Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 22:40   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Thats really amazing.2L km. Just my 2 cents.. I also moved over from a Swift VDi to the Punto MJD. And the thing I missed most was the power rush that came in. I put in a tuning kit and a K&N filter, thinking I would get closer to the Swift performance levels. Even tho the performance did improve esp in third gear, it is nowhere near Swift levels. The thing that you would like over swift is the sweet handling. Also the punto grows on you after a while. Btw, the tyres suck.I burst 2 of my tyres after hitting rough patches on the road.
ronin
you beat me to it man. the punto will be peted and k&ned this weekend. i'll also be adding a remus endcan at the end of the first 15000 kilometers which for me will be about 3 months of driving

hows the car doing after the tuning box? whats your odo reading? i personally wanted to bed in the engine a bit and get used to the car before putting in the box and thats the reason i am waiting for the 3000 to roll over.

good going though. the car is a sweet handler. if only the tires were continentals.
Old 16th February 2010, 08:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
ronin
you beat me to it man. the punto will be peted and k&ned this weekend. i'll also be adding a remus endcan at the end of the first 15000 kilometers which for me will be about 3 months of driving

hows the car doing after the tuning box? whats your odo reading? i personally wanted to bed in the engine a bit and get used to the car before putting in the box and thats the reason i am waiting for the 3000 to roll over.

good going though. the car is a sweet handler. if only the tires were continentals.
My car has done about 16000 now and is about 5 months old.The first and second gears dont seem very different with the tunng box in. But there is a huge difference after that.It pulls cleanly and faster in Gear 3.Top speed isnt very different, the only difference being, you dont have to try as hard.It is also a lot smoother and the noise levels also seem to have gone down a bit after the K&N filter.And yes my FE has improved too.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

That is some serious miles and awesome resale value. Congrats and hope your Punto also serve you the same way.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:26   #79
BHPian

2 Lakh kilometres in 3 years is serious driving. Very happy to hear that your swift handled it smooth. And thats a good price you had got on the sale.
Hope your Punto is treating you well. Do give your reports on the performance after you install the K&N filter and Petes box.
Happy Driving !
Old 17th February 2010, 22:19   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
2 Lakh kilometres in 3 years is serious driving. Very happy to hear that your swift handled it smooth. And thats a good price you had got on the sale.
Hope your Punto is treating you well. Do give your reports on the performance after you install the K&N filter and Petes box.
Happy Driving !
even i never imagined that i'd be keeping the car for so long. all my earlier cars have been sold at or around a lac of kilometers max. owning the swift was indeed a wonderful experience.
will surely update on the k&n and petes box performance once it goes into the bonnet this weekend.
drive safe everyone..and yes..wear a seatbelt
Old 17th February 2010, 22:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
all my earlier cars have been sold at or around a lac of kilometers max.
How many kms have you driven in all your cars ?
Old 17th February 2010, 23:11   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How many kms have you driven in all your cars ?
the first car was a premier padmini which did around 30k kilometers and so did the second premier padmini.
then there was the mahindra 540 which did around 50k odd kilometers
then there was the omni which did a little over 110k..
the 800 after that about 75k and three consecutive zens did about 100k each.
the swift petrol about 75k and the diesel around 200k.
i learnt driving when we bought the van which was way back in 1993 and i got my license in 1996. though i actually started doing long distance driving in 1995 when i was confident enough to graduate to the highways from the city roads and such.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the first car was a premier padmini which did around 30k kilometers and so did the second premier padmini.
then there was the mahindra 540 which did around 50k odd kilometers
then there was the omni which did a little over 110k..
the 800 after that about 75k and three consecutive zens did about 100k each.
the swift petrol about 75k and the diesel around 200k.
i learnt driving when we bought the van which was way back in 1993 and i got my license in 1996. though i actually started doing long distance driving in 1995 when i was confident enough to graduate to the highways from the city roads and such.
Do you work so far away from home? or what is it?? Only for fun??

If you have owned these cars over say 20 years you average running per day would be 120 kms approx.

Would love to drive these many kms but only if the roads have been good.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

That works out to 8.7 lacs km in all the cars so far

No travelogues to share ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th February 2010 at 13:40.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Epicenter, I was just dumbstruck to see your review. What a wonderful drive you ve had for 2L kms. Its simply amazing to say the least that the car has handled this way. It surely shows the prowess of the acclaimed engine from FIAT. Great write up and I am feeling good I own the same machine, though I am really far away from your 2L mark :-)
Old 19th February 2010, 18:22   #86
csr

Quote:
First of all congrats for awesome report! So much of driving?! My guess - you must have spent ~3/4years of your life driving your car! Wow! That's amazing!
Old 20th February 2010, 02:35   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats

Epicenter! this is just AWESOME! Congrats on the new Punto and also for a super duper hit drive on the swift.

I also own a Swift VDi which has done 28K kms in 15 months! I am happy now that I made the right choice over Getz CRDi.

And the FE that you have got is also very very good.

Anyway I have couple of questions.

Is the fuel mag a one time investment?

Was the K&N filter u had, a stock replacement?

Could you give some more details on the filter and also the price of it?

will it give a better performance if I dont have the Pete's box too?

Hope to see u clocking high and happy mileage on the Punto too!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th February 2010 at 02:49.
Old 20th February 2010, 11:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the car hit the two hundred thousand kilometer mark today and i sold it off. The replacement will be a punto being delivered tomorrow.

He pondered and offered 3.55 lacs for it. i sold it off on the spot

Have fun you all and drive safe. Dont forget to wear the seat belt. I never do.
Hi e.r,

Does your friend have a brother who might be interested in a Dec '98 Swift Zxi with 8800 Kms. on the clock.
Just like you, I will let it go cheap too at a shade under the invoice value.
Old 20th February 2010, 18:14   #89

Why Pete's?

Hi epicenter.rulez,

I know that there has been some discussions reagrding my below question but I wanted to know in layman terms about it. My question is:

-) What would be the purpose of the Pete's box on the Swift DDIS's performance?

My Swift DDIS has run 10k Kms and I have been thinking of getting these add-ons which should increase performance without sacrificing stock vehcile dynamics. So many people so many many things, like some of my friends said that a 205/55/15 with alloys would be good and I did just that. Though it looks good, I have lost the initial pick-up (torque I guess) which I used to get with my stock tires. Suggestions please.

Car-passionately yours,
Shahul
Old 20th February 2010, 20:46   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Answer: Why Pete's!

Petes box will increase the power and Torque of swift. 75 bhp will increase to 90 bhp and torque also will increase by 10-15% or so! with these changes obviously your car's pick up will be better! Those who have driven Pete'd swifts has appreciated the driveability [especially] in city due to increased torque and reduction in initial turbo lag. Also its claimed to improve the fuel efficiency of the car. And above all, its a plug and play unit -- hence you can remove the box before giving the car to service and you will not void your warranty!

The only negative is that it will set you back by a 25K, which everyone has been mentioning, is total VFM! Probably you will need a K&N filter also to compliment the Pete's box for better performance.

There are couple [or more] of Peted swifts on this forum!! Please search and you will find much more detailed reviews of Pete's performance.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th February 2010 at 20:48.

Most Viewed