Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 19:21   #31
BHPian

Dear me, it's not an SUV but a monster on wheels. Excellent!
Old 6th September 2010, 19:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey guys
Here are some pics from the day of the purchase

I would post the travelogue, actually its more of a short travel experience from Bangalore to Delhi and then start with the ownership experience in a couple of days
Hi Harjeev,
Hearty Congrats! We talked about a TLC on a Friday in Delhi when we met and Voila the next day you found one and the third day you bought it !! You are very lucky Paaji!! Thanks for the lovely pics.

Was waiting for this thread to start to see the pics. Now waiting for the travelogue and ownership experience report.

Cheers
JC
Old 6th September 2010, 20:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Congratz thats one well kept vehicle. Wishing you many happy miles in the FJ.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:22   #34
BHPian

Great buy Harjeev.

Post some internal pics dude.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
clean.......
have fun sir
Thanks Allan. I would keep bothering you with queries from now on!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Congratulations Harjeev. At first I was searching for someone at Team-BHP with the handle named TRAMWAY (Actually my handle is trammway)!

It was pleasure meeting you, RedOne, Santhosh and Ranbir on that day. I throughly enjoyed the drive too. You know what I had real fun on my 800 odd kms on the weekend with my Explorer.

I just came back home driving my TLC FJ62 for 600kms today, same is the reason for delay in replying to you post here. Tips: Petrol bills is not too high! ;-)
Oops!!! My Bad. TRAMMWAY
Thanks to you and Santosh for all the help extended during my short visit to Bangalore. It wouldn't have been possible without the help and advise of you all. Cheers Mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
congrats on your purchase. im sure you got your money's worth and the trip to bangalore was worth every Rupee.
Thanks Pram.
Quote:
guys this photo shows what TEAM BHP is ALL about!
you know. one guy is from Jallandur, another from Delhi, third from Chennai and two from Bangalore.
This is exactly what teambhp is all about. And Ranbir too is on Teambhp, but I do not know his handle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Dear me, it's not an SUV but a monster on wheels. Excellent!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Hi Harjeev,
Hearty Congrats! We talked about a TLC on a Friday in Delhi when we met and Voila the next day you found one and the third day you bought it !! You are very lucky Paaji!! Thanks for the lovely pics.

Was waiting for this thread to start to see the pics. Now waiting for the travelogue and ownership experience report.

Cheers
JC
Shibu, I had no idea that I would own this monster in a span of two days. Its thanks to RENEGAE who pointed me in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz thats one well kept vehicle. Wishing you many happy miles in the FJ.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Great buy Harjeev.
Thanks
Quote:
Post some internal pics dude.
Will do in a couple of days. Actually all the pending work in office is piled up from last weeks absence, so that would be cleared in a day or two.

REGISTRATION Help/ Advise Needed

Hey guys, As everyone's aware that the vehicle is registered in Mumbai and the registration cannot be transferred to Delhi or NCR due to the EURO pollution norms applicability . So I would have to get it registered either in Haryana or Punjab. As luck would have it I have some relatives in Ludhiana and they have very kindly agreed to enter into a rental agreement with me (for the purpose of address proof) so that I can get it registered there. Also I have arranged for the NOC issuance from Mumbai (again thanks to teambhp, specifically the Teambhp directory section of Mumbai).
Now I need some help with regards to the reference of a middleman for doing work in Ludhiana, as going there is no problem but I need someone who has experienced in doing such kind of work.
In case anyone has any info please do let me know. I'll really appreciate the help/ advise
Thanks

Last edited by harjeev : 7th September 2010 at 13:32.
Old 7th September 2010, 22:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well done, the LC looks very clean.

I wonder what is next in your SUV buy list?
Old 8th September 2010, 12:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harjeev!!

Your LC looks really nice. I happened to sit in one of those on my trip to Kailash Mansarovar. Infact we drove in them for good 15 days on roads that never existed. They were very comfortable and have great power and performed very well in altitudes above 15000ft.

Missed meeting you this time in Jaipur but I am sure there will be a next time too.

Good luck

Regards
Dhiraj
Old 8th September 2010, 12:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Harjeev. She is indeed a lovely thing! It was a prize catch I must say. We are waiting to see you go on proper off road trips now. I remember how you lamented that for any very long distance touring you had to take a 2WD safari, and being a 2WD you could not venture to the remoter areas!

Regarding registration, ludhiana will be good, as tax is just 2%, but don't you know anybody in chandigarh, the tax there is 6500rs I think!!
As for ludhiana, deal very carefully with middlemen there, often they do empty talk. Go to a bigger dealer in the feroze gandhi market(near Bhai wala chowk) car bazaar. If you have a day or two time, I can inquire about some reliable guy there.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 8th September 2010 at 12:59.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:48   #39
BANNED

harjeev,

i think you can register in the NCR. i had a talk with the Noida RTO regarding a PB47 vehicle and he said what they require is a NOC and a proof to indicate the price of the vehicle to calculate the road tax. i think it is only the new vehicles that can't be registered here, transfer is always possible.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harjeev, what wonderful machine.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harjeev, Your machine looks awesome. Please also post your initial ownership experience.

Cheers.
Old 9th September 2010, 00:36   #42
BHPian

Congrats Harjeev for the excellent buy, During our trip to Leh there was a 80 series LC owned by Sanjay and you can vouch on the reliabilty of these machines. Put some raid official stickers on it and sure will be a head turner.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:03   #43
BHPian

Congrats buddy.

its raining FJs on TBHP

Any Modifications planned?
Old 9th September 2010, 12:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Well done, the LC looks very clean.

I wonder what is next in your SUV buy list?
Thanks Satnam. Actually buddy I can't thanks you enough. The GPS that you'd sent to me was a big life saver in the entire trip. Thought I already have garmin but the big screen of the Binatone GPS Navigator was a really big advantage. Thanks a ton.
And regarding the upgrade, I think that I already have what I always dreamed for. The most logical upgrade to this would be the 100 series but not for a long long time now. Let me atleast start using this for what its meant. LONG distance Road Trips. If all goes well the first one would happen starting next month. Fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Congrats Harjeev!!

Your LC looks really nice. I happened to sit in one of those on my trip to Kailash Mansarovar. Infact we drove in them for good 15 days on roads that never existed. They were very comfortable and have great power and performed very well in altitudes above 15000ft.

Missed meeting you this time in Jaipur but I am sure there will be a next time too.

Good luck

Regards
Dhiraj
Thanks a ton Dhiraj. And a double thanks for the courtesy extended by you and Yogesh while I was in Jaipur. I actually wanted to thanks you and Yogesh personally but have been so caught up in work since i came back, that I haven't been even able to do justice to this thread. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Congratulations Harjeev. She is indeed a lovely thing! It was a prize catch I must say. We are waiting to see you go on proper off road trips now. I remember how you lamented that for any very long distance touring you had to take a 2WD safari, and being a 2WD you could not venture to the remoter areas!
Thanks a lot Tanveer. Its actually thanks to you that I started dreaming of a 4WD SUV in the 1st place. Your road trip have been my envy since the start but now I can say that I too could start making my own. But still theres loads to learn from masters like yourself. Well keep bugging you from now on.
Also I am not saying that I cannot take a 2WD and venture out. Its just when one has a 4WD vehicle one tends to take slightly more off-beat routes and venture out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Congrats Harjeev, what wonderful machine.
Thanks Rajiv. Hope to meet you in person over the weekend. I would be at the workshop tomorrow and might be on Saturday too. Will call you and it would be wonderful if you could drop in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Congrats Harjeev, Your machine looks awesome. Please also post your initial ownership experience.

Cheers.
Thanks buddy. Was caught up in work and by this weekend I would definitely do justice to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Congrats Harjeev for the excellent buy, During our trip to Leh there was a 80 series LC owned by Sanjay and you can vouch on the reliabilty of these machines. Put some raid official stickers on it and sure will be a head turner.
Thanks Amar.
Yes I've seen sanjays 80 series and I still remember the 1st time I sat in the vehicle. That was in Feb 2010 when we were at the Desert Storm Official meet in Delhi. Then as I said earlier it was all thanks to RENEGADE that he din't let the TLC dream die in me. Loving it ever since.
Sanjay's FJ80 is a beautiful machine and its top of the line. It has everything company fitted. Mine is a much more basic model but the engine is the same 1HD T 6 cylinder inline, though his vehicle comes with more gadgets and has 2 batteries to support that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Congrats buddy.

its raining FJs on TBHP

Any Modifications planned?
Thanks buddy. Your SWB FJ is a marvel in itself and I believe that both (your FJ & mne) share the same engine. Please upload some engine bay pics in your thread.

REGISTRATION UPDATE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Regarding registration, ludhiana will be good, as tax is just 2%, but don't you know anybody in chandigarh, the tax there is 6500rs I think!!
As for ludhiana, deal very carefully with middlemen there, often they do empty talk. Go to a bigger dealer in the feroze gandhi market(near Bhai wala chowk) car bazaar. If you have a day or two time, I can inquire about some reliable guy there.
Thanks again Tanveer. I have all the time. I am in no hurry. But what I was thinking is that if I can drive a Ludhiana PB10 number in Delhi, I can drive a MH01 number in Delhi too. So I was wondering if I first get the vehicle transferred in my name and retain the Mumbai number and then keep on inquiring about registration in Ludhiana and NCR, if possible.
Another thought that came to my mind was that if in future I decide to sell the TLC wouldn't it be easier to sell a Mumbai MH01 registered vehicle compared to a Punjab registered one. Whats say???
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
harjeev,

i think you can register in the NCR. i had a talk with the Noida RTO regarding a PB47 vehicle and he said what they require is a NOC and a proof to indicate the price of the vehicle to calculate the road tax. i think it is only the new vehicles that can't be registered here, transfer is always possible.
I also used to think that I would be able to transfer the vehicle in Delhi but had a detailed talk with a senior guy in Janakpuri RTO and he plainly said that it is not possible. Was quoting some supreme court ruling. Also the difference between the Gypsy and my vehicle is that yours is still in production by my vehicle was never produced in India.

DRIVE FROM BANGALORE TO DELHI

Guys I drove down the vehicle from Bangalore to DELHI. I would be updating the thread in due time but here's a snapshot of the drive...
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-map-bangalore-delhi-aug2010.jpg  

Last edited by harjeev : 9th September 2010 at 12:43.
Old 9th September 2010, 13:28   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
REGISTRATION UPDATE

Thanks again Tanveer. I have all the time. I am in no hurry. But what I was thinking is that if I can drive a Ludhiana PB10 number in Delhi, I can drive a MH01 number in Delhi too. So I was wondering if I first get the vehicle transferred in my name and retain the Mumbai number and then keep on inquiring about registration in Ludhiana and NCR, if possible.
Another thought that came to my mind was that if in future I decide to sell the TLC wouldn't it be easier to sell a Mumbai MH01 registered vehicle compared to a Punjab registered one. Whats say???
You will need an address proof in Mumbai for vehicle to be transferred in your name.
Regarding resale, remember, Punjab is the land of luxury vehicles. Its much easier to sell an import in PB, esp a well maintained import.
Since you intend to use it on trips to himachal etc., and you will be visiting punjab often, a PB-10 number will mean nobody harasses or stops you at the nakas. Even in HP there are PB number cars galore, ditto for Uttrakhand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks