Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 17:22   #61
BHPian

re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Okay guys, here is 2 years 24000 KMs update: Mods please shift the thread to long term ownership experience.

So far its been a thrilling journey. I am a very satisfied customer of Mitsubishi Outlander. Last 2 years have seen my Outtie going to Mughal Rally and Raid-de-Himalaya (as an official vehicle and not competitor). Its always a delight to drive her. For mountain rally all I have to do is change its shoes to AT and she is good to go.

This is my daily commute to office. No squeks, no noise, always comfortable and I love Rockford Fosgate.

In last 2 years and 3 services, I have only paid for lubes and filter. Prices have been reasonable. I am enjoying another year of extended warranty but so far no issues (touch wood!).

Car has been on various long drives like Delhi-Srinagar-jammu-Srinagar-Delhi during Mughal Rally, Shimla-Manali-Lahaul-Spiti-areas around Leh-Manali-Delhi. I did added a underbody, transmission and fuel line protection which was carried out by Performance Mods, Noida, excellent Job.

I am enjoying the hassel free ownership. Do let me know any questions you have and I will be happy to answer them for you.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 19:20   #62
BHPian

re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

If you had to go on a long drive with the family which one would you choose?BMW or Outlander?
Old 19th April 2012, 19:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
If you had to go on a long drive with the family which one would you choose?BMW or Outlander?
For expressway connected drives, I will choose Bimmer but for hills or regular rough roads, Outlander any day
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:02   #64
BHPian

Not the official price thread I know, but if it's not to too much out of the context what you'll think about 3 year old outlander with 13.000 km on it...

how much would be a good price for it?
ifly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 20:08   #65
BHPian

Here is 4 year 45000 update. I continue to enjoy flawless performance and hassel free ownership. Outander is as good as new, no noises, loose stuff etc.

I have spent only on normal service (oil, filter etc). Last major expanse was brake pad replacement amount was close to 20000 for all 4. At 60000 I will have to spend about 40000 on timing belt and ATF fluid etc.

I am really impressed with Outlander's reliability, it goes to Himalayas twice a year (Raid-de-Himalaya and Mughal Rally as official) and still no expanse required on suspension or anything else.

It still looks, feel and runs like new, of course it is maintained very well too. No immediate plan to sell, I would want to keep it for another 3-4 years before I can afford a true replacement for it -ML 350. I did look at options to replace Outlander earlier this year and none of evaluated vehicles (Fortuner, Pajero Sports, Q5) could even come near its equipment level, features and space.

I will be happy to answer any related questions you may have. Thanks.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 20:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly View Post
Not the official price thread I know, but if it's not to too much out of the context what you'll think about 3 year old outlander with 13.000 km on it...

how much would be a good price for it?
I am sorry for a really late reply, it should be priced around 16 lacs. Thanks
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 13:31   #67

Hi Rishi Kapoor,
Thank you for that 4 year ownership update. It has come in handy to me, now that I am looking to buy a used Outlander of around 2010 vintage. Your feedback is encouraging. what is the city mileage? how does it fare compared to a Fortuner, in terms of performance? Are there any major issues, which i need to check before I get a 4 year old Outlander? Your advice would be really appreciated.
Old 5th June 2014, 22:19   #68
BHPian

Finally in my garage, the outlander.

Has anyone replaced the tires with off roading ones? The traction seems on horrible with the stock tires.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly View Post
Finally in my garage, the outlander.

Has anyone replaced the tires with off roading ones? The traction seems on horrible with the stock tires.
Congrats. How much did it cost? Any special points that you had to check for?
Old 7th June 2014, 13:08   #70
BHPian

Hey guys,
I've been disappointed with the stock tyres as well. Posted a query here but no one replied. Any inputs? I have almost decided to upgrade to Michelin Latitude Cross 235/70 R16. What are other owners like me using, tyre wise?
Old 16th June 2014, 10:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranhere View Post
Hi Rishi Kapoor,

Thank you for that 4 year ownership update. It has come in handy to me, now that I am looking to buy a used Outlander of around 2010 vintage. Your feedback is encouraging. what is the city mileage? how does it fare compared to a Fortuner, in terms of performance? Are there any major issues, which i need to check before I get a 4 year old Outlander? Your advice would be really appreciated.

Hi, have been traveling and just saw the thread. City mileage is consistent between 8.75 and 10 depending on the traffic. Highway 11-12. I can't compare it with Fortuner as I have not driven Fortuner on long stretches.

Check for service history. Make sure that ATF is changed as per schedule. Other than that Outlander doesn't need any special care.

On Carrazy's query. I had changed tires to Michelin on Day-1 after taking delivery. I love the grip and performance.

For taking car to Himalayas, I have another set of Michelin LTX AT2, the profile is 235 instead of default 215 on them. They have been great performer in Himalayas.

You may want to choose a cross tread tire so that you don't have to swap tires for mountains.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 15:26   #72

Good to see your periodic ownership reviews on the Outlander. Information on this vehicle is as rare as the vehicle itself in this country.

How often do you service the Outlander? Do you go for 6 months or yearly service? Also, can you upload a scanned copy of the service book? I have lost mine :(. My 30,000 k.m. service on Outlander is due this month. Thanks!
Old 28th November 2014, 13:16   #73
BHPian

Anybody still following this thread? Is a used Outlander a good option in today's date. I'm ok with the car - petrol, mileage etc. But if I go for a 2010 / 2011 model, should I be worried about the maintenance costs ? And what about the spares? HM still provides decent service? Any tips ? Getting one in Pune for < 9 L (single owner, done 75 K) - going to check the car today

Any advice wud be appreciated .....
Old 26th January 2015, 19:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Anybody still following this thread? Is a used Outlander a good option in today's date. I'm ok with the car - petrol, mileage etc. But if I go for a 2010 / 2011 model, should I be worried about the maintenance costs ? And what about the spares? HM still provides decent service? Any tips ? Getting one in Pune for < 9 L (single owner, done 75 K) - going to check the car today

Any advice wud be appreciated .....

Sorry about a late reply. Outlander is solid as a tank. Absolutely zero maintenance of you do a full service a year (synthetic oil) and a checkup after 6 months between 2 services. 75k KMS is nothing for this engine and car but please check if car has been serviced regularly. CVT oil change may be due which is slightly expansive affair around 15-16k but rest is fine. Mitsubishi service is good and parts would be available for at least next 10 years. This is a global model and you can source parts from Malaysia, Dubai etc also through tons of dealers. Hope this helps.
Old 29th January 2015, 17:38   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Sorry about a late reply. Outlander is solid as a tank. Absolutely zero maintenance of you do a full service a year (synthetic oil) and a checkup after 6 months between 2 services. 75k KMS is nothing for this engine and car but please check if car has been serviced regularly. CVT oil change may be due which is slightly expansive affair around 15-16k but rest is fine. Mitsubishi service is good and parts would be available for at least next 10 years. This is a global model and you can source parts from Malaysia, Dubai etc also through tons of dealers. Hope this helps.
Thanks Rishi. I did pick up a used one from Baroda - 2011 model. Landed a good deal, paid tax in Pune
Loving every bit of it. Not a rattle - was well owned by the first owner (in fact it was a reference from team-bhp). Recently did a road trip to Konkan and did a few soft 4WD climbs - suparrr! Got an OBD check done and everything is in the green....so far, so good
Paleo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks