Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:37   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Please kindly disclose the pricing. 10(L) depends on various factors, for sometime even the difference between platinum and gold insurance itself is 35k. That is just one off, also what is the actual ex-showroom discount you getting? So how much is it costing you on the road After discounts?

Ex showroom price-46.18L
OTR - 55.41L
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:29   #77
BHPian

Re: Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class

If Rs 55.41 L is after a discount of Rs 10L, maybe you need to check the figures again? Of course RTO tax varies from State to State.

Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class-screen-shot-20160222-4.31.26-pm.png
Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class-screen-shot-20160222-4.26.37-pm.png

Last edited by earthian : 22nd February 2016 at 16:32.
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:42   #78
anb
BHPian

In kerala, taxes are high at 20%. 9.3 lakh is the tax for 46.5 lakh ex-showroom vehicle
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:51   #79
BHPian

Please make sure that the tyres are those specified in the manual (run flat) or if already declared that would be not, then please check the month and year of manufacture of the tyres. They must be around the same time as the car was manufactured and not 2 years back, as one of my friends in Mumbai, who bargained for a good deal in the E class found out.
The week and year of manufacture is mentioned in the side wall of the tyre. eg: 4915 means the 49th week of 2015. Say Dec 2015
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:28   #80
BHPian

Yesterday I happened to see launch of a refreshed E class named as E edition on February 24th. Is it a limited edition model? If there is any info on this guys please do share. Her is the link about the launch.

https://m.cardekho.com/india-car-new...uary-17937.htm
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Yesterday I happened to se......
I know it's a bit out of place here, why don't you consider the newly launched superb? I mean it has almost everything that a Merc will give you and even more. You would have to let go of the badge though. But hey! It's a delicious package, and with the money saved (almost half) you can take care of the A.S.S. costs and maybe add some other beauty to your garage. (Read A SUV)
I am sorry if my opinion here is a lame one. I think I'm just too overwhelmed with the new superb.

Regards,
Shreyak.
Old 5th March 2016, 20:24   #82
BHPian

Finally booked E 250 Edition Obsidyon Black today. Delivery planned for next month.
Old 6th March 2016, 08:58   #83
BHPian

Excellent choice. You will enjoy it in the years to come. W212 has all the attributes of a classic Mercedes. Where did you purchase it from? Rajasree or Bridgeway?
Old 6th March 2016, 12:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinmurali View Post
Excellent choice. You will enjoy it in the years to come. W212 has all the attributes of a classic Mercedes. Where did you purchase it from? Rajasree or Bridgeway?

Thanks Nitin. I was seriously confused to go for W212 due to the launch of W213 in the near future. But later I felt that W212 will always remain as a classic Merc because the new W213 looks very similar to S and C class! I booked from Rajasree.
Old 17th March 2016, 21:22   #85
BHPian

The car has reached the yard yesterday. PDR sent today. PDI planned for tomorrow. Delivery in the coming week!
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 17:29   #86
BHPian

Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class

I took delivery of my E250 last Sunday!
Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class-imageuploadedbyteambhp1458906156.365080.jpg
Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class-imageuploadedbyteambhp1458906183.959328.jpg

But there developed few issues while driving back to Calicut from Kochi. These are the issues
1. Rattling from the panoramic sunroof sunblind of the front side when it is retracted.
This was present only on uneven roads.
2. Difficulty in closing the slide in the centre console after opening the ashtray. The slide was closing with a click. It was actually touching the cigarette lighter holder while sliding back.
3. Seat belt height adjustment not working that too both driver and co driver side. It's literally stuck!

I'd already raised about the above two issues with dealers and their response to my issues was very good. They kept the vehicle for a whole day and they confirmed the problems. According to them they had never come across any problems like this before especially in E class. Finally they delivered the vehicle in the evening and advised that these issues will settle down once vehicle has done some kilometres. My vehicle has only done 500km till now. Today morning when I tried to adjust the seat belt height, it's not working. Again I went to service today morning itself. My sales guy said he will call 2 technicians from kochi on Monday and in their presence will check out the complaints. He is also confused about the cause of these issues. What should I do now? In the last five days after taking delivery I'd already visited the service 3 times. What might be the cause of this? Was the PDI improper? Is my vehicle has some manufacturing defect? There are lot of things going through my heart! I seriously don't know how to proceed. I'm seriously scared about my vehicles future.

Last edited by nidhinsarath : 25th March 2016 at 17:31.
nidhinsarath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 01:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
There are lot of things going through my heart! I seriously don't know how to proceed. I'm seriously scared about my vehicles future.
First of all, congrats on your new E class, she looks lovely in black and am sure that you would have a wonderful experience with her for a long time.
Dont fret about these small issues, this seems to be a case of a careless dealer and an improper PDI, these issues (seat belt height adjust) would have been caught then n there, this is the reason why team bhp recommends doing a PDI yourself. Did you check your VIN if the car is fresh or old?

Your dealership is downright stupid in saying that these issues would settle down after the vehicle clocks some miles, the dealer has to fix it and it can not be magically fixed on its own. Do not send the car again and get it spoiled by these monkeys, mail mercedes benz India about the whole fiasco and let them figure out on why this is happening in a 60 lakh car and how to solve it. I had mailed BMW about alignment issues in my new 3 and the response was instantaneous with the dealership on their knees to solve the issue, it was resolved within a few hours.

Do not get scared of these small issues, this E is being sold from a long time and Mercedes would have ironed out small niggles. You have 3 years warranty and you would get a good response once you tell Mercedes India about your car and your sad service experience.
Old 26th March 2016, 11:04   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Dont fret about these small issues, this seems to be a case of a careless dealer and an improper PDI, these issues (seat belt height adjust) would have been caught then n there, this is the reason why team bhp recommends doing a PDI yourself. Did you check your VIN if the car is fresh or old?

Your dealership is downright stupid in saying that these issues would settle down after the vehicle clocks some miles, the dealer has to fix it and it can not be magically fixed on its own. Do not send the car again and get it spoiled by these monkeys, mail mercedes benz India about the whole fiasco and let them figure out on why this is happening in a 60 lakh car and how to solve it.

Do not get scared of these small issues, this E is being sold from a long time and Mercedes would have ironed out small niggles. You have 3 years warranty and you would get a good response once you tell Mercedes India about your car and your sad service experience.

Thanks a lot for the reassurance! Even I knew it that it's the PDI was improper. After the vehicle reached the yard, initially they said it will take at least 48 hours, but later on changed their time concern and told that the car can be delivered the next day itself.
Old 27th March 2016, 10:04   #89
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. It looks stunning. You made the right decision about choosing your car. As suggested above contact Mercedes India immediately and report the issues. They are the only ones who have even a little bit of responsibility to their brand. The scumbag dealers are only worried about increasing the number of vehicles sold and their profit.
Also don't let these minor issues curb your enjoyment of this wonderful car. You may also search Mercedes specific forums for more technical information if you desire so. Once again, congratulations.

Last edited by pamiboy : 27th March 2016 at 10:05.
Old 27th March 2016, 11:18   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
As suggested above contact Mercedes India immediately and report the issues. They are the only ones who have even a little bit of responsibility to their brand. The scumbag dealers are only worried about increasing the number of vehicles sold and their profit.
Also don't let these minor issues curb your enjoyment of this wonderful car. You may also search Mercedes specific forums for more technical information if you desire so. Once again, congratulations.

You mean to send an email to MB India with all the issues following the delivery? Will it in any way affect the dealers concerned because till now their customer support was very good. They were very courteous in listening to all my issues. I don't want to poke them by any means. If I send an email to MB, they will revert back to the concerned dealers only rite? Will it make any difference?
Yesterday, SM from Rajasree contacted after learning all the issues with my car. He asked to drop my car to rectify the above issues after providing a courtesy car. I'm concerned in giving a 5 day old car to service centre and they will drive it to kochi which is around 180km from here if it is not cleared from here.
They can change the seat belt height adjustment switch and centre console slide under warranty but what about the sun blind? I'd searched in certain MB forums about these problems but there is no mention about these kind of issues.

Last edited by nidhinsarath : 27th March 2016 at 11:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks