Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 16:36   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post

I'd shifted over to 130/100 halogens with ceramic holders and a mechanical relay the day i got the car.
Curious to know if the headlight covers got affected when you upgraded it to 130/100.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Man 2L kms in 3 years. Awesome eating of the miles. Even our office innova which is 5 years old is a little shy of 2L kms and you have done this in 3years.By the way how is your punto doing. I think that is what you had mentioned to buy right?
Old 8th February 2010, 17:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Rocks View Post
Curious to know if the headlight covers got affected when you upgraded it to 130/100.
Not a problem in my opinion, have done that for the vtec.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
@ abhipuru, here is the total cost of ownership excelsheet for your reference...let me know if i have missed out on anything. the costs are approximations which may vary by a maximum of 5%
Hope this helps.
Thanks foor that. I got it.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
epicenter,
I spoke to the guys from Ecotech Fuelmag Diesel conditioner, Kochi, they are qouting Rs.4000(kerala) & Rs.4500(rest of india),
Is it really worth it, I know it is a simple fix it job like installing a Pete's tuning box,
But if you are carefull in filling diesel only from COCO & reputed bunks, do we really need this Made in New Zealand stuff.
Hi GSMINC
Its been really useful on my car. I'll not say that its absolutely necessary but if you can persuade the guys to send you the fuelmag/separ book, you'll see what major difference it has made to a lot of engines.

Its entirely upto you whether you want it on your car or not. 99.95 percent of the cars in india do not have fuelmag on them. but they dont have any problems either.

So i guess, its upto you whether you want it or not. As for me, i'll be putting on in the new punto too...as soon as the 3000 km service is done.

hope this helps.
Old 9th February 2010, 08:36   #51

Hi mandeep,

My god, have yet to read a more comprehensive ownership report of a car. But the way you have kept it, i am sure the car would have been a marvel to own. Wait and watch, the punto would fair even better, as the engine you had in the swift was actaully designed to be mated with the punto before it was titled the "world" engine from fiat.

And , please do wear the seat belts.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

@ Epic - Now that we have the BS4 K block petrol swift available in the market claiming an FE of 17 with ac in city (lets assume it gives us 14kmpl with ac in city) would you advise buying a vdi??

have worked out the numbers and as per my calc 1 would breakeven only after 7yrs or 1l kms.(I dont think ill keep the car that long)

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 9th February 2010 at 12:54.
Old 9th February 2010, 13:17   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Now thats what we call a REAL long term report, Very nicely written report. Welcome to the Punto club, even i sold my VDi for Punto, After 15000kms and more than 7months i am an extremely satisfied customer for Fiat.

Ive found the Fiat service support to be at par with Maruti, maybe i found a better service station.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

@GSMINC if you get the diesel refilled at many places then I think you should get a fuel filter but as I saw today, a normal fuel filter doing duty on a diesel car can easily remove slush for 20k kms and then dont check on its health just replace it. I fill at the same station everytime except for long highway trips. I do not know the cost of NZ made kit but I think India diesel is also not that bad quality

Cheers!
Old 9th February 2010, 22:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Now thats what we call a REAL long term report, Very nicely written report. Welcome to the Punto club, even i sold my VDi for Punto, After 15000kms and more than 7months i am an extremely satisfied customer for Fiat.

Ive found the Fiat service support to be at par with Maruti, maybe i found a better service station.
hi .anshuman
Thanx for the support. Glad to know that the fiat service is at par with maruti. although i have some friends working for the tata fiat dealership here, this is the first hand feedback i am recieving on the service part. The car is already 2000 old and i think it will be due for its first service somewhere in the next 5 days or so.
Getting to know the car better and better each day. But i still yearn for that kick the swift gave.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi .anshuman
Thanx for the support. Glad to know that the fiat service is at par with maruti. although i have some friends working for the tata fiat dealership here, this is the first hand feedback i am recieving on the service part. The car is already 2000 old and i think it will be due for its first service somewhere in the next 5 days or so.
Getting to know the car better and better each day. But i still yearn for that kick the swift gave.
Well, even I've found Fiat service in Bangalore to be at par with Maruti.

Already driven 2K, and no initial ownership report yet ? Please post one.

Have you fixed the box, and still missing the kick ? Or waiting for the car to cover some more miles before you fit it ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 9th February 2010 at 22:43.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Well, even I've found Fiat service in Bangalore to be at par with Maruti.

Already driven 2K, and no initial ownership report yet ? Please post one.

Have you fixed the box, and still missing the kick ? Or waiting for the car to cover some more miles before you fit it ?
The box goes in after the 3k service and the initial ownership report comes in as soon as the box goes in.
Old 10th February 2010, 00:42   #58
BHPian

If there is one thing more astounding than logging 200,000 Km in 3 years, it is getting 3.55 lakh in resale
Old 10th February 2010, 10:03   #59
BHPian

Diesel rocks in Swift. Since you are used to driving the OHC around, trust me if you buy a petrol swift you would never use it.
Diesel on the other hand gives you a quick boost and is super efficient. When it comes to swift, VDI will never die out...
Old 10th February 2010, 14:28   #60
Team-BHP Support

Guy, for your reference the discussion over break even point of diesels has been moved to the appropriate thread here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...vs-diesel.html (The financial Truth: Petrol vs Diesel)

Lets keep this thread as an ownership report only.

Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th February 2010 at 21:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks