Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 19:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

epic, was waiting for your review. Open a separate thread man, do justice to the Punto . And put some pics on it.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:50   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
epic, was waiting for your review. Open a separate thread man, do justice to the Punto . And put some pics on it.
the 15000 km review for the punto will be up by sunday. just got a call from the guy who had bought my swift in january. the car has done another 20000 kilometers and it had to go for its regular oil change yesterday. the only thing that had to be changed besides the regular service was a bolt that holds the engine cover in place because the stupid guys at the service center had stripped it across flats. total cost of service was around 3k. the car is still delivering an astounding mileage of 23 to the liter with the a/c working continuously. even the tires, with this heat, are good to last another 10000 kilometers or so according to what the guy says.
just goes on to show that come what may, the maruti guys have a winner on their hand. even today, the waiting period for the swift diesel is an easy 2 months or 25 to 30 thousand rupees as premium.
just wanted to share it with you guys. though the car has been sold i still miss it.
Old 25th April 2010, 17:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

I am bit dumbfounded. Is it true that you changed engine oil every 20,000 kms and that too mineral! More than twice the company specified interval for a change and the engine still ran for 2 lakh kilometer and is still running without any problems. I am sorry but I find this difficult to believe.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 25th April 2010 at 17:15.
Old 25th April 2010, 22:39   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am bit dumbfounded. Is it true that you changed engine oil every 20,000 kms and that too mineral! More than twice the company specified interval for a change and the engine still ran for 2 lakh kilometer and is still running without any problems. I am sorry but I find this difficult to believe.
hi extreme torque,
nothing hard to believe buddy.
unfortunately i gave away the vehicle history papers with the car itself. but a copy of the same can be arranged from the a.s.s if you wish to verify the same. the engine actually can run on the same oil for 20000 kilometers without any issues. tends to get a bit rough along the last 2000 or so but it does.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:34   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
hi extreme torque,
nothing hard to believe buddy.
unfortunately i gave away the vehicle history papers with the car itself. but a copy of the same can be arranged from the a.s.s if you wish to verify the same. the engine actually can run on the same oil for 20000 kilometers without any issues. tends to get a bit rough along the last 2000 or so but it does.
So 15k Oil change is what Fiat recommends for Punto. Maruti advises oil change at 10k for Swift Diesel.

I have been changing oil at 5k for City Driving. should push that to 10k.

Does anyone know what impact ULSD (or Bharat IV Diesel) have on DDiS engines ? Do we have to upgrade Engine Oil to API CJ ? or any additive to provide lubrication to fuel pump moving parts ?

Thanks in advance
Old 26th April 2010, 21:49   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post
So 15k Oil change is what Fiat recommends for Punto. Maruti advises oil change at 10k for Swift Diesel.

I have been changing oil at 5k for City Driving. should push that to 10k.

Does anyone know what impact ULSD (or Bharat IV Diesel) have on DDiS engines ? Do we have to upgrade Engine Oil to API CJ ? or any additive to provide lubrication to fuel pump moving parts ?

Thanks in advance
yes, push it to 10k by all means. will get back to you with all the other details regarding ulsd and upgrading the engine oil grade.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:23   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the 15000 km review for the punto will be up by sunday. .
read all 8 pages of this fantastic review and comments. Cheers to maruti Swift. Waiting for your take on the Punto.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:03   #128
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-review.html

The review for the punto is up for all you guys out there.
Waiting for your comments and takes on it.

Tx
Mandeep
Old 4th March 2011, 18:49   #129

Re: Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3

I have a 2008 Swift vdi as well. The gear lever seems to have become a bit loose (i.e it tilts back to center neutral even while in gear). This does not seem to happen to happen with a friends petrol Swift I drove.

Also, the gear change seems to have become just a tad sticky.

The car is very lightly driven, just about 17500 kms so far.

Would this be an issue with the gearbox? What brand gear oil does Maruti use?

My car is serviced by maruti Vitesse in Prabhadevi, Mumbai.
Old 15th January 2012, 10:51   #130
BHPian

Re: Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I believe the frequency of oil and filter change would depend on the way that one drives. If you drive on straight roads and do not have to drive with a heavy foot, you can go much farther without an oil or filter change. If you go up steep slopes with the pedal floored all the way down or step on the pedal as soon as the light turns green, you will need more frequent oil and filter changes.

The recommended interval for oil and filter change is probably based on average use within city limits, but if you put your car to more abuse than the average driver does, you may have to get more frequent changes of the oil and fuel filter.

I would, however, avoid going beyond the manufacturer specified oil change interval when I'm not running on synthetic oil.

BTW, there are some kits that add an extra stage of filtering for the oil and I believe that when you use one of those kits with synthetic oil, you might be able to go twice the manufacturer recommended oil interval under 'light' driving conditions.
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 11:14   #131
BHPian

Quote:

Q5 - I wanted to know the symptoms not the reason for rings wear. How did you detect synchronization rings had Failed?

THE GEAR SHIFTING BECOMES HARD INITIALLY. THEN YOU HAVE TO DOUBLE CLUTCH AND UPSHIFT. DOWNSHIFTING IS NOT A PROBLEM. BUT DURING UPSHIFTING IF YOU ARE AT LOW SPEEDS ITS VERY HARD. SOMETIMES THE CAR HAS TO BE BROUGHT TO ALMOST A HALT AND THEN DOUBLE CLUTCHED AND THE GEAR CHANGED.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
HI e.c

How much would it cost to check/replace these rings in a Swift Petrol?

I complained about hard clutch at after 40K servicing and the guy said the clutch would last for 2000 km more and introduced some play.

Now just after he introduced the play I am facing this exact issue you have quoted above. Not sure if I have to go to authorized service center or show to a local mechanic.

Can local mechanics replace these rings?

Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 19:46   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post

I would, however, avoid going beyond the manufacturer specified oil change interval when I'm not running on synthetic oil.
Synthetic oils doesn't give you longer oil life. it is a total misconception.
Old 27th May 2012, 17:06   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
BTW my SWift VDI has crossed 70,000kms in 15 months.
70,000 kms in 15 months Iam closing down on 12 months of ownership with 45k kms on ODO. So I clearly understand what sort of driving it takes to get there. What do you do? Travels business
Old 27th May 2012, 22:50   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
70,000 kms in 15 months Iam closing down on 12 months of ownership with 45k kms on ODO. So I clearly understand what sort of driving it takes to get there. What do you do? Travels business
No, not a travel business, Apart from my C&F Pharma business which provides for my bread & butter, I run a online temple booking booking website called epoojaonline.org, so I travelled in this car across India networking old, ancient, popular & famous temples, so far covering 2400 temples & counting, Infact out of the 29 states in India, this car has seen 22 states, as of today as I type this, the car is relaxing outside a lodge in deep interior Coastal Andhra small town called Bheemavaram, West Godavari Dist, & the odometer reads 2.39 lakh kilometers, still 2 months to go for its 4th birthday
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 12:51   #135
BHPian

my friend too owns a swift diesel ldi. At first I couldn't understand his aim of finishing 2lak kms before selling it off...But after driving it, i feel it's too less!!! Save for the brakes, the car is excellent

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks