Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 00:35   #46
BHPian

I know the ways of these vehicle dealers, friend, since my location is at Alappuzha. I am a Lawyer and yes, you can file a suit for compensation for the deficiency in service committed by them before the Consumer Disputes Reddressal Forum,Pathanamthitta.The expenses are minimal and you yourself can contest the suit, without engaging a professional Lawyer.If you have any querries, feel free to contact me( my services to a Team BHPian will be absolutely free, Ha, Ha)
Old 9th August 2009, 07:15   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sorry to hear your woes. Kottayam has two dealers. Tata has different ratings for different dealers. Kulathungal motors in Kottayam is supposed to be the highest/much higher rated dealer.

But in general, outside of the big cities like Cochin/TVM the Tata dealers in medium/small towns aren't that great since they mostly sell the lower end offerings from Tata.
Old 10th August 2009, 22:24   #48
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
I know the ways of these vehicle dealers, friend, since my location is at Alappuzha. I am a Lawyer and yes, you can file a suit for compensation for the deficiency in service committed by them before the Consumer Disputes Reddressal Forum,Pathanamthitta.The expenses are minimal and you yourself can contest the suit, without engaging a professional Lawyer.If you have any querries, feel free to contact me( my services to a Team BHPian will be absolutely free, Ha, Ha)

Thanks I appreciate your advise will go thru with it.
Old 11th August 2009, 03:25   #49
BHPian

Best of luck with the suit GKS.
Old 11th August 2009, 08:44   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post

1 Brake lights dose not work
2 Broken ashtray lid

4 Roof grab handle fixed upside down
5 Stopwatch iso analogue clock
@GKS, very sad to hear about your encounter with the Tata after sales service. Were they able to fix the issues mentioned above?
Old 11th August 2009, 22:55   #51
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
@GKS, very sad to hear about your encounter with the Tata after sales service. Were they able to fix the issues mentioned above?
I think the name TATA suits, buy the car and they say Ta Ta,. About the issues 1,2,4 & 5 fixed but one thing about the clock, it works fine, can see it during the day time but unfortunately I need to have a torch light to see the time/clock during the night. Will check with the other Safari owners if I am wrong.

The tailgate paint will be done once I give the beast for putting my bed liner, as per TATA bed liner and canopy can go together so I have decided to put both together.

It should take maximum 3 days as per TATA
Old 11th August 2009, 23:00   #52
GKS
BHPian

Owenership report coming up soon

Have done 2000+ kms with my beast, will be posing a detailed report no later than thursday August 2009.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GKS thats one Hunk you got there.

Sorry to hear your delivery and service woes. This is typical of Tata dealership.
I would recommend to nuke them at consumer forum and also try to test other Tata workshops. I had to deal with ninny managers at Tata dealerships before I settled for one good workshop.

Enjoy the beast and write about it more.

Cheers!
Old 12th August 2009, 23:05   #54
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Congrats GKS thats one Hunk you got there.

Sorry to hear your delivery and service woes. This is typical of Tata dealership.
I would recommend to nuke them at consumer forum and also try to test other Tata workshops. I had to deal with ninny managers at Tata dealerships before I settled for one good workshop.

Enjoy the beast and write about it more.

Cheers!
I am purposely delaying the initial owners report, because as I said earlier I was in love with this beast before I got hold of her. Just waiting for the honeymoon phase to get over. I already drafted about the good things and will post all along with the -ve points(if any) asap.
Old 12th August 2009, 23:11   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have done 2000+ kms with my beast, will be posing a detailed report no later than thursday August 2009.
Waiting for your detailed ownership report. I will be relying heavily on such reports from tbhpians to finalise whether I should go for this truck or not once I go back to India.
Old 13th August 2009, 06:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Beast!

GKS, you have got an awesome beast there mate. Both me and my wife were smitten by the Xenon, but due to indifferent attitude of the dealer went for the Bolero.

Like others I'm also looking forward to your ownership review.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2009, 07:45   #57
SMK
BHPian

GKS,

Today is thursday and as you promised, waiting for the detailed ownership report on the beast! I was smitten by the look of the car and was looking in different websites for the details about this car. I found the details only in this forum and would love to read more about it!
Old 17th August 2009, 11:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am purposely delaying the initial owners report, because as I said earlier I was in love with this beast before I got hold of her. Just waiting for the honeymoon phase to get over. I already drafted about the good things and will post all along with the -ve points(if any) asap.
And I hope your honeymoon never ends but we want to know more.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:39   #59
evo
BHPian

Great looking Car! The Chrome bumper looks very old school american pickup, very cool.

Pity about the rubbish dealers, I hope they quickly get the canopy organised.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:49   #60
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, what would be the max load the bay would be able to take? am asking in the practical sense, not the specifed max load weight. at present we load up our 207 single cab to roughly 2.5 tons regurarly, would the xenon be able to take a ton? say after a change of tyres? also are there any radial load bearing tyres available in the market?

Last edited by aadix : 19th August 2009 at 15:51.

Most Viewed