Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 19:56   #151
Senior - BHPian

Rehman, she looks A W E S O M E - Enjoy your baby mate!
Cheers.
Old 31st January 2010, 20:05   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Your white Civic is absolute drool-maal now. Congrats. The car begs for an alloy + tyre upsize, don't you think?
Old 1st February 2010, 14:20   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ppl! No alloys in the immediate present, but yes, would love to put up white 17" alloys.. will hunt soon..

Here are more pics taken during the day...

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-2.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-1.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-3.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-4.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-5.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-6.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 1st February 2010 at 14:34.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2010, 14:28   #154
Senior - BHPian

She is B E A U T I F U L Rehman!
Shall wait for the 17" alloys (but won't that make the ride unbearably hard?).
Cheers.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:52   #155
Senior - BHPian

She is drop-dead gorgeous to say the least ! Fantastic mate ! Congrats.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:14   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Thanks ppl! No alloys in the immediate present, but yes, would love to put up white 17" alloys.. will hunt soon..

Here are more pics taken during the day...

Attachment 279026

Attachment 279025

Attachment 279027

Attachment 279028

Attachment 279029

Attachment 279030

She is absolute bliss of a BEAUTY now !!! enjoy cruising her mate, BTW how much did the overall make up cost and also provide the breakup
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:20   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
She is B E A U T I F U L Rehman!
Shall wait for the 17" alloys (but won't that make the ride unbearably hard?).
Cheers.
Thanks Kurush! With 17", the ride will certainly be harsher, but I guess won't be that bad.. anyway, will soon start a thread on the choice and pros/cons on upgrading to 17"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
She is drop-dead gorgeous to say the least ! Fantastic mate ! Congrats.
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
She is absolute bliss of a BEAUTY now !!! enjoy cruising her mate, BTW how much did the overall make up cost and also provide the breakup
Thanks!

Breakup of all accessories so far:

Mugen kit 2009 ABS quality - Rs. 9K
Dupont paint of the kit - Rs. 5K
Mugen rear spoiler - Rs. 13K
JDM Red Honda Type R Emblem Set - Rs. 2K
Fog lights - Rs. 3K
Rear parking sensors - Rs. 5K
Rubber mats - Rs. 1700
Door Sill Garnish - Rs. 700
3M films - Rs. 4500
iPod Classic 160 GB - 14K
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 19:01   #158
Senior - BHPian

Hard 2nd gear shifting in my Civic 2009

On my Civic 2009 Manual, I am facing a strange gear issue.. the 2nd gear seem hard to shift when starting for the day, but then begins to shift better while it warms up. At times when I shift, it's smooth but also other times it does feel notchy. Does it seem like I have a problem or is it common?
Old 8th February 2010, 19:07   #159
BHPian

I think it is perfectly normal, my baleno reverse gear does not engage properly when it is cold, i have to engage the first gear & get the car to move ahead and the engage reverse.

But i have also heard from my mechanic that a weak clutch could make gear shift difficult.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:13   #160
BHPian

What reading do you have on your odo? Do you mostly drive in the city? The shifts will keep getting better with use.

Some advice based on my experience: Adjust your seating position to be a tad closer to the clutch. Engaging the Civic's clutch all the way to the floor has helped me getting excellent and quick shifts whenever I want.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
What reading do you have on your odo? Do you mostly drive in the city? The shifts will keep getting better with use.

Some advice based on my experience: Adjust your seating position to be a tad closer to the clutch. Engaging the Civic's clutch all the way to the floor has helped me getting excellent and quick shifts whenever I want.
Its pretty new, just 3 months old.. 3500 kms on the odo.. I will try to adjust the seat closer so that I can press the clutch all the way and shift and see if it helps.. but I am sure it would be a tad uncomfortable position...

I also asked the service supervisor in 2nd service, and informed me that its normal for a Honda to a bit of hard 2nd and rear gears.. says, its a trait for any VTEC engine.. how true is that?
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 20:10   #162
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry the Civic ages gracefully. It gets better with age. The gearshifts, engine refinement, low end torque, I've seen all this becoming the best around the 10k mark.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:15   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Don't worry the Civic ages gracefully. It gets better with age. The gearshifts, engine refinement, low end torque, I've seen all this becoming the best around the 10k mark.
Very true. I could not agree with you more on this

Quote:
Its pretty new, just 3 months old.. 3500 kms on the odo.. I will try to adjust the seat closer so that I can press the clutch all the way and shift and see if it helps.. but I am sure it would be a tad uncomfortable position...

I also asked the service supervisor in 2nd service, and informed me that its normal for a Honda to a bit of hard 2nd and rear gears.. says, its a trait for any VTEC engine.. how true is that?
Actually it will not be. Use the height adjustment and seat back rest adjustment to your advantage after bringing your seat a little in the front.

VTEC engine hard in 2nd gear? That's the first I have ever heard of this.
Old 9th February 2010, 21:45   #164
BHPian

Quote:
typical answer one would expect from any dealer.

Does it happen irrespective of speed or at any particular speed (in 2nd gear)? Observe the behavior while shifting down/up to 2nd at various speeds. Manual talks about speed range for each gear. Check the behavior at the 2 end points. If the problem occurs near the end points only, we can start suspecting the synchro of the tranny and get it checked.

Like others have said, try depressing the clutch fully and see.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:06   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Actually it will not be. Use the height adjustment and seat back rest adjustment to your advantage after bringing your seat a little in the front.
I adjusted the seat bringing it forward and adjusting the height, so that I was able to press the clutch fully when shifting.. but inspite of fully pressed, I still find slotting the second gear hard. often, it won't slot in the first attempt.. so I had to try a second time.. And I can confirm, this only happens when using the car for the first few kilometers of the day, and that too, in the particular rough roads where there are some speed breakers, which I had to take daily to reach the express way.. And I have no idea why it does not happen during the rest of the day.. I hope it gets better with more miles on the odo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Does it happen irrespective of speed or at any particular speed (in 2nd gear)? Observe the behavior while shifting down/up to 2nd at various speeds. Manual talks about speed range for each gear. Check the behavior at the 2 end points. If the problem occurs near the end points only, we can start suspecting the synchro of the tranny and get it checked.

Like others have said, try depressing the clutch fully and see.
It usually happens when I am trying to negotiate a speed breaker, and the speed must be around 5-15 kmph.. When shifting up and down to 2nd at varying speed, I don't have this problem, that is, the shifting is butter smooth, if I may describe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks