Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 04:40   #106
BHPian

Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Finally had the brake pads replaced at Hosur itself. Couple of days back checked at one local automobile store and they had the TVS Girling pads for Safari but Part Number was slightly different from what has been posted earlier in Safari technical problems thread.
so I didn't buy it. Cost quoted was Rs.1100.
Yesterday I checked with another store and they had the same one posted in the thread so I bought it. Cost was Rs.1450.

Went to Hosur TASS, met with the SA I know and in 30 minutes they replaced the pads.
Also topped up fluids and did general check up, all OK.
He confirmed that the pads I have bought are same ones they have, and their cost is Rs.3300. The old pads he said still have some 5000kms left.

Bulgy is at 36000KMS on the odo, so I think I have got good life with the first pads. Need to see how long this set lasts.
I paid labour of Rs.650. So total pad change cost was Rs. 2100.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

hey friend congratulations for your safari EX, i am also planning to go for a Safari EX or may be GX, how is the mileage and maintenance part of safari
Old 6th January 2012, 13:54   #108
BHPian

Happy New Year to everyone.
Did a Hosur-Kanyakumari trip during last week of 2011, round trip of 1200kms approximate.

Bulgy is at 39K now. Haven't been able to spend much time on her lately, wheel alignment & rotation has been pending; wanted to change engine oil at 37.5K but didn't get around to do it; need to do one round of waxing also...
She has been purring happily inspite of lack of attention, will get around to pamper her soon.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:54   #109
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a happy Safari review, since am gona join the club these threads bring a smile please keep updating!
Old 24th February 2012, 05:09   #110
BHPian

Bulgy is at 42000kms now on the ODO, and 15 months into niggle free ownership.
The last free service at 45K is fast approaching and is going to be an important service.

Apart from a couple of rattles here and there, nothing to report.
Old 24th February 2012, 05:40   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
You are zooming past KMs in your Safari. In just more than a year you crossed 40K Kms. . I just reached 20K Kms in my Safari.

It is true that nothing to report in my Safari as well.
Old 28th February 2012, 18:09   #112
BHPian

Quote:
The last free service at 45K is fast approaching and is going to be an important service.

Apart from a couple of rattles here and there, nothing to report.
Hi Verditer, Good going on your safari. Mine too crossed 46K in 15 months and going good. How much 'km' you run with your tank filled. Mine seems to do around 550 to 600 where as i think it used to do around 800 in initial days.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:10   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Hi Verditer, Good going on your safari. Mine too crossed 46K in 15 months and going good. How much 'km' you run with your tank filled. Mine seems to do around 550 to 600 where as i think it used to do around 800 in initial days.
I haven't checked it recently, but roughly a tank full will take me around 700kms..
In day to day driving, I am getting between 11 to 12 kmpl with 25% A/c.

550 to 600kms for full tank sounds a little low, maybe check your tyres, pressure, fuel quality etc? I'm always filling at IOC pumps and stick to 1 or 2 pumps in the town.

Are you done with your free service at 45K kms? How much did it cost? Anything done specially?
Old 29th February 2012, 11:21   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't checked it recently, but roughly a tank full will take me around 700kms..
In day to day driving, I am getting between 11 to 12 kmpl with 25% A/c.

550 to 600kms for full tank sounds a little low, maybe check your tyres, pressure, fuel quality etc? I'm always filling at IOC pumps and stick to 1 or 2 pumps in the town.

Are you done with your free service at 45K kms? How much did it cost? Anything done specially?
Even I get similar to ameaaa as my driving involves lots of city driving and idling at jams. I think you mostly drive on Whitefield - Hosur road so probably less clutch and brake usage in that stretch also less idling.

But when I go on highway I get 14 KMPL average. My usage of AC is 100% in all condition and I rarely drive with windows down. I feel 10 KMPL in city condition is good average.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:32   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Even I get similar to ameaaa as my driving involves lots of city driving and idling at jams. I think you mostly drive on Whitefield - Hosur road so probably less clutch and brake usage in that stretch also less idling.

But when I go on highway I get 14 KMPL average. My usage of AC is 100% in all condition and I rarely drive with windows down. I feel 10 KMPL in city condition is good average.
I agree with you, Anuj. My driving is 90% on highways since I'm in Hosur.
14kmpl is a very decent FE on highways for Safari.., good going.
But it is hard to keep a watch on getting good FE, Safari tempts you way too much to press the pedal on the open highway or when you're in the mood to roar! :-)
Old 29th February 2012, 12:09   #116
BHPian

Thank you guys for the info. Mine I feel it dropped after Prerana changed the turbo charger. Will take it to Concorde and will have a check. Turbo charger was replaced as part of a troubleshooting for check engine light coming ON and missing at 1500.

Verdictor: My 45K service is done in prerana and costed me around 7300. Usual oil and filter changes, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, wheel balancing except I had requested for an engine flush.
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:40   #117
BHPian

This week was a little bad for Bulgy. On tuesday, while standing in bumper to bumper traffic in whitefield, a 407 guy banged from behind, and she barged into the indica standing a few feet in front. It was a bad jolt and I was sure I'm having a few broken parts. Got down and went behind, and to my surprise there was nothing broken, not even a scratch, just some dirt marks on the stepney cover, which I wiped off with hand.
The 407's bonnet had a big dent and had bent inwards few inches.

The indica into which Bulgy digged in also didn't have much damage. And nothing to my front bumper as well. So, gave a mouthful to the 407 driver and went on my way.

Same day evening, there was a bang on the left door and I think it must have been a stone coming from a mini-truck's wheel, since the noise came exactly when I was overtaking the minitruck. On checking, there was a deep scratch and a mild dent below the door handle, a centimeter thick.

This morning, again, similar bang sound on right door and on checking, same kind of centimeter wide, deep scratch, but no dent. Should be a stone again, I think.
Both scratches are deep exposing the metal, and paint is gone.
What should I do? Get it fixed at TASS or is there a product I can DIY?
Old 9th March 2012, 11:19   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Verdictor: My 45K service is done in prerana and costed me around 7300. Usual oil and filter changes, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, wheel balancing except I had requested for an engine flush.
Verditer: 45K service needs a change of your gear box oil too.. Mine was missed by TASS and now i am taking the car for the oil change.Was you rear axle oil replaced at 15000 service? Also how about brake and clutch oil change at 30000?
Old 9th March 2012, 13:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This week was a little bad for Bulgy. On tuesday, while standing in bumper to bumper traffic in whitefield, a 407 guy banged from behind, and she barged into the indica standing a few feet in front. It was a bad jolt and I was sure I'm having a few broken parts. Got down and went behind, and to my surprise there was nothing broken, not even a scratch, just some dirt marks on the stepney cover, which I wiped off with hand.
The 407's bonnet had a big dent and had bent inwards few inches.

The indica into which Bulgy digged in also didn't have much damage. And nothing to my front bumper as well. So, gave a mouthful to the 407 driver and went on my way.

Same day evening, there was a bang on the left door and I think it must have been a stone coming from a mini-truck's wheel, since the noise came exactly when I was overtaking the minitruck. On checking, there was a deep scratch and a mild dent below the door handle, a centimeter thick.

This morning, again, similar bang sound on right door and on checking, same kind of centimeter wide, deep scratch, but no dent. Should be a stone again, I think.
Both scratches are deep exposing the metal, and paint is gone.
What should I do? Get it fixed at TASS or is there a product I can DIY?
Wow, good you were in a Safari, both rear & front bump. For the doors If its just a scratch where the paint has come off then it should be a simple DIY with com-paint. I saw a bundled package of com-paint at reliance Autozone where you get the paint, sealant, scratch remover paste, sanding paper. for some 600 i think if my memory serves me right.
Old 9th March 2012, 14:12   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to know about bangs that you got. Please check rear door thoroughly behind spare tyre and its mount points for any damages. One thing is sure, this rear door tyre acts as deterrent in Safari for any rear damages.

Even I had left passenger door stone marks at two places 10 cms apart. Dents are visible at both the places but there is no scratch mark at those points. I left as it is and it is showing dimples on door (beauty spots).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks