Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 13:34   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

Great to see the nano running solid.

I have a 2014 XT, clocked 95000 kms till date. Replaced the radiator last week, as the tank had a leak. Apart from that, have had none issues.

The idea was to have a normal run about car, and now I travel the highways on it. 365kms one side, and does it without breaking a sweat.

So in love with the nano, picked up a 2015 GenX XT from Kerala. Maybe i will sell the old nano, maybe not.
beejay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:31   #212
Senior - BHPian

Nano faced its first breakdown in all of its 12 years. Better half was driving when she felt the gear lever not engaging. Luckily i was able to take mech from FNG and reach her in 20 mins. He saw and tied the cable with shifter using a cloth and we were able to take the car to garage.

After a day, they fixed the cable ( It had just disconnected from gear selector it seems ) and its back to normal now.
I assume better half was using excessive force while shifting gears ( She is a newbie driver ) and hence it came out.

Anyways this minor breakdown was worth 900Rs only, and didn't waste much time.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 12:46   #213
Senior - BHPian

Nano had its clutch replaced now at 62k kms. Old clutch was rock hard and was causing knee pain in traffic. New one is butter smooth and i hope it improve the mileage.

Total cost of clutch replacement including service was 12K at Shetty Garage.
Rest the car is in good shape and its back to its daily commuter role.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:24   #214
Senior - BHPian

Nearing 65k now, one of the tyres was letting air out, so fitted stephney which was 13 years old! Yes it was a 2010 manufactured tyre. It was put in use for 2 months of rough rainy pothhole filled driving and it endured. But cracks had started and hence replaced it with Ceat Milaze tyre worth 2.4k.

Cheaper than Bridgestone, but i guess its ok since the car is going to only do city runs.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:20   #215
Senior - BHPian

Car completed 13 years in March, just recently it had engine check light flashing symbol on board along with a overheating symbol.
There was loss of power as i nudged it home which was just 2 kms when this happened

I purchased the cheapest OBD available on Amazon and it showed the issue - Misfire in Cylinder 1.
Still to take car to FNG, hopefully should be Spark plugs or Ignition coil ( or both ), lets see.

Last edited by silverado : 22nd April 2024 at 17:24.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks