesel engine. So you shouldn't need to worry much about it.

4. What are typical maintenance/service costs? Periodic or otherwise?
Xenon has 15K Kms service interval. The usual oil, filters et al
6. What fuel efficiency can one expect? The owner claims 16/12 for highway/city use. Is this accurate?
I think they are on the higher as being claimed. I would say 10KMPL city and about 12-15 depending upon driving style on the highway

7. Is the availability of spares an issue?
Certain cosmetic body parts YES! Or well it was till sometime back. However with the launch of Xenon Dicor, more numbers are being seen on road. So I guess spares issue will get resolved.
8. Anything else I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Note From Team-BHP Support-Staff: Please read the announcements on the correct method of posting / replying to posts. Use the MULTI-QUOTE option.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th October 2012 at 01:48. Reason: see note in post :)
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:41   #160
GKS
BHPian

its been a while since I posted something here but a full 50,000kms report coming soon. But first let me start with answers for the questions below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
1. Is this a fair price?
Price is just right and always keep in mind you are buying a Multi Utility Vehicle. Where ever and whenever you come out of a Xenon heads are going to turn.

Quote:
What should I look out for in a pre-owned Tata truck? (Engine/Electricals/Suspension etc.)
Well hard to say but my personnel opinion is to check everything and check again epically the engine and the suspensions.

Quote:
What should I worry about on a more or less regular basis?
Electrical system is a real pain

Quote:
What are typical maintenance/service costs? Periodic or otherwise?
Very minimal you will be surprised when you see the actual cost of driving my beast for 50K kms on Indian roads.

Quote:
What fuel efficiency can one expect? The owner claims 16/12 for highway/city use. Is this accurate?
To be more precise its actually 12 to 14

Quote:
Is the availability of spares an issue?
Its a real big hassle, but with Xenon going to be released soon(if not already)for Indian market that issue will be solved.

Quote:
Anything else I should be looking for.
Nothing really, but there are couple of issues which will be advised soon.

Note From Team-BHP Support-Staff: Please read the announcements on the correct method of posting / replying to posts. Use the MULTI-QUOTE option.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2012 at 10:56. Reason: see note in post :)
Old 1st May 2013, 23:43   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
its been a while since I posted something here but a full 50,000kms report coming soon. [/b]
Friend, please do make some time to write and post the 50,000 Km report.
Old 29th November 2020, 23:55   #162

Well, I have a 4x4 xenon, 2013 model, bought in Jan 2014. Its done about 50k km now. Its modified and fitted with platform bike racks and a towing bracket to tow my 1tonne army surplus trailer.

Looking forward to getting a winch fitted and maybe opening the cabin a bit to increase the leg room in the rear.

If any one is doing anything on those lines, please do ping me too.

Regards
Rosewarrior_101

Most Viewed