Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 19:12   #181
BANNED

re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I am having an intermittent headlight connector issue, where in one of the headlights don't work.
It does work when we try and shake connector.
A problem I have also noticed. The Negative (black) wire requires proper earthing, the connectors are a problem here. Jugaad is to push in another piece of wire from the rear of the connector and fix the other end with the nearer screw on the body. Had no headlight issues ever since.

Has anyone come across engine overheating ? Happened yesterday, Nano done 50650 kms, first the AC cut off. Then the temp warning light on the dash with an audio beep. Immediately cut off engine and parked one side (right under Janak Puri East Metro Stn, New Delhi). Ambient temp was hot, but not that much to heat the nano ! Cranked once, engine started, engine check light glowing along with temp light. Cut off again.

Waited about 20 min, then cranked, no temp warning light, only engine check lamp. drove slowly back home, switching engine OFF at busy traffic stops. Engine check light disappeared after a crank-OFF cycle. On reaching home in Dwarka, (about 8-9 kms), the rear bumper was hot to touch. Took the car to TASC Pahwa Autoworld in dwarka today.

Have been told that the radiator needs replacement, is probably clogged or leaking. Car to be given back tomorrow.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 21:58   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front left one, since right one is as good as new, it being an unused stephney.I will go for Bridgestone B290.
Rear ones are may go for another 4-5k kms.Currently car stands at 36K on odo.
Replaced front left with new B290. Costed me 2200rs in total.
Tyre has CKA 2016 marked on it, seems to be a year old tyre.
Old 16th August 2017, 00:02   #183
Senior - BHPian

Little Nano is close to 38k kms now.It has been 6 years and 5 months and it continues to amaze us and give us lot of joy.

The fact that my little one prefers Nano over my Baleno makes me feel very proud of this gem of a car.No one recognizes me when I take my Baleno ( which is premium ray blue - the most common colour ) to my office, but lot of people instantly know its me when I take Nano

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-20151213_084835.jpg

I will be posting pictures of interiors soon to show how well the car has been made that even after so many years it still looks great. Paint especially still looks good even though Nano has not got any special treatment when I was away.( Which was good 2 years ).

I plan to do a small photoshoot of my car soon.
silverado is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 02:08   #184
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mods

Please move my thread to long term ownerships.
Also request you to change title to :

Enjoying my Nano at 38K Kms.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:24   #185
BHPian

I'm a Nano owner from Feb 2011. At almost 30K km, she is never fails to give me a great smile every time I drive her.

Will upload some photos later.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 14:50   #186
Senior - BHPian

Nano had an issue with AC not cooling and hissing sound coming.
It was a leak in the system which was fixed by Concorde Tathawde ( Previously Baner ).

Total Cost : Rs 2200.

Did a small Photoshoot of my car Today.
Colour and shine is in good condition despite me not detailing her since long.

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0497.jpg
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0498.jpg
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0499.jpg
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0502.jpg
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0503.jpg
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0505.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc_0494.jpg  

silverado is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 10:35   #187
Senior - BHPian

AC leak issue has resurfaced, and this time they tell me its Cooling Coil.
There are 2 types of cooling coil's used 1) BEHR for pre-2012 models and 2) Subros for later models.

Also AMC cost has rocketed to more than double. It was 3900 for 2 years previously, whereas now it stands at 9300

AMC cost has increased for all cars, is what I am told and they are struggling to sell AMC's now

My car completed 7 years recently , ODO stands at 40,400 now.
Cost of paid service is Rs5300, since 40k is a major service.

Total cost ( AC coil replacement + service ) is coming close to 15K this time.

Last edited by silverado : 26th March 2018 at 10:48.
Old 29th March 2018, 20:01   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AC leak issue has resurfaced, and this time they tell me its Cooling Coil.
Total cost ( AC coil replacement + service ) is coming close to 15K this time.
Concorde Tathawde did a awesome job. SA Shankar was prompt as usual and Nano has transformed post 40k service.

She has become smooth, much more silent, no vibrations ( engine mount was replaced ), and engine feels slightly powerful than earlier.

AC is a chiller as it was when new. Really happy with the job done.
I have been a regular customer with them since 2011.

Interior cleaning was shabbily done, with lot of grease marks all round. But my SA has assured he will get the interior cleaning done separately next week.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 17:06   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Concorde Tathawde did a awesome job. SA AC is a chiller as it was when new. Really happy with the job done.
I have been a regular customer with them since 2011.
AC issue has re-occurred again. Those guys called me only when I complained to Tata motors helpline.

This is frustrating and I am now experiencing what most tata motors customer face - Bad service

This is the 3rd time issue has occurred in last 6-7 months and 13k spent on AC work, every time its gas leak.
I am adamant I need a loaner car this time and have asked them to send a technician at home.
Old 8th May 2018, 18:20   #190
BHPian

Quote:
AC issue has re-occurred again. Those guys called me only when I complained to Tata motors helpline.

This is frustrating and I am now experiencing what most tata motors customer face - Bad service

This is the 3rd time issue has occurred in last 6-7 months and 13k spent on AC work, every time its gas leak.
I am adamant I need a loaner car this time and have asked them to send a technician at home.
That's a lot of money! This may be off topic, but given the experience I had with a 2011 Nano in 2015, I'd say it is better to sell this and get a Twist (used). In my car, issues kept cropping up one after another. I decided to exchange it for the Twist when the drive shaft broke and stranded me on the road. It was not a pleasant experience, and I truly sympathize with anyone who owned the original Nano- the quality of components used was truly bad. The Twist is much better and we have not had to replace anything other than a failed wiper motor. Given the pathetic resale values of the Nano, a well maintained used Twist will be available within a lakh. If you retain the car, you could end up spending much more than the value of the car within a short while (suspension, engine, electrical components etc.)
Hopefully Tata resolves your problem professionally. If not, spending more on the car may not be a good investment.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 20:03   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
That's a lot of money! a well maintained used Twist will be available within a lakh. If you retain the car, you could end up spending much more than the value of the car within a short while (suspension, engine, electrical components etc.)
Totally agreed, but this car is not an investment for me, This is the first car I bought from my own money and hence want to keep it as long as possible.
Hence I would not trade in this car, even if I got a good resale.

Issue is not about money spent, its about quality of work done and lack of diagnosis by service centre.
Other than AC, car has been running fine and has not given me any issues till date.
Old 9th May 2018, 09:21   #192
BHPian

Quote:

My Nano 2012 CX has had its AC compressor replaced twice under warranty, last month when I gave it for servicing the SA called up to tell me that AC compressor needs to be replaced since its bearing is gone and cost is 15K. I have not replaced it since cooling is good except for bearing noise outside the car .Despite being a chiller , I think the cooling system is not properly designed.
Old 9th May 2018, 14:24   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I think the cooling system is not properly designed.
Mine is 2011 Nano, I don't think there is any issue with entire cooling system as such since I have not had any issues till date.

Its trial and error method of resolving issues which sucks.
I am adamant they need to give me a loaner car this time, without which I am not giving away my car for repairs.

customercare@tatamotors is a useless email address, no response from them yet on mail .

Customer care representatives on helpline are trained parrots, who have been unable to get things moving.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:05   #194
Senior - BHPian

Tata motors customer care did give me call.They tried to get me in conference with service centre GM and his head, but numbers were busy.

I have still not given my car to service centre, since they have not yet arranged a loaner car.I am also trying for re-imbursement since cooling coil replacement was unnecessary last time.

Will need to see what happens on Monday.
Old 18th May 2018, 15:41   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have still not given my car to service centre, since they have not yet arranged a loaner car.
I finally got a loaner car on Wednesday. I am happy its a Nano CNG XM variant. i fail to understand why it did not succeed as much.

Build quality, suspension, seats , steering ( Non-PS ) is superior than my 2011 Nano. CNG Nano is the ultimate thing you could buy for commuting in city traffic. Cost is around Rs 2-2.5 per km depending on CNG pressure.

I am enjoying it so much that I haven't called my SA about update for my car yet

Last edited by silverado : 18th May 2018 at 15:53.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks