Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 15:22   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: 60,000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Where is this Vishnu garage you mentioned?
It's on the Chord road near Warrier bakery to the left side going towards Yeshwanthpur from Vijayanagar side. I don't have first hand experience visiting that service centre, only heard from a friend.
Old 8th January 2015, 16:31   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
It's on the Chord road near Warrier bakery to the left side going towards Yeshwanthpur from Vijayanagar side. I don't have first hand experience visiting that service centre, only heard from a friend.
That is a familiar area for me. Will check with them once.
Old 16th January 2015, 22:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
This by far turned out to be the most expensive service till date , totalling to 12.5K . And this is strictly going by what is prescribed in the manual. It has even exceeded VW's periodic maintenance costs. Labour charges for tasks are really high. Looks like Hyundai is indeed becoming heavier on the pocket! Hyundai have revised the labour costs from Jan 1st 2015 !
Next time please ask them(in writing) what all is included in the periodic maintenance labor cost.
From the bill it looks like you are paying 1480/- to just get the engine oil, air filter, oil filter changed and vehicle washed. Any FNG will do it for 300/-, another 350 for washing.

They have charged you labor for coolant change, clutch and brake bleeding,brake cleaning and fuel filter replacement which should have ideally been included in the Periodic maintenance labor as this is a part of routine maintenance and not repair.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 11:04   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Next time please ask them(in writing) what all is included in the periodic maintenance labor cost.
From the bill it looks like you are paying 1480/- to just get the engine oil, air filter, oil filter changed and vehicle washed. Any FNG will do it for 300/-, another 350 for washing.

They have charged you labor for coolant change, clutch and brake bleeding,brake cleaning and fuel filter replacement which should have ideally been included in the Periodic maintenance labor as this is a part of routine maintenance and not repair.
You are so totally right. Never occurred to me!

However Caliper greasing is usually not included in the PMS .

Next time will ensure that I am not getting ripped off. Actually the HASS where I used to get it serviced earlier did not charge for Diesel filter change . Next time I will be careful! Thanks

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 17th January 2015 at 11:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks