Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 12:49   #121
BHPian

Hi iTNerd,
I plan to buy a civic 2010 model soon, Can you answer below questions for me
1. You mentioned tyres upgrade, was it directly out of showroom ? Did the dealer agree to take the stock tyres and give you michelin primacy lc 205/65/R15 ? if so what was the price difference he asked ?
2. Can you post some door handle pictures for S-MT ? per honda there is no chrome lining in door handles in S-MT, just wanted to see how handles look in S-MT ?
3. the Type-R rear sproiler when you enquired are they available in different colors, i plan to buy polished metal metallic, also do you know the external cost of rear sprolier similar to the one which honda sells on civic(i guess honda charges 20K for rear sprolier)
4. when you met the dealer did you ask when 2010 models will become available ? any idea from your experience ?
5. Do you know if the dealer where you bought accesories in Delhi has any branches/shops in Bangalore ?
6. Did you do any more upgrades ( pedals etc) ?
7. Can you connect a USB pen drive in to the USB port & play music from pen drive ?
thanks in advance for your inputs and belated congratulations on you new car, have a safe drive.
Old 5th January 2010, 15:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi iTNerd,
I plan to buy a civic 2010 model soon, Can you answer below questions for me
Congrats on your decision!

Quote:
1. You mentioned tyres upgrade, was it directly out of showroom ? Did the dealer agree to take the stock tyres and give you michelin primacy lc 205/65/R15 ? if so what was the price difference he asked ?
Yes, directly out of showroom. And yes, any tyres dealer would agree to take back the stock tyres.. I got the bridgestones, and the dealer bought it back at 3700 bucks per tyre.. and I paid 8000 bucks extra for the Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15.

Quote:
2. Can you post some door handle pictures for S-MT ? per honda there is no chrome lining in door handles in S-MT, just wanted to see how handles look in S-MT ?
Yes, there is no chrome in the door handle.. personally, I don't like too much of chrome and I love the body colored handles (same is used in the mugen RR and Type R versions available elsewhere)

Quote:
3. the Type-R rear sproiler when you enquired are they available in different colors, i plan to buy polished metal metallic, also do you know the external cost of rear sprolier similar to the one which honda sells on civic(i guess honda charges 20K for rear sprolier)
BTW, mine is the Type R mugen spoiler and it comes with the black carbon fibre insert, and it came painted with white as default. I got it for 13K. But I know another accessories dealer had the bare bone spoiler without paint or black carbon fibre insert, in which case, they will paint it according to the color of your car.

The spoiler that Honda sells is the modolu version and outside, you will get it for 3K-5K bucks only..

Quote:
4. when you met the dealer did you ask when 2010 models will become available ? any idea from your experience ?
I got it in October, so it was the 2009 model.. If you buy now, you can insist of 2010 models else, you can bargain on the 2009 model.

Quote:
5. Do you know if the dealer where you bought accesories in Delhi has any branches/shops in Bangalore ?
Nope. But they will be happy to deliver it to your address in bangalore. You can get lot of Civics's accessories such as mugen/Type R body kits, red logos etc. from Performance Zone, delhi (http://www.performancezone.co.in)

Quote:
6. Did you do any more upgrades ( pedals etc) ?
Yes, fog lamps, rubber mats, rear parking sensors etc. (awaiting pedals though)

Quote:
7. Can you connect a USB pen drive in to the USB port & play music from pen drive ?
thanks in advance for your inputs and belated congratulations on you new car, have a safe drive.
Yes, you can! I connect my iPod classic and the functionalities is seamless.
Old 7th January 2010, 08:58   #123
BHPian

Hey thanks iTNerd for the valuable inputs...
Old 7th January 2010, 09:13   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
How does switching on the headlights help to avoid being detected?
It's just an urban legend.

The handheld detectors the cops use in India are top of the line LIDARs. You need a detector with laser detection and jamming and they are not cheap. Around 800USD for a good one.
Old 15th January 2010, 00:51   #125
Senior - BHPian

Red H badges

Just installed the red Honda H badges on front and back

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 5250
Size:  67.7 KB

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-back.jpg
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 01:42   #126
Senior - BHPian

@iTNerd: How much did these cost you and was this a DIY job ? They look good but personally, I prefer the original ones though.
Old 15th January 2010, 09:24   #127
Senior - BHPian

Hello iTNerd,
The red badges look great, especially on a white car - did you get them from Yathrath and how much?
Did you fit them yourself? If yes how?
Have a super weekend!
Cheers
Old 15th January 2010, 10:33   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@iTNerd: How much did these cost you and was this a DIY job ? They look good but personally, I prefer the original ones though.
2500 bucks for both (after a hard bargain). Its a DIY job, but I didn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hello iTNerd,
The red badges look great, especially on a white car - did you get them from Yathrath and how much?
Did you fit them yourself? If yes how?
Have a super weekend!
Cheers
Thanks Kurush! Yes, I got them from Yathrath.
Old 17th January 2010, 06:54   #129
BHPian

wow great progress, and you're having piles of fun it looks like!
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:55   #130

Congrats on your new CIVIC mate . Even I'm purchasing the same model with same color next week :P . Looking forward to post pictures and share my experience on the forum after I get it .
A few questions -
1. How come you're getting an average of 14 kmpl ? One of my closest friend drives a 2008 civic and he's getting an average of 7-8 kmpl . He's a great driver and never drives at high speed , maybe because of the short distant trips he takes . 14 on the other hand is hell amazing. How do the new tyres lead to a better FE ? I'm not an experienced player so I hope you can help me out . FE is the most important factor for me .
2. You must be having the fabric Upholstery , aren't you going for the leather one's? I think you should go for those as they look very classy and comfortable . That's the first thing I plan to do when i buy my 1.8 S .
3. Where did you get the rear parking sensors installed from? Honda or local accessories shop ? The guy at honda told me that if I get those installed from outside it'll void the honda warranty . Honda one's on the other hand cost 23,000 which is ridiculous . Any solution to that ?
Old 24th January 2010, 12:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj-m View Post
Congrats on your new CIVIC mate . Even I'm purchasing the same model with same color next week :P . Looking forward to post pictures and share my experience on the forum after I get it .
Thanks tanuj-m! And congratulation to you too on your new Civic! Looking forward to hear more on your new car.

Quote:
A few questions -
1. How come you're getting an average of 14 kmpl ? One of my closest friend drives a 2008 civic and he's getting an average of 7-8 kmpl . He's a great driver and never drives at high speed , maybe because of the short distant trips he takes . 14 on the other hand is hell amazing. How do the new tyres lead to a better FE ? I'm not an experienced player so I hope you can help me out . FE is the most important factor for me .
Even if I asked that to myself, I have no specific answer. I stay near the expressway, and my travel comprises of 60%-40% city/expressway.. I drive alone most of the time, and drive sane. As being winter, didn't use ACC all the time.. but I am sure the FE would take a hit in summer.. Additionally, have Michelin Primacy LC and it is thought to be designed to give more mileage (read more here Shhhh? The New Michelin Primacy LC tyre is quieter and saves more fuel! )

Quote:
2. You must be having the fabric Upholstery , aren't you going for the leather one's? I think you should go for those as they look very classy and comfortable . That's the first thing I plan to do when i buy my 1.8 S .
Yes, I do.. the fabric is so comfortable and looks nice.. so at this point, I see no reason to put leather now. Once I put leather, the stock fabrics are of no use.. so, I would wait for a few years before the fabrics get kaput to put leather..

Quote:
3. Where did you get the rear parking sensors installed from? Honda or local accessories shop ? The guy at honda told me that if I get those installed from outside it'll void the honda warranty . Honda one's on the other hand cost 23,000 which is ridiculous . Any solution to that ?
I got it installed from the honda dealer only. Its a non-honda accessory, and costed me 5K. ( I am sure it would be cheaper outside, but just to avoid the threat of warranty getting void, got it from the dealer with Bill/receipt). Insist your dealer that you want a cheaper/non-honda parking sensors and I am sure they will get one for you. If that does not materialize, go to any other honda dealer and get it installed from there.. as long as you get the bill/receipt, you won't lose any warranty..

Last edited by iTNerd : 24th January 2010 at 12:14.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

body kit soon!

2nd free service (3 months) done today! And finally, I have decided on the body kit as well, which would be installed by the weekend . It is directly imported from Thailand and ABS material. Same kit as in this black 09 civic:

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-black_mugen09_1.jpg

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-black_mugen09_2.jpg
Old 25th January 2010, 12:50   #133
BANNED

how much is the kit ? and what about the rim upgrade ?
Old 25th January 2010, 13:08   #134
Senior - BHPian

Not to forget the Momo pedals ! Have you got them installed bro ?
Old 25th January 2010, 13:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
how much is the kit ? and what about the rim upgrade ?
9K for the raw ABS kits + 5K for dupont paiting. I guess the 17" alloys will be the next major upgrade (in 2-3 months I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Not to forget the Momo pedals ! Have you got them installed bro ?
I have not been able to source momo pedals specific to Civic. So, I have decided on the Mugen pedals. Unfortunately, my dealer guy didn't know that I have a manual, and he got the pedals for Auto instead. So, still waiting for it..

BTW, this is what I want:
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-mugen_pedal.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks