Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2018, 17:10   #91

Im facing this issue now. What did you end up doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannyrocks View Post
Dear, I also bought the used outlander and was very concerned about the maintainence and reliability of the same.Mr Rishi Kapoors feedback gave me a lot of confidence and I bought a pre loved one last June. I have driven it 4000kms and I am really impressed with the vehicle. The only thing is driven conventional automatics before this cvt equipped vehicle takes some time getting used to. The initial acceleration is sluggish, thats the only downside I felt, plus the cvt uses special oil which costs 10,000/- for 8litres but is replaced after 60-80,000kms.

Other than this I am another satisfied owner of the suv. Mitsu is very reliable touch wood!!
Hows the car working out two years later?

Last edited by Zappo : 21st November 2018 at 17:25. Reason: No back to back posts in the first 30 mins please. Use multiquote and edit buttons to respond to multiple posts at once.
Old 6th December 2018, 18:32   #92
BHPian

Re: Buying a 2010 Outlander in 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthsanjay View Post
Hi guys,
I have completed 1.3 lakh kms on my outlander. Following are the things that were worked on:
1. A/C compressor - got some minor fix done on the pulley but will get it replaced in the coming summers.
2. Serpentine belt replaced twice, and the tensioner pulley.
3. Rear shocks replaced.
4. Front stabilizer bar bushes etc replaced.

Planning to get the front shocks changed as well, giving 'thud' sound on bumps.

Other than these, no trouble as such.
somubj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 19:38   #93

Re: Buying a 2010 Outlander in 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj View Post
I have completed 1.3 lakh kms on my outlander. Following are the things that were worked on:
1. A/C compressor - got some minor fix done on the pulley but will get it replaced in the coming summers.
2. Serpentine belt replaced twice, and the tensioner pulley.
3. Rear shocks replaced.
4. Front stabilizer bar bushes etc replaced.

Planning to get the front shocks changed as well, giving 'thud' sound on bumps.

Other than these, no trouble as such.
Naice. Im finally selling mine off now. Done about 76K. Since I have in Bombay and my car is registered in Gurgaon, Im sending it over the Gurgaon tomorrow. Have got a few quotations and people coming to see the car. As much as my heart breaks to let it go, it's a car that gets too expensive in a city like Bombay. Am spending 4.5K a week just on fuel and the car doesn't move everyday.
Old 25th June 2020, 15:19   #94
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Hello. Any point buying a facelifted 2010 version now (the one with AFS Xenons) and using it till the end of its life (5 years, till 2025)? Because then I'd be able to get one for 4-5L instead of spending 12L on a Fortuner.
Old 28th June 2020, 17:44   #95
BHPian

Re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Get the suspension and ac compressor checked. Check the service logs for sure. If these two are fine, then go ahead.
somubj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 20:45   #96

Re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
After 60000 KMs and 6 years of absolutely fantastic ownership, I had to say my Outlander good bye. Good part is that I passed it on to another enthusiast.

I will buy another Mitsubishi as and when they launch Montero again.

Till then, Mods please close this thread.
Hi Rishi, thanks for your wonderful thread. I'm in the market for an SUV for my parents (it will be sparsely used) and I was considering a 2009-2010 Outlander. I was wondering if you're still aware of any trusted FNGs in/around Delhi.

Thank you.
slipperyslipped is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 21:30   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslipped View Post
Hi Rishi, thanks for your wonderful thread. I'm in the market for an SUV for my parents (it will be sparsely used) and I was considering a 2009-2010 Outlander. I was wondering if you're still aware of any trusted FNGs in/around Delhi.

Thank you.
A well kept Outlander is rare to come by but if you try I am sure you would be able to locate a good well maintained car. It uses a naturally aspirated engine so few lakhs on odo is nothing to worry about. HM is still providing support plus all spares available in places like Kashmiri gate. Mechanically nothing will go wrong with the car if regularly service. Hope you find one. Cheers.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 23:23   #98

Quote:
A well kept Outlander is rare to come by but if you try I am sure you would be able to locate a good well maintained car. It uses a naturally aspirated engine so few lakhs on odo is nothing to worry about. HM is still providing support plus all spares available in places like Kashmiri gate. Mechanically nothing will go wrong with the car if regularly service. Hope you find one. Cheers.
Thanks for the response, Rishi! I did find one that I think is worth looking into but before I proceeded, I wanted to make sure I was in contact with a trusted mechanic who could take a look at things like suspension and AC compressor and give me the a-okay!

Do you know anyone like that?
Old 20th May 2022, 08:27   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response, Rishi! I did find one that I think is worth looking into but before I proceeded, I wanted to make sure I was in contact with a trusted mechanic who could take a look at things like suspension and AC compressor and give me the a-okay!

Do you know anyone like that?
If you are in Delhi then please go to HM authorised workshop (I am not sure if it’s still operational though).
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 16:01   #100

Quote:
If you are in Delhi then please go to HM authorised workshop (I am not sure if it’s still operational though).
I'm in Delhi. I googled HM Authorised Workshop and unfortunately nothing came up on Google Maps.

Sucks but might have to drop the plans for this lovely car. Appreciate the help!
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:12   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm in Delhi. I googled HM Authorised Workshop and unfortunately nothing came up on Google Maps.

Sucks but might have to drop the plans for this lovely car. Appreciate the help!
There is Excel Motors in Faridabad, they are operational. If you have a decent budget, PM me. My cousin has a 2011 outlander that he may sell at a decent price. The car is overall in good condition.

If you want a pristine one and can stretch your budget, i might let go my 2012 outlander in excellent condition (with matt black momo revenge alloys (48k), pirelli P7 235/55/17 cross section tyres (54k) and brand new Pioneer head unit (costed 40k - 20k for wiring and 20k for system).

Good luck with your find .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd May 2022 at 11:21.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:33   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
There is Excel Motors in Faridabad, they are operational. If you have a decent budget, PM me. My cousin has a 2011 outlander that he may sell at a decent price. The car is overall in good condition.

If you want a pristine one and can stretch your budget, i might let go my 2012 outlander in excellent condition (with matt black momo revenge alloys (48k), pirelli P7 235/55/17 cross section tyres (54k) and brand new Pioneer head unit (costed 40k - 20k for wiring and 20k for system).

Good luck with your find .
Hi Gaurav, thank you for the information.

I don't have PM permissions yet (new account), is there another way we can discuss this? Email perhaps? (slipperyslipped@gmail.com)

Also, how has your experience with spares been?
Old 24th May 2022, 11:21   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gaurav, thank you for the information.

I don't have PM permissions yet (new account), is there another way we can discuss this? Email perhaps? (slipperyslipped@gmail.com)

Also, how has your experience with spares been?
I emailed you my number yesterday, feel free to call.

Honestly, both the cars are nearly a hundred thousand kms but we haven't required anything significant. We have just replaced the rear shocks for both the cars for 5k each shock - KYB. Apart from this, I got the cooling coil for my car changed under 5 years ago, that costed 13k in the aftermarket including gas and labour. Apart from that just routine service and running parts such as brake pads and tyres. Most spares are available in kashmere gate and I have a few specific shops where you can source the parts. We have been buying Mitsubishi spares in aftermarket for lancer, 2 cedias and 2 outlanders since 2009. Before that the lancer sourced most of the parts from Asian motors (authorized service center that closed in 2019) or karol bagh.

The reliability for all these cars have been Excellent. As they say, you take care of the car, the car takes care of you .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th May 2022 at 11:26.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:07   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I emailed you my number yesterday, feel free to call.

Honestly, both the cars are nearly a hundred thousand kms but we haven't required anything significant. We have just replaced the rear shocks for both the cars for 5k each shock - KYB. Apart from this, I got the cooling coil for my car changed under 5 years ago, that costed 13k in the aftermarket including gas and labour. Apart from that just routine service and running parts such as brake pads and tyres. Most spares are available in kashmere gate and I have a few specific shops where you can source the parts. We have been buying Mitsubishi spares in aftermarket for lancer, 2 cedias and 2 outlanders since 2009. Before that the lancer sourced most of the parts from Asian motors (authorized service center that closed in 2019) or karol bagh.

The reliability for all these cars have been Excellent. As they say, you take care of the car, the car takes care of you .
Hi Gaurav, couldn't agree more with the last bit. I was looking for slightly lower mileage cars but thank you so much for the comprehensive answer.

There's a slightly lower clocked Outlander that I'm looking at but since it's hard to fully trust these third party marketplaces, can you recommend a trusted mechanic that I could take with me to check the car?
Old 27th May 2022, 13:38   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gaurav, couldn't agree more with the last bit. I was looking for slightly lower mileage cars but thank you so much for the comprehensive answer.

There's a slightly lower clocked Outlander that I'm looking at but since it's hard to fully trust these third party marketplaces, can you recommend a trusted mechanic that I could take with me to check the car?
My Mitsubishi Cedia is maintained by Harvinder and Kumar (Car Repairs and Maintenance: Harvinder Singh & Kumar (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)). You could ask them if they can help.

Alternatively, Excel Motors is still operational and they'd be happy to check the car for you at a nominal cost.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks