Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:55   #136
BHPian

Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Your love for ride makes me say 'wow'. Keep revving. All the best!
Old 4th July 2013, 13:19   #137
BHPian

Took Bulgy to Prerana Motors Kudlu Gate Bangalore yesterday for a general checkup and oil top up.
She is at 86K and approaching 90K service. The power steering fluid had gone below low level, engine oil also was little less. It consumed 1/2 litre engine oil.

Prerana also updated the ECU firmware. I think I see improvement in the hiccup issue that has been there from day 1.
It is very less pronounced now, but I can tell for sure after some days only.
Otherwise I didn't observe any noticeable difference due to ECU firmware update.

The clutch seems to be ok these days without much hardness, though nothing has been done specifically for it.

Prerana also cleaned the brake liners and greased where required. Coolant also was topped up.

The key fob battery has started dying down, and sometimes I have hard time deactivating immobiliser and entering the car.
Interestingly, even the unused key fob battery also has died down completely.
Prerana told me to visit some watch shop to replace the battery.
Is it CR2032 cell inside?

Tyres continue to be in decent shape, I have a feeling they may go beyond 90K. Lets see.

Recently broke the glass in right ORVM. Have to find a cheap glass to replace, will miss the OEM glass which has very good view. I dont want to spend rs.5k for the full set.
Old 4th September 2013, 10:54   #138
BHPian

My beloved workhorse completed 90,000 kms today. Got her serviced at KHT day before yesterday.
No major complaints, and all items per maintenance schedule in handbook were attended to.

Tyres can go for another 5000kms or more I think. I'm watching them.
Didn't do alignment and balancing at KHT as part of service, will be taking her to Tyre Empire separately.

Now, on to 100K!
Old 4th September 2013, 14:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
My beloved workhorse completed 90,000 kms today. Got her serviced at KHT day before yesterday.
No major complaints, and all items per maintenance schedule in handbook were attended to.

Tyres can go for another 5000kms or more I think. I'm watching them.
Didn't do alignment and balancing at KHT as part of service, will be taking her to Tyre Empire separately.

Now, on to 100K!
Sorry but is this the stock tyre set thats running till 90k ?
Old 4th September 2013, 14:39   #140
BHPian

Yes sir. Stock Bridgestone Duelers. And they do not look worn out either., having decent tread still left. I should take some photos and put it up here...
Old 6th December 2013, 06:39   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Yes sir. Stock Bridgestone Duelers. And they do not look worn out either., having decent tread still left. I should take some photos and put it up here...
The OEM Bridgestone Duellers that come in the Safari/Scorpio have tremendous life in them. In my 4x4 Scorpio It had about 10K of left when I sold the car at about 60K. This is despite the fact that I live in Ooty and go up an down the ghats regularly. I am sure if I had driven mostly on highways, it would have stretched to 90K.

This is provided you do keep your alignment/tyre pressure properly.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:52   #142
BHPian

Even in my Safari with Stock Bridgestone Duelers, more than 30% of tread still left out at 49K on odo. Except for the fact that one front tyre is having uneven wear because of bad alignment done last time.
Old 8th January 2014, 12:38   #143
BHPian

Well, she finally crossed 100,000 kms on the odo yesterday while returning from work. It was a very good feeling to have reached it.

No major complaints but the clutch needs to be worked upon. The pedal grinds at one point when pressed.

The parking brake light on dashboard continued to glow for the last one month even when the parking brake handle is fully down. I thought it was a sensor issue. Today had to top up the brake fluid because the level had gone down, and immediately after that, th parking brake sensor started behaving properly. Was surprised that the brake fluid level has an effect on the parking brake light also!!!!

And glad to report, the OEM tyres are still on duty. Time for some photographs.
Old 8th January 2014, 12:56   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Well, she finally crossed 100,000 kms on the odo yesterday while returning from work. It was a very good feeling to have reached it.
Congrats..!!

Touching a lac is something which is pretty special and I understand the feeling.

Yes, the brake light on the dash will be ON in case of a brake fluid level drop.

Continue munching miles...!!
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 14:10   #145
BHPian

Quote:

No major complaints but the clutch needs to be worked upon. The pedal grinds at one point when pressed.

The parking brake light on dashboard continued to glow for the last one month even when the parking brake handle is fully down. I thought it was a sensor issue. Today had to top up the brake fluid because the level had gone down, and immediately after that, th parking brake sensor started behaving properly. Was surprised that the brake fluid level has an effect on the parking brake light also!!!!

Congrats for reaching this Miles Milestone...Safari is definitely a deserving Workhorse.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 06:18   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Well, she finally crossed 100,000 kms on the odo yesterday while returning from work..
Congratulations ! yes, its a good feel and you may write up a "long term review" with the overall comments about your beast.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 10:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The parking brake light on dashboard continued to glow for the last one month even when the parking brake handle is fully down. I thought it was a sensor issue.
I had a similar issue on my Alto Lx. I believe it is standard, either the brake is on or there is low brake fluid and the sensor glows on.... useful feature. Congrats on the 1 lac km mark...
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 11:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, she finally crossed 100,000 kms on the odo yesterday while returning from work. It was a very good feeling to have reached it...
Congrats, verditer!

Not sure when I will be crossing this milestone! Miles to go! :(
Old 9th January 2014, 12:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Suresh - is Tyre Empire good for WA/WB of Safari? Have you been getting it done regularly from them? I am not too happy with the WA/WB done by KHT as a part of last service they did in November. In fact, I have left it again with them today just for getting it re-done as the car is pulling to the left.

Quote:
Well, she finally crossed 100,000 kms on the odo
Awesome!! Congratulations - 1L km in 3 years is some running... I am at 36K km in 4 years BTW, I keep seeing your Safari around iGate - not many TN70s around here you see
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Verditer

OE tyres at 100,000kms is unheard of for me. I wonder what would be the reasons that contribute to such long tread life ? Maybe because most of your running is in the highways where braking situations are minimal ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks