Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:11   #31
BHPian

Congrats sagar. Wise color selection. I owned a silky beige i20. All who objected (my friends ) the color at the time of booking, have changed their opinion and appreciated the color when she landed on road. I am disappointed in the Steering rattle sound and the poor AC performance. BTW, have you checked the Glove box coolling ??
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:50   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
Congrats on the new addition to the family. The car is beautiful and yes the color is rare. However, I do feel that a darker color would have done justice to the car.
Thanks aston martin.well the color was selected because of its rarity
.not many i20 in this color r there so its kind of unique .also not to mention because of a lighter color the car does not heat up much and less load on ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
Congrats sagar. Wise color selection. I owned a silky beige i20. All who objected (my friends ) the color at the time of booking, have changed their opinion and appreciated the color when she landed on road. I am disappointed in the Steering rattle sound and the poor AC performance. BTW, have you checked the Glove box coolling ??
Frankly speaking i am quite satisfied with the ac.its not chilling but its not as bad as its made to be either.its decent.glove box cooling is a big joke.it takes ages to cool something in it.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th June 2011 at 21:08. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:46   #33
BHPian

steering rattle fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
KUN Hyundai said they have a fix, just take the car to the dealer, a spring something is added to car and issue is 'fixed'. Planned in 2nd service in 2 days time
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Its completely a different color, can be noticed without a T-Bhp sticker.

I've heard that 6th Gear was added to BSIV-Diesel variant and rear disc were removed. A pic of rear disc would confirm us.

How abt the petrol variant?
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:49   #35
BANNED

Congrats on the car mate. Interior looks awesome !
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:18   #36
BHPian

Congrats; brilliant choice of color and surely has got a very good engine. I really liked it when i took it for a test drive; wanted to book one but no parking place
and above that my wife likes her existing car a lot.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats. Its completely a different color, can be noticed without a T-Bhp sticker.

I've heard that 6th Gear was added to BSIV-Diesel variant and rear disc were removed. A pic of rear disc would confirm us.

How abt the petrol variant?
Thanks Ram.Yea,its quite a rare color on a i20 and can be identified without a TBHP sticker.But i am putting our TBHP family sticker soon to make it stand out even more.The rear discs are standard on the top end ASTA model both petrol and diesel.Have attached a pic too.Have a look.

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-img_60261.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Congrats on the car mate. Interior looks awesome !
Thanks mate.Yes the interiors are great.A class apart from other hatches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Congrats; brilliant choice of color and surely has got a very good engine. I really liked it when i took it for a test drive; wanted to book one but no parking place
and above that my wife likes her existing car a lot.
The engine is a gem.It really stands out on highways.In 6th gear the car reaches 100 at just under 2K RPM.So its just in the turbo sweet spot.Press the pedal and whoa! it zooms away to 140 in no time.Also the 6th gear helps in getting amazing mileage.got 21+ kmpl on a recent trip.Have posted about it in the previous page.

Hope you get this beauty soon too
Old 4th August 2010, 13:00   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Our good old Santro went for 1.95 lakhs. Is it a good price for a very well maintained 6.5 year old Santro?
Yes in my point of view, the price is definitely good for you.
After using a car for six years, selling a car for ~2 lakhs is definitely a profitable deal.
Finally my hearty congrats on your purchase.
Have a great drive.

Last edited by bblost : 15th January 2011 at 19:14. Reason: fixed quote tag. Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 20:52   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

6000 Kms Update

MODS:Please update the thread title to " 6000 Kilometers update".Thanks!

6000 KMS UPDATE

Here i am penning down the 6000 kms update of our i20 CRDI.the car crossed 6K last week and went in for its second free service.I will list down the positives and negatives.

What i liked:
1)Engine-Its wonderful.Post 1.7K RPM you and the engine both will be grinning ear to ear.The rush of torque feels like a bliss and the motor was linear power delivery and a wider usable power band from 1700 to 4200 RPM

2)Steering:Purely personal opinion.I feel the light steering( EPS) is a boon for city drives.Flicking thought the bangalore B2B traffic was never this easy.On highways it doesnt insipre confidence above 140 kmph.Till that speed the steering is pretty stable and weighs up accurately.

3)Front Ride quality:Although the rear is a bit bumpy,the front seat ride quality is excellent.It soaks up the medium sized potholes effectively.The suspension seems to have become better over use.The rear ride quality will become far better if there are 4 people on board or if there is sufficient luggage in the Dickie.

4)Mileage:I am consistently getting 16-17 kmpl in bangalore traffic without AC.The max i have extracted out of it is 19 kmpl inside city without AC.The average highway mileage is 20 kmpl with AC.The max highway mileage is 23 kmpl with AC.

4)The stock ICE is pretty good.Very satisfied with it.The USB facility and the steering mounted controls are very good features and makes city B2B driving a pleasure.

What i did not like:

1)The central locking system makes some cracking noise wenever i lock .The HASS said the door actuator is faullty and have ordered the part.

2)The motor climate control knobs makes a krr.....krrr sound when the knobs are rotated.The service people sprayed some spray lubricant to the motor.The sound went off for 2 days and came back right after that.

3)AC-Even after the AC upgrade,it fails to impress.Performance has increased approx 20% after the upgrade.Now it takes around 15 minutes to cool the car to 22 degree when left in hot sun.Before it used to take 25 minutes.Since we hardly use AC and prefer natural air,it has not mattered to us much.But for those who drive with AC on all the time it will be a disappointment.

4)Turbo Lag inside the city is very much prominent and needs to drop down to 1st gear if speed drops below 15 kmph.All the speed breakers are to to taken in first gear only.

5)The stock apollo acelleres are damn noisy at triple digit speeds.

No steering rattles till now even though the car has seen some of the baddest and meanest stretches of roads(Touchwood).

Upgraded the headlamp bulbs to Xtreme power and i can say there is 40% improvement over the stock.Happy with that.

Changed the Engine oil to Mobil Delvac MX and its far better compared to the cheap oil the HASS puts.One of the best mineral oils one can get .I would like to know if there are synthetics for diesel with API-CH4 and above rating??

Tried some quick lane changes at 90-100 kmph and the car didnt wag its tail contrary to what others say about high speed quick lane change behavior of this car.Or is 100 kmph not a high speed for lane changing?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 7th January 2011 at 20:54.
Old 9th January 2011, 11:16   #40
BHPian

re: My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 ASTA CRDi. UPDATE : 35k kms & RaceDynamics DieselTRONIC

Great to see that your machine completed 6k mark. Congrats! Did you go for sunfilms? I think the AC problem can be minimized if not avoided, by using quality sunfilms.

And, did you get the headlamp bulbs changed from the HASS?
Old 9th January 2011, 20:30   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 ASTA CRDi. UPDATE : 35k kms & RaceDynamics DieselTRONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Great to see that your machine completed 6k mark. Congrats! Did you go for sunfilms? I think the AC problem can be minimized if not avoided, by using quality sunfilms.

And, did you get the headlamp bulbs changed from the HASS?

No sunfilms.I prefer natural light.But still the AC is not that effective even on a normal day.Yes ,the AC efficiency can be increased a bit if sunfilms are installed.

Ya,got headlamp bulbs changed from HASS during second service
Old 10th January 2011, 18:59   #42
BHPian

Re: 6000 Kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

What i did not like:

1)The central locking system makes some cracking noise wenever i lock .The HASS said the door actuator is faullty and have ordered the part.

2)The motor climate control knobs makes a krr.....krrr sound when the knobs are rotated.The service people sprayed some spray lubricant to the motor.The sound went off for 2 days and came back right after that.

3)AC-Even after the AC upgrade,it fails to impress.Performance has increased approx 20% after the upgrade.Now it takes around 15 minutes to cool the car to 22 degree when left in hot sun.Before it used to take 25 minutes.Since we hardly use AC and prefer natural air,it has not mattered to us much.But for those who drive with AC on all the time it will be a disappointment.

4)Turbo Lag inside the city is very much prominent and needs to drop down to 1st gear if speed drops below 15 kmph.All the speed breakers are to to taken in first gear only.

5)The stock apollo acelleres are damn noisy at triple digit speeds.
I completely agree with points 3, 4 and 5. Have the same issues with my I20 (1.2L). Also, I feel the tire gets noisy from 80kmph+
Old 15th January 2011, 11:17   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

The scuff plates fitted .You have to remove the plastic cover marked by the red border before you fit the plates.They can be easily removed by hand by putting your fingers underneath it on the inside of the car and pulling it out.Replace them after you fit the scuff plates.skanchan and flyingcolors,hope this clarifies your doubt
Attached Thumbnails
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-img_6935.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-img_6938.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-img_6940.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-img_6936.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-img_6939.jpg  

Old 15th January 2011, 19:01   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the glove box illumination lamp today.I must say its very good.One of the worthwhile accessories for i20.cost-173 RS including labour
Old 10th July 2011, 15:46   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

1 Year and 12,000 Kms UP!

12000 kms update

Our car turned one last week.And the experience with it has been very good.Finished the 3rd free service.Had done few highway trips in between and the car has behaved very well,sometimes exceeded my expectations.The car has been fantastic so far except for a few niggles.

The most famous steering rattling problem started from 9K kms.It started as a light hum and grew into a pretty noticeable sound a thousand kms later.This was rectified during the 3rd free service by tightening the steering rack since the yoke pad and spring replacement was done during the second free service.Incidently,the rattling problem cropped up after they changed the pad and spring during the second service.Talk about "Don't fix it if it aint broke" philospohy.Before that it was perfect. No sound at all!.

The car was pulling to the left and was a royal pain to drive at high speeds on highways.A proper alignment solved this problem.Now it is pretty stable on straights.AC is good enough for Bangalore climate.Morover,we dont use AC 90% of time.So it does not matter to us anyway.

I have got used to the light steering now and car corner at high speeds pretty confidently.The engine is brilliant and continues to impress me.Super fun to drive.Wish they had combined Punto's dynamics with i20's Engine.Would have been a killer package.

Got the oil filter and engine oil changed to Mobil Delvac 1 fully syntheyic during the third free service.Cost Rs.3500 for a 5L can.Done 300 kms since then and the initial impressions are very positive.The diesel clatter at idle has reduced and is almost non existient once the engine is warmed up.Remarkable difference from the mineral oil Delvac MX i was using before.The car pulls better in 2nd gear.Before i had to downshift to 1st while taking speed breakers.Now i can manage in 2nd itself.

I need a clarification from you guys.After i changed the engine oil to Delvac 1,the service adviser said my Engine warranty is void since i have not filled up oil from them.Since there will be no entry regarding the engine oil change against my car in their database,they wont honor warranty if any problem with engine crops up.I want to know how credible their argument is! They use shell helix ultra and it does not meet the manufacturers specifications of API-CH4 and above and Mobil Delvac 1 is exceeds the recommendations.Also there is no mention in the user manual that says to fill only service center provided oil.But still they insist on putting that oil priced at an exorbitant Rs.1100 per liter.Interestingly they had not mentioned about the warranty before i filled up the oil.Also they had not mentioned it when i had changed to Delvac MX during second service.As soon as i put the new oil this time they have started this drama.Please throw some light on this guys.I am really worried!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks