Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 10:15   #121
BHPian

Sorry everybody for the delay in pictures!
AFter buying this car, our holy days had started in our jain community which lasted for 8 days, called Puryushan, all about askin forgiveness from god for all the "glorious" sins i have done along the year!

And a few days after that, since past 3 days, i am dead sick! severe bodypain and fever n stuff, so guys, pardon me for another week or so, coz i jus cant stand properly either! just sitting now to write this out, so i have a change from lying down all day!
ther car is happily parked in the paking lot, calling out to me... zara zara touch me touch me touch me!

asta lavista amigos!
Old 19th September 2008, 23:42   #122
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post

Have added following accessories to it :
1. AC Shnitzer Roof Spoiler
2. AC Schnitzer Trunk Spoiler
3. ///M Badging on rear and both fenders - ///M 5 on rear, and ///M on left and right fenders.
4. M5 Alloy Wheel center caps
5. Chrome BMW Door Lock Pins
6. M6 Type Kidney Grill
7. 3M Floor matting
Brilliant ! That must be the most modded beem 5 around! and that too with AC S. Have fun!
Old 14th November 2008, 19:17   #123
BHPian

Audi has same standards as VW/Skoda?

Hi all,
Am looking to buy an A4 but am concerned about manufacturing methods and reliablity of Audi products since it is owned by VW/Skoda.
I live in India and don't know how Audi's build quality and long term reliability compare to Mercedes and BMW.
I really liked the interiors and finish of the A4 much better than its counterparts.
Any information would be great.
Thanks

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th November 2008 at 19:26. Reason: Search please opening new thread
Old 14th November 2008, 23:35   #124
BHPian

hey Morphin, just go for it without a doubt!

The new Audi A4's interiors are excellent, and of very good quality! everythign is built beautifully in there! have test driven one to a good extent, and loved it.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pardon me for another week or so
Still waiting for some pics buddy.
Old 15th November 2008, 02:07   #126
BHPian

ummmmmm

Thanks Insane. But you think it will really be more reliable than VW and Skoda cars and as reliable as Mercedes and BMW?
Thanks for your time
Old 16th November 2008, 00:23   #127
BHPian

Morphin, Its much better than the VW, and Please! Skoda is real bad when it comes to quality, so dont even compare Skoda with the Audi! I got the Laura, and am having some good quality problems with it.! Obsessed with Quality! hah! They are Obsessed with Advertising! nothing else.

About the New A4, except the MMI Knob, everything else is equal in quality to the BMW and Mercedes. Only the MMI Knob i felt a bit let down, as it is plasticy!, but thats only a feeling of it, the quality is very good thou, and the whole car is built to last!

Morphin, but if u are considering the Diesel version, i seriously suggest u to take a look at the BMW 520D. its only around 6lks more than the A4, and its way bigger and a class apart!

I was also in love with the A4, till BMW came up with the 520D. for 6-7lks difference if u can get a 5 series, its definatley better! u know what i mean?
else, if 520d wasnt there, i would be driving around in the NEW A4, red color with black interoirs!
In my hunt for a new car, i started off like u, and was hell bent upon the new A4, read the whole thread and see if u get the idea. Feel free to ask me more if u not sure, coz i have been thru what u are going thru now.
Good timing, BMW! just a week before the launch of the new A4, they launched the 520d and pulled me towards it.

bottomline is, the New A4 is an excellent car, with superb quality, and please dont think twice on such matters. just buy it man!
Old 16th November 2008, 11:24   #128
BHPian

Thanks insane

Hi Insanedevil,
thanks for that info. The only reason I am hesitating to buy a 5series is because of the fact that it is due for a model change in 2010. Thats my only concern. I am sure even you know this so how did you console yourself to get the 5?
congratz on your buy and looking forward to all your help to make this decision. Am waiting till March to buy the car as I know for sure that all these guys will be bringing some changes to counter the facelifted 3. Should be fun and if i am to stick to the old style 5 series i might as well get it next year in stock clearence
Old 17th November 2008, 00:56   #129
BHPian

Morphin,

1. Your worry about some changes in the Audi A4, due to the facelifted 3 series is applicable at all. This car is world launched in 2008, and there are no changes to it till atleast the next 2-3 years. Also, the facelifted 3 series is very slightly different from the current one. interiors are all same, but the bonet gets additional beauty lines, and a slightly v shaped on the centre of its bumper. not anything to discuss at all. just go for the A4 without any concerns about this.

2. The new 5 Series is not expected in India till end 2010 early 2011. It is expected as of now to be launched in the US first by September/October 2010, selling as MY2011. So by time its coming to India, its definately 2011. And well, 2 years thru, i think thats ok for a car so good! Another reason to sell off ur existing 5 and buy a new one sooner!
Old 17th November 2008, 01:26   #130
BHPian

Update on the Mileage figures driving in City in Hyderabad:

7-7.5kmpl
tank full to tank full method.

10.5kmpl
1/3rd tank highway driving at around 120-160km/hr
2/3rd tank city driving.

I think if driven in the range of 120-160, in highway complete, it would surely give around 12.5-13.5kmpl!

My driving is a little hard footed. The same are the figures with the Sprint Booster installed.

The 530d, in my hand, had given around 6.5kmpl
Old 17th November 2008, 01:34   #131
BHPian

I really din't like the orange screen that the A4 is coming with whereas the 3 series i drive is quite good

Audi i drive controls are placed next to the ac buttons and i felt it is quite uncomfortable compared to a 3 series

Audi Interiors looks average and 3 series interiors looks classy.

also the 2 litre audi engine is not as powerful as 3 series

Thanks

Last edited by sujithnk : 17th November 2008 at 01:36.
Old 17th November 2008, 03:01   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Update on the Mileage figures driving in City in Hyderabad:

7-7.5kmpl
tank full to tank full method.

10.5kmpl
1/3rd tank highway driving at around 120-160km/hr
2/3rd tank city driving.

I think if driven in the range of 120-160, in highway complete, it would surely give around 12.5-13.5kmpl!

My driving is a little hard footed. The same are the figures with the Sprint Booster installed.

The 530d, in my hand, had given around 6.5kmpl
Your average is lower than i expected. The 525d gives me 8-8.7 in the city and combined with some heavy footed driving often enough. The 530d should give around 7.5 in the city.
The 520d being a 4cyl should give atleast 10+ IMO.
Or is the Springbooster the culprit here
Old 17th November 2008, 10:55   #133
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My 530d gives about 7.5 kmpl in the City and about 10 kmpl on the highways.

I need to see if this will improve after the 1st service.....
Old 19th November 2008, 00:17   #134
BHPian

ITs confirmed the SB is not the culprit, coz i drove around 5 tanks without it and i was getting 7-7.5

Let me see a few more tanks and will know how much i am getting for sure with the SB.
I think with SB it should go down, as per the power boost i am getting, but because of the fact that it doesnt alter the engine working, just the accelerator push, shouldnt effect the mileage.

will update a few tanks later.
Old 19th November 2008, 00:58   #135
BHPian

Well morphin, there are folks by the Truckload who started hunting between cars in the 3 series and A4 range on T-BHP who finally landed with the BMW 520 or 525 models.

I seem to be having a Dejavu feeling again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks