Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 15:28   #31
BHPian

What i know is that the A/T model reduces the FE of the car ..! so it would not be economical but definitely more easier to drive! considering the condition of the Indian roads.
Old 16th December 2009, 19:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
What i know is that the A/T model reduces the FE of the car ..! so it would not be economical but definitely more easier to drive! considering the condition of the Indian roads.
A/T is the way to go forward especially in urban bumper to bumper traffic. The pricing will become reasonable once large urban buyers get A/T from large Indian auto manufacturers such as Tata and M&M etc.

Manufacturers also must offer A/T as option on mid variants too as A/T is no more luxury but a necessitiy these days.

Sorry for being OT.

Last edited by harimakesh : 16th December 2009 at 19:34.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:01   #33
BHPian

@ indigo .... whats your mileage you are getting these days??
Old 18th December 2009, 14:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks don_carmaster and vijaythacker.

The Gear Lever vibrates when the car is at idle rpm and handbrake pulled.
The Tyres are Good in absorbing the shocks from the road. The Suspension is very much Absorbing in nature thanks to Mahindra Engineers Tuning to suit the Bumpy Potholed Indian Roads. But this in turn has affected the Stability of the Xylo at high speed cornering or when speed is more than 30-40kph on bumpy roads.
I likes the Pulling Nature of the M-Eagle Engine which pulls at lower speeds in higher gears thanks to Nice Healthy Torque produced at low rpms. The vehicle pulls from 35-40kph in 4th gear with AC ON.

The Parking Sensors are very helpful to me while Reversing the Mighty Beast in tight areas.

The Music Player does not produce Much BASS even when BASS is kept on Full Setting (10). Anyways its not that bad either.

Yesterday I happened to visit a Substation Site for material delivery.
We arranged a Tata 407 for Heavy Boxes. Then we told the driver of 407 to go ahead at the site. We told him to go through a kuchcha bypass road since we did not want the 407 to enter the City (Octroi) limits. We (I and one of my employees) were in Xylo. We went by Better Road not by that Kuchcha. I was driving the Xylo and drove the car at 70-80kph since the 407 would come slowly as it was loaded and the road was poor.

I topped up the Diesel and went to that site. The Max speed I intentionally kept was 70-80kph with Frequent slow downs due to Villages and Potholed Roads.

I travelled around 100kms (To that Site and Back). And after coming to Solapur, the Distance-To-Empty was showing 758kms despite travelling 100kms.
I did not check Tankful-To-Tankful. But I guess the Mileage would be around 17-18 at speeds of 70-80kph.

I will definately update the mileage Figures in near future.

Mostly my dad takes the car with the Chaffeur driving it. It is returning around 12-13kpl to that (Chaffeur) driving style.
If I drive, Definately the mileage rises by around 25-30%.

OT
Our Indigo LS (May 2004, 1,78,000kms+) returns me a FE of around 25kpl+ if driven at speeds of 70-80kph.
Old 18th December 2009, 23:14   #35
BHPian

@ indigo: What do you mean by 'affecting the stability'? does it gives jerks or the car feels to tumble
As usual the stock music system have the worst features and average sound quality..One query-How much time does the player takes to read a fully filled mp3 disc?? actually it helps to judge the processor present inside!!
How did you get 17 to 18? the manufacturer claims 13-14.5 on the highway and 11-12 in the city!!
Truly the indigo mileage is amazing!!!
Old 19th December 2009, 14:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

@don.
Stability is affected means when driving on uneven roads (Not Potholed roads) at speeds in excess of 40-50kph, the Xylo shakes sideways due to the Softer Tuning of Rear Suspension.

I dont remember it exactly, but I think the Processor takes around 15-20sec to read a MP3 Disc.

And about FE of Xylo, I will update exact figure once I get chance to take it on a long drive.

The Indigo LS returns FE of 19+kpl with AC ON on highways at speeds of 100-120kph.
The Indigo XL returned FE of 23.4kpl with AC ON on highways at speeds of 100-120kph.
Old 19th December 2009, 14:48   #37
BHPian

Hi sudeep congrats on your new buy. Happy and safe motoring
Old 19th December 2009, 14:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

one thing that i never understand in Xylo was its purple plastics used for glass holder,side pockets.Why the hell in earth did mahindra used this colour, i mean there are quite good numbers of other colours available to use within this car.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
one thing that i never understand in Xylo was its purple plastics used for glass holder,side pockets.Why the hell in earth did mahindra used this colour, i mean there are quite good numbers of other colours available to use within this car.
Beats me too. The colour does not fall in line with any of the interiors.
Old 20th December 2009, 18:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

The Purple Colour is used on Gold Shimmer and some other variants (dont remember correctly). The White Xylos are equipped with Brown (or ight be Black) Colour.

We too were disappointed to see the Purple Colour but thought we will get used to it and bought.

Below is the Picture of Bill of 1st Free Service. Notice the Bill mentions that Oil Filter of Scorpio is fitted to the Xylo.
Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS): Spacious, feature-packed, 8-seater is here. EDIT: 340,000 km up-scorpiofilterfittedtoourxylo.jpg
Cannot the Service Center update the Price of Oil Filter for Xylo in their database?

Tomorrow I am going to Kolhapur. A distance of 250 kms one way. So may be I will update the FE Figures after returning.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 20th December 2009 at 18:22. Reason: Added last paragraph.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:00   #41
BHPian

maybe it is the same for the 2.6 scorpio and 2.5 xylo and so keeping inventory is a lot easier if the name is the same
Old 20th December 2009, 20:10   #42
BHPian

Its a detailed photo shoot man! i like liked it !

Well, did i make a mistake by not buying this and opting for scorpio!
Old 20th December 2009, 22:48   #43
BHPian

nandans. i think the scorpio's mhawk engine is better than its sister the meagle but if you consider the features provided in the xylo then its sure VFM but the xylo has a lot more space than the scorpio!!
Old 21st December 2009, 00:00   #44
BHPian

both are very different cars with their own individual characteristics if you bought a scorpio because you wanted a people mover you will repent but if you wanna give cars a run for the money on our highways the scorpio rocks... ahem not that the xylo will lag far behind either.
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:27   #45
BHPian

Brilliant!!
Many Congratulation for your new Xylo, Great to know that you opted for top-end E8 which is a real buy and yes, those purple cup holder plastics looks odd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks