Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 11:57   #121
Senior - BHPian

My yellow nano!

Attached Images

Old 11th September 2011, 17:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
My yellow nano!...
Foby, that yellow LTD sticker matches very well with the nano yellow. I have one unused and would give it a try. After all its a recognition sign for team-bhpians on road
Old 12th September 2011, 15:33   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
My yellow nano!
Yellow Nano looking good saar! Wish you many a safe mile together

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Foby, that yellow LTD sticker matches very well with the nano yellow. I have one unused and would give it a try. After all its a recognition sign for team-bhpians on road
shajufx, I agree it matches well. But for spottings it is better to have a contrasting colour so that it stands out from the rest of the the car. Perhaps the Got bhp or LCLC one would be eye catching on this colour.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Mine has crossed 4100 kms in just over 6 months being mostly a Weekend ride!
She has bruises on the LHS which i will get corrected soon.

I have shifted to a building which has parking lot full and there is only one place vacant which needs tight reversing, which is ONLY and ONLY possible easily in NANO.
Even M800 will struggle to park in that spot!

The other parking slot which is easier has been occupied by my dear Padmini

Mileage has been impressive, and she has taken bad roads in my area in her stride.
Yesterday went to a shopping festival which was in a ground, due to rains access to parking was slushy!

I could see few cars swaying while negotiating slush, NANO handled that stuff really well!

With 4 adults on board i had to on occasions rev her a bit, but she never got stuck.

I wish we see more cusion on rear seats in the next version.

Apart from that NANO has been brilliant! check out the Kaas- Bamnoli Team bhp meet which i attended in NANO!
Old 12th December 2011, 13:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

My Nano has crossed the 5000K mark and is now at 5600kms.
No issues yet, looking forward to adding much more kms on the odo.

Nano 2012 in Papaya orange is a Stunner, liked the black dash in CX

My Nano's Moonsoon Trip to BHIMASHANKAR near PUNE

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01727.jpg

Name:  DSC01737.JPG
Views: 1695
Size:  61.9 KB

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01773.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01789.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01793.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01804.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01822.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01851.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01798.jpg  

silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 14:32   #126
BHPian

Congrats Silverado for clearing more than 5k kms in nano. Wish you many more happy miles and smiles with your nano.

O.T.

How is the road condition on this route. I am due for my parents to show Bhimashankar.
Is it doable in one day? Heared the road was not so good in many patches on the hilly ghats.
Hope the condition is improved when you drove.
Pls update.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 12th December 2011, 14:40   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congrats Silverado for clearing more than 5k kms in nano. Wish you many more happy miles and smiles with your nano.

O.T.

How is the road condition on this route. I am due for my parents to show Bhimashankar.
Is it doable in one day? Heared the road was not so good in many patches on the hilly ghats.
Hope the condition is improved when you drove.
Pls update.

Regards,
Maverick79
I did this is Sept , roads till Manchar are superb being NH50, but after that they are bad only in patches, that too very few, overall roads are very much driveable after Manchar.

Ghat roads are ok, not as bad as someone must have mentioned, you will surely enjoy the ride , hopefully conditions are similar to Sept

Absolutely doable in Oneday provided Queue of Darshan is not too long.
Its just 258 kms return trip if i remember correctly.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:21   #128
Senior - BHPian

Congrats silverado on nearing the 6K mark!
I am kind of stuck at the 3.5K mark.

Have you had any communication about updates/ upgrades from Tata?
Also, I was thrown a question by someone I could not answer. What is different/ new in the 2012 version that is not there in the earlier 2011 models (other than the colours)? I have no idea, so thought I should ask you
Old 12th December 2011, 21:18   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats silverado on nearing the 6K mark!
I am kind of stuck at the 3.5K mark.

Have you had any communication about updates/ upgrades from Tata?
Also, I was thrown a question by someone I could not answer. What is different/ new in the 2012 version that is not there in the earlier 2011 models (other than the colours)? I have no idea, so thought I should ask you
Thanks Selfdrive.Nano is being heavily used in PUNE, Padmini has hardly put on 50 kms in last 4-5 months.Feels bad to even think, but i might have to sell Padmini soon since i am struggling to maintain her.

No communication about updates yet.

Difference is as below - NANO LX

1) Slightly better seat cusions
2) Front and Rear seat headrest design is different
3) Beige fabrics
4) Beige Dash
5) Silver centre console
6) Silver cover on gear shifter
7) Improved steering geometry resulting in easier steering.
8) Rear seat flipping mechanism changed to single pull type thread.
9) Left side outside RVM
10) 38 bhp , 51 Nm
11) New colours
12) Full Wheel covers.
13) Tinted front screen

Price = 2.11 Ex showroom PUNE

I am looking forward to visit Phadke car decor, how far should it be from Wakad?

Last edited by silverado : 12th December 2011 at 21:23.
Old 26th December 2011, 05:09   #130
Senior - BHPian

Team

Nano is past 6400kms now.

She was extensively used in mumbai during a wedding function in our family, all of close to 300kms in 3 days only within mumbai.

There was a situation wherein i had to drop 4 adults with 2 medium sized trolley bags, 3 soft bags to station.

No one thought all this might fit in Nano, but it did.
2 Trolley bags were kept upright in dicky, while a Soft bag managed to rest in the narrow space left, i was unable to close ( locking position ) the rear seat backrest, but no one realised that

The biggest soft bag was gulped by the huge space ahead of front left seat, the last bag had to be carried on lap of the front passenger with a part resting on dash.

This exercise gave a lot of satisfaction since i did not have to get cab inspite of this, nor did i miss my Padmini.

One more thing , i recorded my fastest journey between Mumbai-Pune.
Started at 7.15am from Dadar, reached hinjewadi Ph-2 at 9.50am, with 15 min break, this was with 3 adults on board and some luggage.

FE = 3 bars of fuel left ( 6ltrs aprrox + 2.5-3ltrs reserve ) , have till date covered exactly 200kms since Tank full.

A Indigo diesel was absolutely unhappy with the brisk rate at which Nano was climbing the mild ghat section, but he only managed to overtake me after Amrutanjan bridge

Last edited by silverado : 26th December 2011 at 05:17.
Old 26th December 2011, 09:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Team

Nano is past 6400kms now.

She was extensively used in mumbai during a wedding function in our family, all of close to 300kms in 3 days only within mumbai.
Add a '0' to your Nano's mile crunched and that what my Estilo is on .
Btw, did you checked the 2012 Nano?
Nano earned respect the time we went together on our Kaas meet as I was observing it over all curves and straights.
Good to see that it is also of less maintainance unlike other TATA products that comes with little/minor *surprises* over trips, specially my much favourite Safari.

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2012 at 11:24. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 27th December 2011, 14:27   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Add a '0' to your Nano's mile crunched and that what my Estilo is on .
Btw, did you checked the 2012 Nano?
Nano earned respect the time we went together on our Kaas meet as I was observing it over all curves and straights.
Good to see that it is also of less maintainance unlike other TATA products that comes with little/minor *surprises* over trips, specially my much favourite Safari.
i dont think my Nano will touch that figure soon since i do not intend to use it to office everyday.

And its Kms nomadabhi and not miles, i guess
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:43   #133
BHPian

Ever since I first heard about this car, I've hankered after a close look. the idea, the thinking to me as a fan of small Italian cars, seemed to be the ideal 21st century update to an old problem, transporting a family and their gear around cheaply.

Today at Concorde dealership, on the link Road, i finally got a chance to get up close and personal with the little gem. wow! what a surprise, Nikhil the sales exec showed me round the dealers silver 2012 showroom car, fit and finish looked spot on, sat square on her tiny wheels, all shiny and cheeky. inside was very surprised to see at 6ft3in i fitted behind the wheel no problem, and there was space for another 6 footer behind me! inside, ok the plastics were a little 80s japan, but nothing squeaked, and all the essentials were in order i do however think a split rear seat for flexibility would be a good idea.

then the big moment, Nikhil gets the keys to the road tester car, a bright yellow one! out we go, him driving of course, main roads in mumbai are not for the euro driver! pickup seemed very good, engine willing to rev, all the while i'm asking loads of questions and Nikhil the pro is anwering them in full...he turns off to a back road, gets out and says have a go.....

i've driven all manner of vehicles in the last 23 years, but this drive ranks right there with the best, i really mean it, what a moment! it so reminded me of the best of italian and japanese car engineering from the 80s. light, nimble, chuckable, the engine smoothly revs up, although the limiter could be a touch higher....changes direction like a fly, you can see the tilt as you push harder than you should, but it holds on, cornering on her handles. visibilty was great, drive position very comfy. those ten minutes i'll always remember.
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-406256_2754062782587_1588220543_2540376_697328945_a.jpg
would i have one? in a heartbeat, top spec fully loaded, with some choice extras i think would be around £3.5k, which is a steal. but, no chance of getting one in europe, the formula, as it stands is a very indiacentric one, and quite right too, to euro it would lose the charm, add weight, and make another bland eurobox clone.

i wish this cracking little car every success, silverado-sorry to hijack your thread, i didn't think would be worth a thread on its own

Last edited by jai-uno-t : 2nd January 2012 at 18:47.
jai-uno-t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-uno-t View Post
i wish this cracking little car every success, silverado-sorry to hijack your thread, i didn't think would be worth a thread on its own
Dear Jai, even though this thread was started by me, i feel it should be used for any experience related to NANO in OUR lives

Thanks for your intresting review and do keep hijacking this one whenever you feel.

Nano needs good word of mouth publicity to shed its negative image.
Old 28th January 2012, 06:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

Dear TEAM

Did any one of you got your starter motors replaced by Nano 2012 starter Motor?

If YES do you notice any difference in cranking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks