Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 21:13   #181
BHPian

Congratulations Don Carmaster

Hiya Don.

!! All the good luck!! for your exams.

Hearty Congratulations for the new buy. The beast looks simply so awesome. I agree with Rocky080. Please do not opt for the rear crash guard. Once they lower the beam it shall look really ugly. Hence is the reason I did not opt for it. The front guard looks super cool.

I would like to suggest that you may please choose to opt for the sun films, if not now, sometime later. However please do not settle in for any less that a brand equivalent to a V-Kool 40 or V-Kool 70. It does help keeping the ambience of the car intact and helps in quicker cooling. It restricts the blaze of the sun to a large extent. in Delhi Heat oh boy ! it shall be a great help.

8KMPL on DDAS is cool. I had 10 when i took my delivery with a 58 Km run. Mine now shows 13 KMPL. . I hope I'm doing a good job.
When you ride your best please do not cross 80 KM/hr and dont go beyond 2K RPM. I did that and in 4 weeks my reading jumped from 10 till 13 !!

Hey Don please do post your candid feedback on the delivery on the URL I posted earlier. Even I am yet to post my delivery experience and the 2K feedback. I am just preparing it. Hopefully you shall be posting it by then too. I bet it shall be a great read for our friends

Last edited by Vista : 5th April 2010 at 21:15.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:39   #182
BHPian

Thanks vista for your experienced advice... it feels immense pleasure in driving a vehicle which is above and at par all the cars!!

All the other cars look minuscule and the onlookers keep admiring as i move in my beast!!

will post more photos as i will click them tommorow, will sure include the rear crash guard also..
Till now i have clocked 152 km and smoked out 3 innovas till now!!
Regards
Sahil
Old 5th April 2010, 21:54   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Thanks vista for your experienced advice... it feels immense pleasure in driving a vehicle which is above and at par all the cars!!

All the other cars look minuscule and the onlookers keep admiring as i move in my beast!!

will post more photos as i will click them tommorow, will sure include the rear crash guard also..
Till now i have clocked 152 km and smoked out 3 innovas till now!!
Regards
Sahil
One does feel like being on top of the road. Especially in traffic jams you do not feel strangulated. I believe you must be an experienced driver. However my just 2 more cents on the driving shall be - Once you engage the clutch while being in the 2nd gear to go on to the third what i experienced initially was that the beast leaps forward quite quick and before you engage the third if something comes in front of you it gets liitle dicy. I might have faced this since I have always driven petrol cars with smaller engines. But now I have overcome that feature by having the gear shift at right time.

Additionally while reversing be very careful if there is a pothole in the rear with perhaps a stone not of the height level where the sensors are. once while reversing I almost dropped my rear left tyre into a pot hole with a big stone cuz my sensor didnot pick it.

!! Wierd Experiences !! Just thought would share.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:20   #184
BHPian

hi guys sorry for the late reply. I was really busy yesterday and today.

@don carmaster I am happy you're enjoying your ride but as vista has already mentioned (to maintain 80kmph), hold your horses till your beast is run-in properly before you smoke anybody on the road.
Strange your getting 8kmpl. From the beginning if you maintain an average rpm of around 1900-2000 you should get no less than 12kmpl on the DDAS and if you let it cruise a little without the use of accelerator then it should show about 16kmpl, At-least that's what my DDAS was showing when i bought my beast.Try to keep it under 80-90kmph and see the reading in the DDAS.

I will definitely post pictures of the rear view camera by the weekend as i am busy this whole week.

@vista i faced similar situations like you, so i got the rear view camera installed on my beast it really helps in situations like the one you mentioned.

Last edited by rocky080 : 5th April 2010 at 22:23.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:47   #185
BHPian

i would like to tell you guys that i have not been above 84km/h (as from the ddas) mostly keep the car below 70 and also since i have not yet recieved the RC avoid it taking to the highways....just twice till now, also the traffic of delhi is such a mess that you cant drive above 80!!most of the time i ahve only 3 people in the car

But still even after filling extra mile diesel and taken the rpm only twice above 2000 on the third gear i am getting mileage of 8 on the ddas!!
Hope its not a problem! with sensors!! fingers crossed
Do suggest if anymore measures need to be taken!!
Old 10th April 2010, 00:44   #186
BHPian

Quote:
i would like to tell you guys that i have not been above 84km/h (as from the ddas) mostly keep the car below 70 and also since i have not yet recieved the RC avoid it taking to the highways....just twice till now, also the traffic of delhi is such a mess that you cant drive above 80!!most of the time i ahve only 3 people in the car

But still even after filling extra mile diesel and taken the rpm only twice above 2000 on the third gear i am getting mileage of 8 on the ddas!!
Hope its not a problem! with sensors!! fingers crossed
Do suggest if anymore measures need to be taken!!
Hiya Don, please don worry. It took my beast almost 250 KMs plus for the DDAS reading to jump from 10 to 12kmpl. It should get updated soon at your end.

Please use normal diesel for your beast. The learned from the showroom I got my car have advised me not to go for any treated fuel. They have asked me to strictly go for normal diesel for they say the treated fuels may tend to show a greater average but on the longer run is not good since it contains corrosive substances. I wonder if thats true. However a few other sources told me the same thing.
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:02   #187
BHPian

Hey rocky vista !! where have you been!!
No updates since so long!!
A very funny thing happened , After i bought the beast home, one of my neighbors have bought the same vehicle, same color ,same model,and even same dealer and both of our cars were transported in the same batch!!
But they don't have all the necessary accessories... as it said" ek miyan mein ek hi talwar rehti hai!!"

Regards
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:46   #188
BHPian

Hey don-carmaster sorry have not updted the thread. I was busy with some work and lately have been busy arranging another meet in yercaud.Sorry have not put up the photo of the rear view camera yet will try to do it shortly.

Hey when are you starting your own ownership thread? I am looking forward to reading it. and how is your your beast faring?
Old 24th April 2010, 16:23   #189
BHPian

Quote:
But they don't have all the necessary accessories... as it said" ek miyan mein ek hi talwar rehti hai!!"

Regards
Dear don_carmaster, your front crash guards look cool...which brand is this and please can you provide the details. I am also looking for one for my Xylo.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:04   #190
BHPian

First service review for the xylo

A first service review of the xylo by Raju Alluri:

I got the first service (4 months or 5K, whichever is earlier) done for my xylo last week. The car has roamed about 2.3K so far, not much for the first four months. The clutch needed a bit of tuning and some of the plastic stuff needed refitting (example: The plastic casing that hides the spoiler lamp unit fell off from the rear door.) They also added Gods’ pictures to one of the “Digital Drive Assist” screens. Now I have a wallpaper .

The outside temperature sensor gets stuck at 40C max. Not sure why. May be never tested in temperatures beyond that?

The vehicle is returned in a clean and neat condition. The service took long time (1.5 days) though, primarily because the technicians didn’t do the wallpaper loading prior to this. The cost of service is high too, about Rs 2.2K for engine oil, filter and other parts. Note that this is a free service with no labor charges.

Based on the first four months of driving this beast, it is a very good buy, a total VFM. I really love the AC in the vehicle, 42C external temperatures are easily mitigated while the AC is running at level 2 (out of 4) and is running at AC-Low setting. When I needed immediate cool off (when getting into a open parked car during mid summer day) I used the AC-High for a few short minutes.

I found that the mileage of the vehicle has dropped a bit (according to Digital Drive Assist and during my steady airport trips) recently, but need to double check that after filling the tank to the full.

Check the original review at Raju Alluri’s Personal Blog Blog Archive Xylo first service
Old 28th April 2010, 13:42   #191
BHPian

Hey fincjet

Seems to be a bit late but still congrats on your purchase ..
Could you please post some pics of your beast and reveal the model details??

@rocky.. still awaiting the shots!! I am planning one camera too so please get it done asap!!.. This sunday went out with my dad's phone and clicked almost a hundered shots!! Will post them in some time sorting them out a bit.

Also i have clocked 850 km and going good! The chrome exhaust tip has started to vibrate and creates strange noises when the car is idling!
Need to get it rectified at the ***!
Although the DDAS is still showing mileage of 8 but i did the tankful to tankful method and it returned 9.3
Hope it improves after first service!!

@Vista whats your update??
Old 28th April 2010, 19:54   #192
BHPian

Sorry for the delay in posting pics of the rear view camera but was really busy the last couple of weeks. here are the pics it was taken inside my car shed so please excuse the angle of photos taken will try to get better pics later.

Pic taken from below the bumper
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc00328.jpg
pic taken from top
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc00331.jpg
The camera
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc00327.jpg
The screen
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc00334.jpg
The position of the Screen on the dash
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc00332.jpg
Old 30th April 2010, 09:58   #193
BHPian

Hey Rocky ,
Thanks for the shots..
I also researched a bit of shops in my locality and found a camera which has rear sensors along with a screen that replaces the rear view mirror and costs for about 7000
I will try to search for your model
The camera keeps running all the time or it switches on only during reverse gear??

Where are you planning your next meet!!?? and when?
completed 1100!!
@Manij
i got my crash bar done at the A.S.S. and costed me around 4k ,don't remember the exact price!
Old 30th April 2010, 22:34   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I also researched a bit of shops in my locality and found a camera which has rear sensors along with a screen that replaces the rear view mirror and costs for about 7000
I will try to search for your model
The camera keeps running all the time or it switches on only during reverse gear??

Where are you planning your next meet!!?? and when?
completed 1100!!
Hey don carmaster don't go in for some cheap rear view camera set as the camera will be in an area where there will be a lot of water splashing(bumper) local stuff may short out and cause other issues with the vehicle. Mine is a hiker brand which has 1yr warranty and it does not come with sensor. The one with sensor costs around 14k. It turns on only when reverse gear is engaged. alternatively it can be connected to a portable DVD player and used as a video screen.

Good to see you've covered 1k keep it going.

Our next meet is tomorrow which is a short meet in bangalore. Later we are planning to go on a longer ride to Tamil nadu.

Last edited by rocky080 : 30th April 2010 at 22:39.
Old 1st May 2010, 19:25   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Hey don carmaster don't go in for some cheap rear view camera set as the camera will be in an area where there will be a lot of water splashing(bumper) local stuff may short out and cause other issues with the vehicle. Mine is a hiker brand which has 1yr warranty and it does not come with sensor. The one with sensor costs around 14k. It turns on only when reverse gear is engaged. alternatively it can be connected to a portable DVD player and used as a video screen.

Good to see you've covered 1k keep it going.

Our next meet is tomorrow which is a short meet in bangalore. Later we are planning to go on a longer ride to Tamil nadu.
Thanks for the advice,
Will try to look for the hiker
Anyways do post the meet pics!!

The vehicle is going really great! except for the mileage ...!! The DDAS still shows 8!
Hope it improves soon!
Got my third tankful done!!
Lets see what i get this time
Some nincompoop broke away the 'po' from the "powered by Meagle"!! will get a new one one soon!

Yesterday , i saw a shocking scene , there is a mall in Noida and the parking lot is on a raised platform from the ground about 4 mt., and a xylo was hanging from there! the two wheels in air and two on the ground!, it was e6 white as the parking lot guy kept asking them to move forward to park and it was late until they realized they had gone too ahead!
The owner of the vehicle was damn scared and it was only when a crane came and lifted the vehicle from there that it came out and the owner relaxed!!
it was just two weeks old!!

Anyways have a nice trip

Regards,
Sahil

Last edited by don_carmaster : 1st May 2010 at 19:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks