Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 15:09   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: 133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Please enlighten me on what Civic FD stands for.
FD is part of the chassis number of 8th generation Civic.
The series FA, FN and FD points to the 8th generation Civic from American, European and Japanses Domestic market (JDM) models.

Our Civic's VIN number would start like: MAKFD;
MAK - Honda India
FD - 8th generation JDM model.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 17:51   #287
BHPian

Amazing mods there! Love them. I was also considering the head lamp kits. Would appretiate some feedback on the performance of these after market headlamps. How good are they when it comes to light throw and spread when compared to stock?

Also, The iphone cable that you're using to mirror your display to the headunit, Does that work with all the pioneer double dins?
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 09:30   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Amazing mods there! Love them. I was also considering the head lamp kits. Would appretiate some feedback on the performance of these after market headlamps. How good are they when it comes to light throw and spread when compared to stock?

Also, The iphone cable that you're using to mirror your display to the headunit, Does that work with all the pioneer double dins?
Thanks. performance of this aftermarket headlamp is comparable to the stock one. but it does come with projector and I have HID on both high and low. the spread is bit poor I think, possibly needs to re-adjust the angle.

the iphone cable - I have no idea if that would work on all pioneer units. guess, for new units, it should be compatible.
Old 17th June 2014, 09:45   #289
BHPian

Very nice civic. I really like what you have done here.

On a side note how and where did u get the roll up screens for the side windows done? Would like to get the same thing for my car too
Old 26th August 2015, 13:35   #290
Senior - BHPian

My Civic is 6 years old, with 42K kms on the odo. Just driven 3-4K kms in the last year. Mechanically, nothing to report. It just works just like any other JDM car is supposed to be.

However, the driver door lower edges developed some rust because the paint has worn off due to friction with the door sill guard. Being 6 years old and I intend to keep it for the next 4-5 years, I decided to inspect the underbody for any corrosion. There were few patches of corrosion here and there, especially in the perforated area (ones with the small holes). I decided to do a total underbody anti-corrosion treatment along with special paint protection for the exhaust pipes. Took around 6 hrs in 3M car care, including 2 hrs of interior/upholstery dry cleaning. This is my first time taking my car to 3M centre. Touch wood, this indeed aids to sound deadening in that I feel a lot difference in audio quality (it sounds crisper and tighter than before). Outside noise were already well contained with the dampening of all the doors. But with the underbody coating, its even quieter then ever.

Also did a full repaint of the body kits/skirts. Went with a few subtle changes like the lower rubber lip for the front bumper/skirt, original Mugen sill guard, tow hook (purple), extended lug nuts (light weight aluminium) JDM D1 spec, and original Mugen visor (yet to be installed). Also notice, got the mugen RR fenders for all 4 wheel arcs for wide body looks.

Many a times, I had been asked if this is a new model from Honda, or is it the same car from Tarzan the wonder car I can't blame them, my Civic looks like it was just driven out of the showroom, even after 6 years of ownership.

Some few pics:

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0578001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0470001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0502001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0593.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0521001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0543001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0577001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0579001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0588001.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc_0586001.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 26th August 2015 at 13:43.
iTNerd is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks