Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2016, 12:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR

The power steering issue seems to be have disappeared on its own. Working fine since last one month. Hope it stays like this.
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:42   #182
Senior - BHPian

So this happened a few days back with my car. There was a sudden screeching noise while driving the car. Slowly drove it back home and got it checked by a neighbourhood mechanic this weekend.

Found this rod to be broken holding the chassis and wheel joint. I am not sure if the car was hit under the belly by some object or this happened due to ageing. I got the part replaced and issue rectified for Rs. 1500.

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag9537.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag9540.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag9541.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 20:34   #183
Senior - BHPian

4 April 2016. It's been 9 lovely & long years since my association with my trusted workhorse - my WagonR! It was 4th April 2007, when we bought our black beauty home.

Even being 9 years old, my car doesn't look like one. Maintained & taken care like a close family member, she has also served us so well. 58300 KMs of a wonderful journey which will still continue...

With age cropping up, it does have shown minor/major issues, but after rectification, it keeps coming back on the roads with same strong attitude.

Insurance renewed for Rs. 3000.

I did test drive of Brezza, planned to almost book it. But with steep waiting period I backed off and decided to retain my WagonR as of now.

Let's see what future has in store

Keep Revving!
Old 28th May 2016, 17:28   #184
Senior - BHPian

From past few days, there is thud noise from the front while taking the car on rough roads and the same thud vibration can be felt on steering also.

Possible suspension issue or something related to steering mechanism?
Old 31st May 2016, 17:49   #185
BHPian

@ Bluevolt : Nice to see that we both have similar vehicles. I too drive a Black Wagon-R, but it is Vxi and mine is also a 2007 model (November). I have clocked 66k on the odo as on date.

My vehicle is also performing nicely albeit some minor niggles due to ageing. Even I was tempted to change and have put it off at least for a year for now.
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 23:49   #186
Senior - BHPian

I noticed the rear-left tyre havig more wear than all other tyres. All tyres were replaced around 15k KMs back. But when I have a look at the rear-left one, it appears to be wearing out 25% faster!

Right now the Odo is at 61500 KMs mark and the tyres were replaced at 44,000 KMs. No suspension work done till date.

Possible suspension issue?
Old 21st January 2017, 18:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

The car is about to reach 63,000 KMs mark. WagonR is running fine all these days with minor hiccups including replacement of couple of fuse indicator bulbs, headlight lamp, and a broken AC compressor belt.

My WagonR will celebrate its 10th Anniversary this year on 4th April!

How time flies! And the WagonR is still going strong.

A true value for money vehicle that is built to last.
Old 24th September 2017, 20:14   #188
Senior - BHPian

10 years, 5 months and 20 days. What an amazing journey it was with my beloved WagonR.

Bought on 4th April 2007 and finally sold today i.e. 24th September 2017. '

It was hard decision, I wanted to keep her for couple of more years. But considering her age, we finally made the decision to let the WagonR go.

It was wonderful time with WagonR. I learnt driving all my self in this car only. Went places with friends in college days. Roamed around the town giving exams, job interviews and all those memories that I had is hard to put in words. Now as IT professional since last couple of years, WagonR was still accompanying me even with her age catching up and crossed 10 years mark in all her glory.

WagonR will always remain my all time favorite hatchback.

Final odo reading was 64,100 KMs. Will miss it.

Another car from Maruti stable will take place of the WagonR - The Maruti Suzuki Baleno. More details about it in her new ownership thread which will be up by Diwali festival.

Thanks a lot guys for catching up this thread. It was wonderful always to update the long term ownership review of My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR.

Some final pics before I handed over the car to True Value people.

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-20170924_141647.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-20170924_141656.jpg

A pic from the past when WagonR was in all her glory!

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-1025508_533562173373215_1294237019_o.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-1064895_533561726706593_318493472_o.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th September 2017 at 20:15.
bluevolt is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:23   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Another reason for fluctuating RPM could be a stuck IAC valve. Sometimes, due to dirt the valve is unable to spin freely and gets stuck at a position. This is the reason why I mostly DIY Throttle body cleaning on a regular basis.

Secondly, if the IAC Solenoid is not getting adequate voltage (till 5 Volts), it causes the IAC to perform abnormally.
However, like you mentioned above, before going to this level of troubleshooting, it is better to check the following basics:
  • Spark Plug Gap
  • Clean the Spark plugs
  • Clean the Air Filter
  • Ignition coil pairs supplying current to the Spark plugs
  • Dirt in Injectors due to bad quality fuel
My WagonR automatic has been revving very high on idle. It goes above 1000RPM and goes to sub 1000 RPM and remains in a loop. I googled for this and it points to IAC. Your post and few others (Problem: High Idle RPM) confirm this.

Manifold leak - check vacuum is another troubleshooting point I gather. Comments?

Lastly, @paragsachania, would you consider it safe to drive a high revving engine to the workshop for service? Or is it safer to have it towed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks