Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 17:54   #541
Senior - BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT- Update: 30,000 km/2nd service & new shoes!

Noops the 12 kmpl tank to tank for your AT is an eye popping number - add to it the hassle free "no clutch" drive and it really becomes awesome. My TDi averages around 13 kmpl in Mumbai city tank to tank.
Good to hear about your good experience during your first service - I was just wondering about the quantity of engine oil . Since during first service the old oil is emptied and the entire thing is refilled 3 lts seems a bit less .
For the TDi its 4.5 lts apprx that needs to be refilled .
Old 5th December 2011, 18:29   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

@noop, why would you believe the costs to be higher than a tdi, I would expect it to be lower. After all its a petrol

Surprised they didn't clean the mats or lay any "safe driving" paper mats for you - I guess that's reserved for the original customers!
Jokes apart, I guess that was a lapse - they did that both times when I gave the car to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hey noops,
Just curious to know: did you by any chance pick up from BUB; the make of the synthetic oil they used for your car?
Wonder which oil company VW is married to in India..
Castrol. And probably not for very long as mobil is breathing down on their necks. I believe audi just pulled out in the deal with castrol.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 18:39   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Noops the 12 kmpl tank to tank for your AT is an eye popping number - add to it the hassle free "no clutch" drive and it really becomes awesome. My TDi averages around 13 kmpl in Mumbai city tank to tank.
That's a very good figure. I don't think car would give more than 8 kmpl in Mumbai peak traffic. But the clutchless operation more than makes up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@noop, why would you believe the costs to be higher than a tdi, I would expect it to be lower. After all its a petrol
Har har. Those diesel fumes must be going to your head.
Quote:
Surprised they didn't clean the mats or lay any "safe driving" paper mats for you - I guess that's reserved for the original customers!
Hey I should have clarified- they DID put those paper mats in saying "Happy Journey" but the car didn't look CLEANED if you know what I mean. Hyundai used to leave my Accent really spic and span in and out- don't know if it was a special privilege for me or for all owners!
Old 5th December 2011, 18:50   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Castrol. And probably not for very long as mobil is breathing down on their necks. I believe audi just pulled out in the deal with castrol.
Are you serious ? There would be mishti party in Mumbai at my house if they embrace Mobil
I agree with you though that the common expectation is that diesels are costlier to maintain than petrols - AT would be no diff
BTW a look at the colour of the engine oil of a TDI that gets discarded during the first service would be shocking to any petrol user
Old 5th December 2011, 20:22   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Just curious to know: did you by any chance pick up from BUB; the make of the synthetic oil they used for your car?
Castrol B4 Magnatec Professional 5W-40. Semi Synthetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Are you serious ? There would be mishti party in Mumbai at my house if they embrace Mobil
I agree with you though that the common expectation is that diesels are costlier to maintain than petrols - AT would be no diff
BTW a look at the colour of the engine oil of a TDI that gets discarded during the first service would be shocking to any petrol user
That would be great, actually Porsche which is now being bought by VW recommends Mobil1 for its car. So VW Group of cars will follow suit. I'm joining your mishti party.
Old 5th December 2011, 21:20   #546
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Completed my 15,000 km/1year service last week. I got it done from the BU Bhandari folks whose service shop is at Wakad, not far from my place of work.

The estimate was 7K odd and the final bill was 8012/-
Hey Noopster,
Its 15K already? Wow! The Metallica trip seems to have hastened the milestone.

8K for the first service sounds reasonable. Is the servicing cost different for petrol v/s diesel, manual v/s automatic?

Drife safe and enjoy!
Old 5th December 2011, 21:29   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think 8K is a decent amount to pay for an annual servicing. Can a Honda City owner confirm what the cumulative cost of the first year services are? They are called "free" but as far as I know you need to pay for consumables. That will give a good head to head.
Hi Noops,

Congratulations on completing the 15,000 KM milestone.

8K is definitely on higher side IMO. I pay around 1000-1500 Rupees for every 5K service which includes oil and other consumables.

Even if we take the cost to 2000 Rupees per 5000 KMs then total cost comes around 6000 Rupees per 15000 KMs for Honda City (Manual).

No doubt yours is AT, may be the cost is lower for manual variant? Requesting AT Honda City owners to share their servicing cost.

Wishing you many happy miles!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 10:36   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, 8K versus 6K for the City is not bad at all (Consider that the City was MORE expensive than the Vento at the time of purchase). And Germans are known to be high-maintenance!

@SDP- yup, covered nearly 2000 km in under 5 days for the Metallica roadtrip! Else was headed for a service around mid-January, almost exactly a year into my purchase.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 20:16   #549
BHPian

Noopster,
I think you haven't changed the audio part yet on the car ?? I thought I saw the OE one in your Metallica travelogue..what happened ???

Cheers !

Last edited by polopm : 6th December 2011 at 20:16. Reason: missed words !
Old 6th December 2011, 20:57   #550
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think 8K is a decent amount to pay for an annual servicing. Can a Honda City owner confirm what the cumulative cost of the first year services are? They are called "free" but as far as I know you need to pay for consumables. That will give a good head to head.
Dont know about City, but I can definitely comment about Ford. All their free services are really free. One doesn't have to pay for engine oil or any other consumables.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 21:19   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

@polopm- waiting out the warranty, sir! Will splurge on a good integrated DVD/GPS/reverse camera HU in another year or so.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:21   #552
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@polopm- waiting out the warranty, sir! Will splurge on a good integrated DVD/GPS/reverse camera HU in another year or so.
Oh come on noops. Last week I was in Vashi, near Great Punjab where all these auto accessories shops are. Most of the ICEing was going on in brand new cars, some were not even registered. Looked like true enthusiasts were giving a damn about warranty. Har har cough, har.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 21:58   #553
Senior - BHPian

Is the warranty for two years then? Thought it was one year/15000km.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:44   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva
Is the warranty for two years then? Thought it was one year/15000km.
It's 2 years unlimited km. I checked with the dealer today.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:54   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Oh come on noops. Last week I was in Vashi, near Great Punjab where all these auto accessories shops are. Most of the ICEing was going on in brand new cars, some were not even registered. Looked like true enthusiasts were giving a damn about warranty. Har har cough, har.
You were in Vashi, we could have a small T-Bhp meet.
Those accessories shop are bunch of crap just selling only basic stuff. You cannot even get any Alpine, Kenwood, Morel etc, just plain simple Sony, Pioneer. Those people getting there cars accessorized are no way enthusiast, just plain icing.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks